Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    • 14,327Posts
    • 47,778Thanks
    savingwannabe
    The Happy Savings Fund
    • 18th Feb 15, 6:31 PM
    The Happy Savings Fund 18th Feb 15 at 6:31 PM
    I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 03-12-2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: to re-focus my savings
    Trying to be a frugal minimalist.
Page 123
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 3rd Dec 19, 6:33 PM
    • 14,327 Posts
    • 47,778 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Work are offering an extra bit of work on my day off. I have applied let's see. I have ordered some pyjama bottoms as mine are falling apart. lol. Cost 15.50

This weekend I might declutter my Christmas things, jewellery and lipstick and see if I can sell anything.

Thinking ahead to next year I will try to sell some unwanted clothes and also some bags, canvases from my spare room. Hopefully some of it will make money.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 04-12-2019 at 7:09 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 4th Dec 19, 6:08 PM
    • 14,327 Posts
    • 47,778 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Yesterday was a NSD. Today we had a work thing and the damage done to my purse was 12. I could have been much more frugal as some of it was for rubbish food. I will remember this in the future.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 05-12-2019 at 5:58 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 6th Dec 19, 4:07 PM
    • 14,327 Posts
    • 47,778 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I had a NSD. Hurrah it's the weekend. I have just got in and the heavens have opened. OMG it's dreadful out there.

One pair of my pjs have arrived. Not bad for 4!!!! Fabulous.

This weekend I am going to try to sell some things on fleabay and do lots of marking. I have received some vouchers for the cinema from my bank account and am going to give them as presents to my brother and niece. How MSE am I?
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 06-12-2019 at 4:19 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 6th Dec 19, 7:07 PM
    • 3,781 Posts
    • 19,467 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Fabulous idea to gift the cinema vouchers SW

PJ's sound like a great bargain too and well done on NSD

Have a great weekend x
    Balance 0% credit card 1360 598
    0% Car Loan 7500 balance to pay 1/10/19 160 1/11/19 160 1/12/19 160 LAST PAYMENT 1/1/2020 140.
    Emergency fund 300 Xmas / birthday fund 285 Car maintenance fund 312
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 7th Dec 19, 8:32 AM
    • 5,196 Posts
    • 44,389 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Hooray for the weekend, although I HAVE to do a shedload of marking and assessment on Sunday I shall make the most of my Saturday "off" instead!

Gifting the cinema vouchers is a brilliant idea, how's the rest of the Christmas preps coming along?
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 7th Dec 19, 1:48 PM
    • 14,327 Posts
    • 47,778 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello Kittikins, quite well. To save all the hassle everyone is getting gift vouchers or beautiful decorative bottles that I bought from a lady who crafts. One voucher left to buy.

So far I have been listing things on fleabay, done two lots of washing, drying and vacuumed & thrown out some worn pjs. I sold an item for 8 and bought another picture. I should have just kept the money, I know, I am kicking myself.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 07-12-2019 at 8:33 PM.
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 8th Dec 19, 8:32 AM
    • 14,327 Posts
    • 47,778 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    A lady picked up one of the items sold. I already spent her money 8 lol. I marked and did some training too. I have definitely made another two sales on fleabay. I am glad I did this as I have made something this weekend.

My store room is looking a little bit emptier I might shift some bits around to declutter some more. I still have too many shoes and don't know what to do. That might be the next plan.

We break up for hols in two weeks I cant wait. I have one more painting to list on fleabay then I will do one bit of marking and find my Christmas cards. A few everyday I think.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 08-12-2019 at 6:32 PM.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 8th Dec 19, 10:58 AM
    • 5,196 Posts
    • 44,389 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Art is important, I think having a lovely picture is a good use of money
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 9th Dec 19, 6:13 PM
    • 14,327 Posts
    • 47,778 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Today was a loooong day at work. I have come home exhausted.

I have been waiting for my 125 switch bonus from my new bank account and it has been delayed. I rang them today, the first person said I wasn't entitled and the second a v kind lady is going to make sure I get it in the next 3- 5 days. I feel relief that it is coming as I really wanted the money. I hope it comes.

Our Christmas party is 30, I only agreed to go if my work friend could and it looks like she may not make it for a real reason so we are both 30 out of pocket. yikes. I hope she can make it. We shall see.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 09-12-2019 at 7:26 PM.
    • JennyJukes
    • By JennyJukes 9th Dec 19, 8:37 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 903 Thanks
    JennyJukes
    Really hope you get that money too. I know the feeling of missing out because you'd rather not be there than be there without your friend lol.
    Saving for:
    Emergency Fund: Complete
    House Deposit: On-Going
    Second-Hand Replacement Car: On-Going
    And whatever else the future brings...
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Dec 19, 7:43 PM
    • 14,327 Posts
    • 47,778 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hurrah the 125 is in my account. I am so glad I made that phonecall. I think I am going to use this money to pay my credit card this month.

I have not spent any money for the last few days. I hope I can keep this up. I am trying to finish all the food in my house first.
    Last edited by savingwannabe; 11-12-2019 at 7:49 PM.
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 11th Dec 19, 7:55 PM
    • 3,781 Posts
    • 19,467 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Great news about your switching bonus SW. Hope your friend can make it to your work do
    Balance 0% credit card 1360 598
    0% Car Loan 7500 balance to pay 1/10/19 160 1/11/19 160 1/12/19 160 LAST PAYMENT 1/1/2020 140.
    Emergency fund 300 Xmas / birthday fund 285 Car maintenance fund 312
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 11th Dec 19, 8:01 PM
    • 14,327 Posts
    • 47,778 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hello petal, nice to speak to you. It feels like we are speaking. Nice to be home after a looooooong day.I am planning never, ever, ever to pay for or go to a work Christmas-do again. lol.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,627Posts Today

7,688Users online

Martin's Twitter