Well Done Royal Mail

Options
First of my sent Christmas parcels has arrived. Sent RM 2nd class small parcel, 1.954Kg at 10.34 am yesterday from N Scotland, text received from relative south of London that it arrived before 12.00 today.:T

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And another one this afternoon, so far 25% next day delivery via 2nd class.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Options
    And 2 more "sorry we missed you" cards. So that is 50% of the parcels arrived next day, all to SE England. The other 4 have gone to the SW and nothing arrived yet. Both around the same distance so it would seem the SE is served better than SW.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    it would seem the SE is served better than SW.

London init!
  • thriftytracey
    Options
    We have had two "sorry we missed you cards" from The Royal Mail. Both times were were in and we also have a loud doorbell which is working and it is positioned right next to the front door. On the first occasion we arranged for redelivery and the item never arrived. We then had to drive 13 miles to the sorting office and there had been an error at their end. Today is the second occasion and again arranged for redelivery. I honestly think they just knock the letterbox which cannot be heard. Or perhaps they are on targets. I don't know. They certainly doing well posting large profits.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Options
    We have had two "sorry we missed you cards" from The Royal Mail. Both times were were in and we also have a loud doorbell which is working and it is positioned right next to the front door. On the first occasion we arranged for redelivery and the item never arrived. We then had to drive 13 miles to the sorting office and there had been an error at their end. Today is the second occasion and again arranged for redelivery. I honestly think they just knock the letterbox which cannot be heard. Or perhaps they are on targets. I don't know. They certainly doing well posting large profits.

Then put a note up to ensure the bell is used.
    you go to a door and press the bell. you can't hear it,did it ring? Is anyone in? do you knock?
    So you tend to default to knocking the door as its a known quantity.
  • thriftytracey
    Options
    "Put a note up to ensure the bell is used"

That is funny.
  • K80_Black
    Options
    I've had failed deliveries from companies who claimed my property is inaccessible as they couldn't work out how to use my buildings doorbell. It has instructions engraved and painted red on it. I suppose the solution would be to stick a hand written note above the doorbell, stating 'To operate the doorbell, please read the instructions on the doorbell' .

Unfortunately, I find hand written notes an eyesore, so I should probably make a secondary engraved sign, informing people of the existing engraved sign. Far easier than expecting a person whose job is literally to deliver post to be able to use something as difficult as a doorbell.
  • thriftytracey
    Options
    Perhaps a large Klaxon with a revolving red light....
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Options
    "Put a note up to ensure the bell is used"

That is funny.

or dont and moan on the forum. Hope that solution works out for you.
  • thriftytracey
    Options
    You a troll???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills