Dwp payment - carers allowance backdated pay confused....

Hi all! Awarded my carers from 28/10 I am currently in receipt of income support too. I recieved the letter telling me payment will be in my account around 15th. I have just checked my bank and it says dwp CA and there is £10. I know you get a Christmas bonus when getting carers allowance but according to Gov website it would show as DWP XB . So question is is that my backdated pay?! Surely it cant be right?? Can some one reassure me please If they have a Christmas bonus and it's been pays with DWP CA and NOT DWP XB thanks :) x

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As it is £10 exactly and is not an amount that is based from CA pro rata calculation, they yes most likely Christmas bonus which has been processed.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    tania12 wrote: »
    Hi all! Awarded my carers from 28/10 I am currently in receipt of income support too. I recieved the letter telling me payment will be in my account around 15th. I have just checked my bank and it says dwp CA and there is £10. I know you get a Christmas bonus when getting carers allowance but according to Gov website it would show as DWP XB . So question is is that my backdated pay?! Surely it cant be right?? Can some one reassure me please If they have a Christmas bonus and it's been pays with DWP CA and NOT DWP XB thanks :) x
    As you're claiming Income Support, you won't receive the full amount of Carers Allowance backdated. You'll receive £36.85 per week backdated. which is the carers premium that's added to your Income Support. The carers allowance is deducted £1 for £1 from your Income Support.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure