Cost of a 60 seat marquee with dancefloor?

Fiance and I will be tieing the knot in May 2020. It will be modest, no big budget or fancy expectations. Brother has access to a large field outside of Huddersfield where we will host via a marquee. Looking for rough prices and advice from anyone who had a DIY marquee wedding reception. TIA

Comments

• We had a 6m x 18m marquee for our reception (ceremony in a nearby chapel). Massive cost saving compared to a dedicated venue. If memory serves well the structure with lining, lighting, flooring and tables/seating came in under £1500. My sister had hers in Manchester, similar pricing structure, both companies arrived a couple of days before to assemble and the day after to collect, although if you need them a bit longer, I don't think it costs much extra. Hope all goes well for you.

https://www.yorkshiremarqueehire.co.uk/
    https://www.jigmarquees.com/
    Where would we be without tea?
  • Thank you. £1500 is about the ballpark we have, allowing up to £2k for those decorative finishes a bare marquee is sure to need. If your wedding was spring/summer, was a heating generator thing required? My thinking is it will be chilly towards the end of the celebrations with it being an exposed location.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,100
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Senior Ambassador
    One thing to think about perhaps - mobile toilets. I have no idea of cost, but went to an event in a marquee where they had hired a posh trailer containing loos
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • Thanks for the heads up. Ideally I will try to find something a bit more comfortable than a basic portaloo, I bet these have come along way since my festival days.
  • Thank you. £1500 is about the ballpark we have, allowing up to £2k for those decorative finishes a bare marquee is sure to need. If your wedding was spring/summer, was a heating generator thing required? My thinking is it will be chilly towards the end of the celebrations with it being an exposed location.

It was early September and we advised to use an indirect heater as the temperature would drop for the evening, as it is likely to do in May. Had a thermostat, very simple to use and cost around £150.
    Where would we be without tea?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport