Music download where from?

Comments

• take a look at AMAZON
  • db2016
    db2016 Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    i use spotify.. mainly and YT music (around 20 a month for both)

occasionally use other methods for full albums, but they would be "at own risk" i guess. / not for beginners.
  • I've never used Amazon for music before. Am I right in thinking that you can download individual tracks and then pop them on a CD? I'm trying to make a compilation for the car - but my 21yr old car (and its radio) can't handle anything other than CDs. So I need to go "old school" with my music.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've never used Amazon for music before. Am I right in thinking that you can download individual tracks and then pop them on a CD? I'm trying to make a compilation for the car - but my 21yr old car (and its radio) can't handle anything other than CDs. So I need to go "old school" with my music.

Yes of course you can do that.
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've never used Amazon for music before. Am I right in thinking that you can download individual tracks and then pop them on a CD? I'm trying to make a compilation for the car - but my 21yr old car (and its radio) can't handle anything other than CDs. So I need to go "old school" with my music.

You can also buy the CD and get a downloadable copy of it! Sometimes it's cheaper to buy the CD than the downloadable copy (but not always).

Any music I do purchase I do through Amazon so I can get the CD and a downloadable version of it.
  • db2016
    db2016 Posts: 343 Forumite
    "autorip" for anyone looking at this, yea i have alllll the cds i have bought for around 15 years off amazon on the account, which works great coz some have been gifts and ive thought, oh i'd like that for myself lol. and there they are in digi form! - some 10000 tracks at last count (there will be some overlap with compilations etc but yea still good!)

Sharon87 wrote: »
    You can also buy the CD and get a downloadable copy of it! Sometimes it's cheaper to buy the CD than the downloadable copy (but not always).

Any music I do purchase I do through Amazon so I can get the CD and a downloadable version of it.
  • I would get CDs from a charity shop and rip them to MP3 then give the CD back to the shop if I don't need it
  • I've never used Amazon for music before. Am I right in thinking that you can download individual tracks and then pop them on a CD? I'm trying to make a compilation for the car - but my 21yr old car (and its radio) can't handle anything other than CDs. So I need to go "old school" with my music.
    Old school, that's not old school - cassettes is old school lol :-)
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    edited 28 March 2020 at 4:15PM
    Whats a cassette ?? will it play my EPs and 45s .

Would the basic Alexa service suit the OP ??
    Lots in my family use it add sub for even more .
  • ZoeSkinner
    ZoeSkinner Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic
    Spotify, iTunes.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills