IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Finally a reminder that the word 'cowboys' about this 'industry' was coined by Martin Lewis in 2009 and it's in an article here and in the National Press.

Yet more irony! :rotfl:

(Yes. We appreciate that ML is only a figurehead now and doesn't have any real dealings now with MSE).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    waamo wrote: »
    I will bet they try and get prolific posters banned next.

I am sure they have tried in the past. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BenefitMaster
    BenefitMaster Posts: 641 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I am sure they have tried in the past. :)

I could quote something they have written to a court about me, if you want. All a lie, all provably so.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    There is still a transcript floating around of when I called someone "a crackpot wallet emptier".

Judge said that was ok though, :beer:
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    So, when people constantly post names and use words like "scam", "cowboys", “rip-offs” etc. it becomes a legal problem and we may have to remove threads and posts to protect the site.

And if I was a person who " wanted to stick two fingers up at the parking firms." would I be breaking the rules?

So if I was to write :-
    "These supposed 'fines' are a Wild West measure. Whether the cowboys do it at supermarkets, retail parks, hospitals or housing estates, they're often unenforceable."
    I would be using inappropriate words, according to the opening post.

The bits in italics have, of course, been lifted from MSE's own current (Feb 14) article on fighting parking tickets.
  • Perhaps Andrea could do a questim and answer session....
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • Glacier_2
    Glacier_2 Posts: 37 Forumite
    It is the last throw of a dying wasp.
  • trubster
    trubster Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Perhaps Andrea could do a questim and answer session....

Posts like this appear and are never responded to. I wouldn't bother posting any questions here.
    We’ve had to remove your signature because your opinion differs from ours. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why you can not have your own opinion on here and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    An interesting contradiction MSE -

"Its stance of putting consumers first is protected and enshrined in the legally-binding MSE Editorial Code."
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    All been said just agreeing with what has been said.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure