SEIS - Claim Loss Relief - Self Assessment

I've invested in a number of companies via SEIS and a couple of the companies has been dissolved (although only one for the tax year I am currently submitting - in June 2018).

I'm in the process of completing my 2018/19 tax return and would like to claim loss relief against my income tax for the previous tax year 2017/18 as permitted.

The amount invested in the company that has since been dissolved was £293.00. I initially received 50% tax relief so believe I need to claim against the amount £146.50.

In the tax year I am completing 2018/19 I am a basic rate tax payer, which is why I am claiming the loss relief against the year before 2017/18 when I was a higher rate tax payer.

I assume although I am claiming against Income Tax, the part of my self assessment form I need to complete is the 'Capital Gains' section ?

Has anyone been through this before and can confirm if I am doing this correctly ? - The other two companies that dissolved occurred in the current tax year 2019/20, so I will need to do the same next year too.

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport