MSE News: GB Energy goes bust, 160,000 customers affected

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• facade
    facade Posts: 7,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Went with Scottish Power in the end, amazingly they were the cheapest company I had actually heard of seperate or dual fuel, so I've gone for dual with an extra discount, and I should get £30 cashback.
    Had an account set up email and I've logged in, so it looks as though I'm switching...
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • RavingMad
    Options
    I've just realised that I haven't had last month's bill. Is anyone else in the same boat?
  • KGriff
    KGriff Posts: 185 Forumite
    edited 8 February 2017 at 11:01AM
    Options
    RavingMad,

I initially cancelled my DD when I heard GBEnergy had gone bust, but kept my bill money separate in a savings account.

I didn't get a bill in December 2016, nor did I make any payments that month.

The coop took over, so I reinstated my DD via the GBEnergy website and was billed later in January... just my normal monthly amount, which still meant I was still one month payment short.

The coop sent out an email with BACS instructions (talked about earlier in this thread) allowing customers to catch up with any missed payments. Many (including myself) thought the email was fake and so some declined to pay and catch up via that method.

I decided to BACS just £1 and once I realised the details were correct and the money got safely through to my GBEnergy account, I then sent a further payment via BACS to bring my outstanding balance to zero.

My new DD was paid correctly on the 1st February and put me back in credit with them.

I can also confirm that GBEnergy have just recently billed me again on the 6th February which is my normal billing date.

So for me at least, things appear to have returned to normal and it is as though the company never failed ... Everything is virtually the same as before, except I'm now paying the coop energy company.

My existing GBEnergy dual fuel tariff has remained in place.

GBEnergy website and online account is the same as before and bills and payments are shown online... NOTE: the site does not show the individual BACS payments, but they are 'reflected' in the overall account balance and are shown on the monthly PDF bills that are available to download...

These were the coop BACS details:

Bank Sort Code: 20-53-22
    Account Number: 13019845
    Account Name: The Co-operative Energy (GBES)

The payment also requires you to include your customer reference with the payment to ensure it reaches your account.. the reference begins with 0013876.

The GBEnergy online website is located here https://www.gbenergysupply.co.uk

Hope that helps.
  • facade
    Options
    RavingMad wrote: »
    I've just realised that I haven't had last month's bill. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Yes,

I had this months bill at the weekend, and fell off my perch at the cost, then realised that it was for two months in one. They missed the one before completely.

Still haven't heard anything from GBE about the end of my tariff, or about my switch- got a welcome pack from SP though. Going to calculate exactly how far I an in credit today, and will cancel my DD next week if there is a months credit.
    I can't afford to have them take a DD at the end of the month if SP are taking the same amount at the same time too.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

• GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    May sound condescending but have you tried e mailing them?
    I asked them yesterday about my DD and had a reply later that day that answered my question.
    hope this helps
    :)
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • facade
    Options
    GT60 wrote: »
    May sound condescending but have you tried e mailing them?
    I asked them yesterday about my DD and had a reply later that day that answered my question.
    hope this helps
    :)

Yes, I got an acknowledgement that they had got it and would deal with it within 5 working days of 30 Jan. Maybe they don't work many days a week? :rotfl:

I did just think to check my spam emails, but as per usual, Virgin media are down :o

• sheff6107
    Options
    Left GB months ago and they're still emailing me nonsense. Just got three emails in a minute each saying I'm in debit by a different amount.
  • facade
    Options
    sheff6107 wrote: »
    Left GB months ago and they're still emailing me nonsense. Just got three emails in a minute each saying I'm in debit by a different amount.

I had an email to view my "new" bill on Saturday.

Hooray! I thought, they have my final readings and have cashed up. :D

Nope. There is no "new" bill at all, just last months that I downloaded already on the 6th.

I cancelled my DD, I reckon I have £100 credit taking into account my usage until yesterday.

HSBC said some nonsense about "if the DD happens in the next few days it will go through" Why? Does their computer not work properly or something? If I cancel on the 20th and GBE ask for a DD on the 21st it should just bounce.

Clearly I have no understanding of how computers work :o

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure