Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Options

Comments

• kazda
    kazda Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry so many disappointed customers out there. I am a self employed courier and do deliveries and collections for Hermes. With regard to this new venture I have recieved nothing but praise for the service. I recieve parcels and collection notices on a daily basis and these are cleared on that day usually in the morning. Customers are always carded if not in. Obviously I cannot comment on any other couriers but I have been doing this for 13 years now and like to think that a local courier can give good friendly customer service. At least you don't have to make a journey to a Post Office depot if you miss your delivery we always try again the next day.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kazda wrote: »
    Sorry so many disappointed customers out there. I am a self employed courier and do deliveries and collections for Hermes. With regard to this new venture I have recieved nothing but praise for the service. I recieve parcels and collection notices on a daily basis and these are cleared on that day usually in the morning. Customers are always carded if not in. Obviously I cannot comment on any other couriers but I have been doing this for 13 years now and like to think that a local courier can give good friendly customer service. At least you don't have to make a journey to a Post Office depot if you miss your delivery we always try again the next day.

My local Hermes courier is a bit hit and miss. They have on a number of occasions claimed to have tried to deliver something and claimed I am not in when I actually am in. No card has been left. However a number of times they have missed us and need it to be signed for. So have left a telephone number which we have rang and they have given us an exact time for delivery which they have kept to. Its the same courier every time so I am not sure why I get good and bad customer service! I think its because they don't always have the time to deliver parcels in my area so claim I am not there and don't bother turning up.
  • appleblossom
    appleblossom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Options
    I am fuming with myhermes - booked them for the first time on friday night to collect yesterday - yesterday came and went - got to 5.30, rang them up, they rang the courier who told them her gun had broke so she couldn't do collections yesterday (didn't bother to let them know mind) - however promised she would be here this morning -

11.30pm still no sign, phoned again and they couldn't get hold of her but left her a message to call them.

1.30pm still not here, phoned again, they still couldn't get hold of her so I told them to cancel it and give me a refund and I will book elsewhere -

Booked through parcelmonkey (£2 cashback for each parcel on quidco now) for tomorrow, however I had fed-ex coming out for some more parcels that were booked for today, asked if they could take tomorrows one too for me and it's now happily on its way to the customer.

Have sent myhermes an email advising them what a poorly run service they run and I cannot deal with unreliability - I will never ever use them again.
  • pinkpower
    Options
    I hardly dare ask but has anyone tried their compensation service. Parcel arrived within the timescale but had obviously been thrown around and parts were damaged.
    LBM July 2009
    DMP Start 1 September 2009
    DMP Support Number 335
  • star222
    Options
    I'm having problems with them too... Had items picked up last Thursday & Friday and aparently they are still unmoved from my local depot since. Said they would sort it out and get back to me. Still waiting. Doesnt help that I've a complete moron buyer thats already filing claims against me. Agh!
  • niknaknoo1982
    Options
    I had a parcel sent to me via myhermes (from avonshop) I was home all day...didn't hear anyone at the door. The next morning i found a card under my door mat, saying that my parcel had been left in the back garden - found my soggy avon but don't think i'll order from there again if they always use that service!
    If google doesn't know it, how should i?
  • p.met
    Options
    I started using Myhermes during postal strike and have sent over 30 items i sold on ebay.They have not let me down yet.They have picked up and delivered ontime.They are cheaper than the post office and i dont have to go out in all sorts of weather to post item.Thank you Myhermes,1st class. Ive got no problem using them.:T
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    p.met wrote: »
    I started using Myhermes during postal strike and have sent over 30 items i sold on ebay.They have not let me down yet.They have picked up and delivered ontime.They are cheaper than the post office and i dont have to go out in all sorts of weather to post item.Thank you Myhermes,1st class. Ive got no problem using them.:T

Mmm First post now if I was cynical................
  • TehJumpingJawa
    Options
    Oh god, I just booked my first delivery with them ><
    I only went with them because I missed the cut-off for a collection today/delivery tomorrow through monkey.

If the service is that bad, I don't think they should be on the MSE recommended list.

We shall see; maybe it won't be so bad! It certainly is cheap!
  • TehJumpingJawa
    TehJumpingJawa Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 January 2010 at 11:54PM
    Options
    Oh god, I just booked my first delivery with them ><
    I only went with them because I missed the cut-off for a collection today/delivery tomorrow through monkey.

If the service is that bad, I don't think they should be on the MSE recommended list.

We shall see; maybe it won't be so bad! It certainly is cheap!

It's 3pm and my parcel is no closer to it's destination..... it's still sat on the table by the front door awaiting collection.
    Every time i've used DHL, City Link et al., the parcel has always *without fail* been collected in the mid-morning.

I'm coming to the conclusion I should have either used monkey & their free next-day upgrade.
    Hell, even RM standard parcels would be better than being trapped at home awaiting a courier collection.

:edit:

They failed to collect on the guaranteed day.
    So far i've spent £1.50 on phone calls to their 'help desk' (10p/min premium number) to no gain and more importantly no apology.

I concur with everyone else on this thread - steer well clear. I bet I end up with poor feedback being left by my buyer because of this useless unprofessional company.

I'll be on the phone tomorrow demanding a refund for both the postage charge and the phone costs incurred having to chase them.

As a quick comparison, I used CityLink(via Monkey Parcels) Tuesday of this week & it was a flawless service; booked @ 11pm Tuesday, collected @ 11am Wednesday, delivered 11am Thursday.
    I was happy, my buyer was happy, Monkey was happy - All for £7 - Brilliant!
    Their website is easier to use too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport