Determed To Do It

Comments

• Hey

YAY...countdown to new bed day is on! haha

It is going to be such a good feeling for you to be putting the extra into savings rather than paying off debt. Are you still thinking of keeping up with the little extra things you have been doing to make additional funds like surveys/online work?

Yeah I'm planning to, mostly because I've planned my new budget when the bad debts are gone on the average minimum I can get from the online work, plus surveys are just a (good) habit now, might as well still make the extra money where I can :D

Now that I think about DITR's post a bit more, I think I had planned to purchase YNAB as my DF treat :rotfl:
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm planning to, mostly because I've planned my new budget when the bad debts are gone on the average minimum I can get from the online work, plus surveys are just a (good) habit now, might as well still make the extra money where I can :D

Now that I think about DITR's post a bit more, I think I had planned to purchase YNAB as my DF treat :rotfl:

hahaha:rotfl::rotfl: its crazy to think you see a budget tool as your DF treat. This just shows a total transformation and shows that along they way you have adjusted and this is really how you know you will remain debt free. You have not just paid off the debt you have changed how you view money
  • hahaha:rotfl::rotfl: its crazy to think you see a budget tool as your DF treat. This just shows a total transformation and shows that along they way you have adjusted and this is really how you know you will remain debt free. You have not just paid off the debt you have changed how you view money

:rotfl: I do really get on with the tool, so it'll be nice to be able to pay for it :rotfl:
  • bd80s
    bd80s Posts: 368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You've done so well with clearing your debt so quickly and clearly you've very much adjusted your mindset :-)

looking forward to seeing when you are debt free!
  • Thank you :D
    bd80s wrote: »
    You've done so well with clearing your debt so quickly and clearly you've very much adjusted your mindset :-)

looking forward to seeing when you are debt free!

Happy Thursday, y'all! (I'm probably going to post most days up until I pay the last penny off of my credit card, so I'm sure you'll get bored of me soon!)

Two more sleeps on the floor, OH is very much looking forward to having a bed back again.

We finally have our sole lift at work up and running again today, so my legs will get a break at last :D

Spends today will be postage of my mum's present (which barely, and I mean BARELY, sizes up as a small international parcel) and picking up some face wipes, hoping the last present actually turns up today or tomorrow so I can send that and the other present over in time for Christmas. Or I might just chance it and send it all tomorrow.... I don't know :rotfl: I am going to probably have to rush back to work on my lunch hour at some point to be there to receive a parcel I need, so maybe it's less havoc to do it tomorrow, don't want to be stuck in a queue when I need to be elsewhere.

Not much else to report, CC2 should be done and dusted tomorrow, then to work out how to allocate the rest of my pay.

:)
  • SSDD23 wrote: »
    (I'm probably going to post most days up until I pay the last penny off of my credit card, so I'm sure you'll get bored of me soon!)
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    (Not much else to report, CC2 should be done and dusted tomorrow, then to work out how to allocate the rest of my pay.

:)

This is so exciting :D

Happy new bed too lol x
  • Well, no clearing of the CC this morning, waiting for the funds to clear, should be Monday at the latest but I am hoping for sooner.

I have worked out I can comfortably pay around £330 off of CC1, which keeps the balance under £1,000 even with this months' interest being added.

Bit of a weird Friday 13th, not getting the money as quickly as usual, also had a big barney with OH this morning about the usual stuff, we're gonna have to either decide to push past some things as a team or just give up, quite frankly. We will see.

On a positive note, my last gift for my mum turned up yesterday whilst I was at work, so everything can FINALLY be sent off to her, one day after the guaranteed posting date, so fingers crossed.

One more sleep on the floor, I'm hoping they don't come too early tomorrow, it would be nice to lounge in bed for a bit before having to get up and move things around/get dressed/etc.

Ordered two presents today now that people have told me what they would like, just need to buy for ONE more person, and I am 100% done and dusted *breathes sigh of relief* I sure am glad I got most of it sorted ages ago.

I should be able to get a spend-free weekend if I get everything done today that I need to, so that's something positive, too :D x
  • your organisation puts me to shame

Sorry to hear about your domestic - hopefully get a mutually agreeable solution soon
  • your organisation puts me to shame

This is the first year of being so organised - mainly to relieve the stress :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Right - the parcels going abroad are FINALLY gone. I had to point out to the man at the self-serve in the post office that small parcels going international don't have the same size limits as the normal small parcel guide box they have hanging around, finally got him to agree it was a small parcel, £15.75 for the larger parcel :eek: and about £6 for the smaller one... oh well, it's all done and dusted now!

Cashed out £6.30 from PA this morning which helped towards the cost of the postage until my SE wages land in my account (hopefully by tomorrow morning)

Just watching my bank account like a hawk now :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport