Chasing Payments

im currently self employed and i have some customers which are on account , my credit terms are 30 days end of month , unfortunatly a few companies think this means 90 days+, is there a way to enforce the payment terms as we send out reminders , statements , which are often ignored, and i dont have the resources really to be chasing people constantly for money , how long is it acceptable or general consensus for chasing debt and getting solicitors involved , should i be giving companies say 2 weeks after payment is due or 3 what is the general rule ? or is it not enforcable at all and i just have to put up and shut up and hope they pay eventually

Comments

• CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative
    CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative Posts: 287 Organisation Representative
    Hi lanes 1977, thank you for your query regarding chasing payments
    Unfortunately we do nt currently give advice on seeking payment of debts owed to you- only on debts you owe but you can find information on how to issue county court proceedings which does not require a solicitor at www.adviceguide.org.uk.
    Hope this is of assistance.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure