Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh very F*ck!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Indeedy. ****
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Cornish_mum
    Options
    Thirded from me... what the F???? However sadly not surprised. Just had to give my students a pep talk about it ~~~:(
    CM
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Dh rolled home at 4.10am, someone announced the exit polls as pudding was being served at their works meal, so they went out for cocktails after, while keeping an eye on the pundits, then ended up at the boss's house having a wake.

And the rotter did not even ring or text me once. Ratbag!
    Anyway, I was in bed with the coverage, dozed once or twice for 20 minutes, finally turned off at 5am and got up at 6.20. One kid off school with sore throat and horrible cough. Got lems1ps and cough mixture on the way home from dropping the other three at school, came home, dosed him and popped him back into bed with a hot water bottle and a bacon sandwich (not real bacon, facon!) anyway he has spent most of the day in bed, is happy as Larry and seems to be making an improvement.

Biryani for supper tonight as I can't be faffed to cook (well, there are various degrees of not being bothered to cook, and this level is one pot).
    Poor dh is suffering a bit. He did manage to get to work by about 10.30. but looked rough around the edges. A bit ruffled. It will not bode well for the Uni sector - foreign applications are down already.

I did the school Xmas decorations afternoon. Had a gossip, and came home. That is it.

I have just started to make a list of things for people for Xmas.

I am devastated by the election results. I do not know why. I am never going to be mainstream, why on Earth would I be on the populist side? I also know a lot about the EU and all its institutions and what it actually does, oops, sorry, did for the UK. Come of having studied modern European Politics for BA and MA. So, time to pull on my big girl pants and try and brexit proof my immediate surroundings and lifestyle. It is coming, I know it is coming, it will not be a surprise. I must join a prepping thread and become a conspiricist.

If anyone complains on 1st February that Brexit is not sorted yet and they are bored of it. I will attack them with the full force of my disappointment in them, and any available root vegetables, whilst shouting 'shut up, get over it- We have left, It is done'
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I suspect in the not to distant future some people will recognise the truth of "be careful what you wish for".
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Also disappointed - but not surprised - at the result.

And can confirm that any such parcels arriving from ASummers or similar do arrive in discreet packaging - a friend told me this, of course! :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Today's plans - coffee, quick morning trip to town, bank, bake, clean and hoover my car. Laundry (yawn)

Got rid of a big bag of books to c/s yesterday.

I will make a savory mice and potato pie for supper. Lunch will be facon sandwiches or microwaved leftovers. Take your pick. Will also make a veg soup as the kids are suddenly ravenous, 24/7 although they are doing nothing.

I was in bed by 9.00 last night and slept until woke by a coughing child at 6. So did the lemon-flavoured-paracetamol-based-drink thing. made him a cup of tea, he had a bowl of cereal, and I packed him off back to bed with cough mixture and a hot water bottle. So then I was awake.

Bought DS1 his first pair of DMs (£140!!!)( 5% cashback and cc points)for Xmas, got a few hints of dh as to what he wants. Found out the B0dy Sh0p is still owned by Nestle, so is still on my boycott list. I boycott the big 3 plastic polluters - Coca-Cola, Nestle, and Pepsi-Co. But it does mean no Sao Pelligrino:(. Oh well. Conscience must, and all that. So DS1 will have things to open, DS2 has nothing and still has £150 of birthday/summer holiday money left floating around his room, DS3 is sorted, and DS4 has nothing much.

S-i-l has bought them all pjs from N3xt, which is lovely, I will open them and have a look - they might all go back to the shop - she is not great on their ages/sizes and has not seen them in over 2 years. Too busy jetting off on holidays:D.

F-I-L has a date for his operation. Why they did not just go private when they have health insurance I do not know. It is going to cost them about £300. He did not want to have to bother with it. That is why men die of prostate cancer. Ignore it and it will go away. Anyway, m-i-l rang up to find out if they were covered after getting annoyed that he would not - I mean you can't wait over 2 months to make one phone call! And from initial funding enquiry to having an actual op date was less than 48 hours. So he is booked into the vets for that. One less thing to worry about.

Step-gran fainted the other day, while getting dried from the bath by the carer. No harm done. I rang as she was waiting to go out to lunch with her friend to say thank you for taking her out shopping every Thursday for her groceries. Well that means she has been lying to me about not being able to go out, so she was off to a country club for her lunch with her mate! Cheeky mare. Pulled the wool over my eyes - manipulative old bat. She is very unhappy with me volunteering at the foodbank. I think she has rung a few times and I have not been in to hear her complain. :rotfl: Oh well! I am sure she can complain to her friend over her posh lunch out.
    But first, coffee and getting dressed.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    I am plagued by being one of two morning people in my house. I have waited for dh to get up so I can have a coffee with him before going out to town- he appeared at 9.20 ,I just tried to leave, when a head (DS1)poked between the banisters and said if I was going to town could I wait 20 minutes for him to get dressed and have breakfast... I have been waiting since 7am to be able to leave, and now I am waiting again! I will be lucky if I get to town for 11am. Parking will no doubt be horrendous. Oh well! The best laid plans of mice and f0xh0les....
    And now dh has got in the bath so DS1 can't clean his teeth, do his hair or wash. I am going alone!
    Parcels and envelopes have started to be delivered. I can no longer pretend it is not happening. I may decide next year to not bother, but for this year I am 'in'.

Step-Gran can have another bouquet.

I have just come back from my shopping trip and I have seen the most random present ever - it is a build your own model of a pregnancy pelvis. Complete with foetus. Bizarre! Someone is going to be weirded out this Xmas!:rotfl: Recreate the wonder of Bethlehem this December, with a recreation of Mary's birth canal. :rotfl::rotfl: There were plenty of other weird things in Tiger - the remote control snake, in case you wanted to recreate The Garden of Eden and Adan's fall into sin, but mostly it was just plastic tat and nonsense. It was rammed!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We are sending mum a bouquet too. If we give her a plant, she fiddles with it and deadheads it constantly until it dies. About 24 hours... But she tends to leave flowers alone for some reason.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    She is probably reliving gardening and tending to her plants 'to make them last' - she has dementia doesn't she? or have I remembered that wrong?

But flowers are a remembrance of love, and celebrations, and happiness, so she can just enjoy without thinking she has to be 'doing' with them. A plant you have to take care of, a bouquet of flowers means you are not forgotten and someone thinks enough of you to make sure you have them. Even if you can't remember who gave them to you. You know you are important, and loved, and it gives a conversation opener to anyone who sees them, which can only be a good thing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure