Anglian Water Single Person Discount

I've been told that if you ring up you water company, you can get a single person discount. One of my friends said he had done It a few years ago, though I'm not sure who his provider was at the time.

Anyone with Anglian Water and know if this is the case?

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,586
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Try ringing Anglian Water or even trawling their website - they are the people who should know.

However if you get a water meter then you'll only pay for the water you use, a bit like gas and leccy
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    They do a LITE tariff, I changed to this last year. Give them a ring as you do have to be assessed and they will tell you after answering some questions if you qualify.
  • Ah okay. I see it says "A discount will be awarded where your bill represents a large proportion of your disposable income." so I'm not sure what % they would class as a large proportion of disposable income.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I've been told that if you ring up you water company, you can get a single person discount. One of my friends said he had done It a few years ago, though I'm not sure who his provider was at the time.

Anyone with Anglian Water and know if this is the case?

A few years ago Anglian had a 'SoLow' tariff that was for those with very low consumption - in essence single people. That tariff was axed to the dismay of many on this forum.

If you apply for a meter and one cannot be fitted, you can go on an 'assessed tariff' and that has a discount for single person households.
  • Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Ah okay. I see it says "A discount will be awarded where your bill represents a large proportion of your disposable income." so I'm not sure what % they would class as a large proportion of disposable income.

If you go onto their website you can fill in the form or there is a 0800 number to ring and they will tell you if you qualify, you do have to give details of what you pay out on other bills etc.
  • It's a new build so it will have a water meter. Shame they axed that SoLow tariff. My consumption would be very little. I'd be away from home with work 3 days a week and I shower at the gym. I'd only be flushing toilets, boiling a kettle, filling a saucepan and having a glass of water really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure