Leaving TalkTalk

Last month, on 15th October, I moved from TalkTalk to Plusnet. Since then I have received a normal bill from my former ISP when, according to the literature posted at their site I should have got a final bill.When I phoned the TalkTalk helpline they claimed that I am still their customer and that my TalkTalk line is still active. It is not. My ISP is now connected to a Plusnet address. How can I get TalkTalk to close my account and refund money that they owe me? At the moment they simply refuse to accept that I am no longer their customer.

Comments

• TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Hi grumpos,

I am so sorry to hear that you've decided to leave us. Though your service with your new provider may have began, it will take 30 days from the date of you cancellation of services for the contract to cancel and until that point it will remain active. During this time, any charges incurred will go ahead and be billed as normal. It is after this date that your full final charges will be calculated, and a final bill will then be generated.

If this timeframe has elapsed and you're still yet to receive a final bill, I'd advise reaching out to our team and they can investigate what's happened.

You can find all of our contact details on our website.

Thanks,
    Zach - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • An update. Contacting TalkTalk by phone has been a dead loss and achieved nothing. I was repeatedly told that the account was still active, and no solutions were offered. When I wrote to the company I was told they would only deal with my complaint by telephone - so back to square one. I have also found out that since my transfer to a new ISP my home landline no longer accepts incoming calls due to TalkTalk messing up the transfer process. This is particularly worrying as I have elderly relatives who I need to keep in contact with.
    The TalkTalk billing department are still sending me normal bills and taking money from my bank account even though I cancelled my direct debit with them. I do not receive any services from them so why are they doing this. Why is is it not regarded as theft?
    The whole situation is a mess. Why TalkTalk are acting in this way is beyond me. Any attempts to clear up the mess have failed as nobody at the company is prepared to act.
  • Another update. It is now almost two months since my line was migrated from TalkTalk to Plusnet, yet TalkTalk is still sending me normal bills. According to their website, they should have sent me a final bill. Where is it?

I have cancelled my standing order with them so they used my stored bank card details to take a payment to cover my usage for November, despite the fact that my dealings with them ended on 16th October. My bank recovered this charge, which had been taken without my consent. Yesterday they sent me yet another bill. I know that talktalk staff monitor this board, so perhaps they can explain what this payment is for, given that I have not been a customer of theis for some time.
    Does anybody know how I can resolve this situation? I have tried phoning them but got nowhere, then writing to them, only to be told that the issue can only be fixed via a phone call. What a mess!
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Hi grumpos,

I'm so sorry to read that our team haven't been able to assist over the phone. Do you have access to Twitter? You can reach my team directly there (@TalkTalk) and we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Becky - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I do not use twitter but I have just written to you at concerns@talktalkplc, asking you in writing for a second and final time to resolve this situation. As I no longer have a landline please contact me in writing, should you need further information from me. However, according to ofcom there should be no need for any further dicussion with you on my part. If you fail to rectify this situation in a timely manner, I intend to escalate the matter and press for compensation due to the difficulties and stress that I have experienced as a result of your inaction in this matter.
  • gozaimasu
    gozaimasu Posts: 860
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    TalkTalk are one of the worst providers. I switched to them recently and the service is very poor, despite using the exact same cables as the previous provider. So either their router is sub standard or it's something else. Which seems unlikely. There is only one thing that's different. The router.
  • ianto11
    ianto11 Posts: 251
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 December 2019 at 8:42AM
    If you're not already a member, join the TT community forum and post here , the TT customer service guys (OCE's) are excellent. I've always used the forum rather than the traditional CS routes to overseas call centres.

Only problem is the forum is not real time support, so can take a day or 2 ( especially @ weekends ) for them to pick up your post
    HTH

Edit......if you do go down the forum route, ensure your personal profile is complete inc TT landline number, this will enable the guys access to your account details
  • TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi grumpos,

I'm so sorry to read that our team haven't been able to assist over the phone. Do you have access to Twitter? You can reach my team directly there (@TalkTalk) and we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Becky - TalkTalk Social Team

Really!? Contact us on Twitter is the best you can do?
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Really!? Contact us on Twitter is the best you can do?

Yes that sounds very very poor.
  • My first action , when I found that there was a problem with TalkTalk, was to try to register with the TalkTalk forum. However, the forum would not let me register, presumably because I am no longer their customer.
    The problem is not that they are unaware of the situation, as they claim to have looked into it, the problem is that they will not act, or even discuss it with me. Their demand that I contact them via an expensive helpline in order to possibly fix a problem that is completely of their making is unacceptable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure