The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I am owed one day off this week and am waiting to see which day I can take off. it would be nice to make the most of this glorious weather.

I will be on holidays v soon. I have enough in my account to pay my credit card but not much left over. I cannot wait till payday.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 June 2017 at 7:05PM
    I will have four days off starting this evening! Jobs to do-

[STRIKE]Washing
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Ironing
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Mow grass
    [/STRIKE]Paint garden table
    [STRIKE]Fit new hoover bags
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Try to sort out spare room

[/STRIKE]My new job will mean lots of unpaid work over the summer holidays but at least I have a job and I am alive and have so much to be grateful for. I keep thinking of those poor people in Grenfell Tower in the horrific fire that did not make it.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's horrific isn't it SW. Reminds you to be grateful for what you have I think.

I have tomorrow off work too :D I have been so exhausted this week at work and haven't been sleeping very well either. I hope you will have some time to relax and enjoy the weather too

Is it work you can do from home in the summer holidays or do you have to go in ?
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    I am hoping that I can do most of it from home but will need to pop in a few times.

I just did a £17 pound shop in Asda. I have bought some healthy food for the weekend but forgot Weetabix which was the reason I went! lol. :rotfl:
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 June 2017 at 8:25AM
    Hello, today I mowed grass (exhausting), did one load of washing which dried nicely on the line, helped the builder level some soil in the back part of the garden, cooked some lovely chicken.

Now I am resting. I am going to do projects for the next few days as I have 3 days off.

Tomorrow I will start some ironing. It is glorious outside, I hope it is like this in the summer as I would like to pretend I am far away somewhere abroad.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    It has been a lovely weather today I've been in and out with washing and more rubbish. Sounds like you had a busy day SW, wouldn't it be lovely to be on a tropical beach somewhere :cool: I'd love a dip in a cool sea or a pool right now :p
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Morning, it is glorious outside. I am going to iron, wash whites and chill.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Have a lovely day SW it looks like being a hot one !

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 June 2017 at 7:06PM
    I am, I have done washing, hung it up and ironed. I have to clean bathroom and then start clearing in the store room.

Tomorrow I am visiting a carboot and then plan to paint garden table. Fingers crossed I can do it. Now I am watering garden as it has been 26 degrees today.
  • savingwannabe
    I went to the car boot, we got there late but had a fried breakfast for myself and the friend that took me. I bought an assortment of things eg lots of petunia plants, some pretty cake shaped pots, a few decorations, two punnets of apricots and some disposable gloves.

Total spend £25! But that is my treat for the week. I'm washing my bedsheets, then I am going to have a nap then clean the windows. I have 200 bulbs to plant tonight too. I might not have the energy to paint my garden table but will try when I wake up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure