EXPIRED - Wahed Invest - £50 bonus for £100+ investment

karlie88
karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 1 July 2019 at 1:14PM in Savings & investments
EXPIRED

Promotion is back again this year.

Open an account and invest £100+ in order to get £50 back to your bank account. Can withdraw your investment after 180 days.

Link: https://halal.wahedinvest.com/eid

Terms: https://halal.wahedinvest.com/eid_terms

Similar promotion from last year but terms were unclear back then (should have been £50 bonus on £100+ investment but terms stated £50 bonus x 2). Fair play, they did pay out 2 x £50 bonuses in the end.

Link to last year's promo on here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5888931
:grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:

Comments

• katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Really interesting idea, thanks karlie.

Did many people here give this a go? I haven't considered something like this before but £50 should prevent the £100 ending up as a loss as I doubt it would lose £50 in 180 days.
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    katsu wrote: »
    Did many people here give this a go? I haven't considered something like this before but £50 should prevent the £100 ending up as a loss as I doubt it would lose £50 in 180 days.

Did this last year, worked fine. Odd style of communications but not a problem.

The question is will it work again this year for last year's customers? Terms don't say no, they just say "Only one cashback per person will be given" - but that refers, arguably, only to this year's offer.
  • quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 20 June 2019 at 11:36AM
    Thanks.

I've just opened up an account.

Got through all the steps, so it's now just waiting on my £100 to arrive and get invested.

0.99% platform fee and a total cost of 1.8% seems rather steep though!
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • Thanks, I've given it a go.
  • Rheumatoid
    Rheumatoid Posts: 886 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 June 2019 at 4:12PM
    Thanks. worth 10 mins effort. Might even open one for the wife.

EDIT: Wife has one as well - not that she knows :D
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme); 9.6kWh US2000C Pylontech batteries + Solis Inverter installed 12/4/2022 Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:Average over 6 years = 4400 :j
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    katsu wrote: »
    Really interesting idea, thanks karlie.

I don't think many people did last year because there was only 1 day left for the promotion when I posted it and they were relatively new in the UK (more established in the US though). Also terms were unclear but they paid out the bigger amount in the end.

Signed up OH with this offer and a couple of family members have been informed and will be signing up. No hesitation to use them again.

Zanderman wrote: »
    Did this last year, worked fine. Odd style of communications but not a problem.

The question is will it work again this year for last year's customers? Terms don't say no, they just say "Only one cashback per person will be given" - but that refers, arguably, only to this year's offer.

I think term 4 would make existing customers ineligible:
    4. The Cashback bonus applies to accounts opening and funded between Friday, May 31, 2019 00:01 and Sunday 30 June 2019 23:59.

I'm not sure if their systems allow a new online account with the same name/details. Maybe worth a try...

...another workaround I can think of is closing your old account and opening a new account a few days later. :whistle:
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 June 2019 at 3:58PM
    I'm in. This is a nice promotion, thanks for the tip.

I picked the most aggressive investment type, I think this is the benchmark for it that was mentioned on the screen I agreed to without reading it properly.

https://www.msci.com/documents/10199/c0b90e16-5746-4cdc-b033-1ec7da64386e

Has not done badly vs MSCI World tbf. Let's go.
  • gurinder
    gurinder Posts: 67 Forumite
    Are you protected with them, look like a sub-client of https://www.wealthkernel.com/ with no investment business/strategy of their own?
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 June 2019 at 9:00PM
    Thanks Karlie - it might only be £50 each but it's an easy signup process, not much capital tied up and a relatively short lock-in period. Worth mentioning they offer General Investment Accounts for those of us with S&S ISAs elsewhere.

I have posted the T&Cs below as they may become inaccessible after the signup window. It looks like the account needs to be funded by the 30th which might mean the bank transfer needs to complete. They advised during signup this could take 3-5 days.

Alex
    Eid £50 Cashback Bonus Terms & Conditions

Wahed Invest Ltd. (“Wahed”) Cashback Bonus Promotion (the “Promotion”) Terms and Conditions:

Subject to these Terms and Conditions you may be eligible to receive a cashback.

1. This Promotion is open to residents of the UK only.

2. This Promotion is not open to employees of Wahed.

3. Only one cashback per person will be given.

4. The Cashback bonus applies to accounts opening and funded between Friday, May 31, 2019 00:01 and Sunday 30 June 2019 23:59.

5. The account must be successfully opened and funded with at least £100.00.

6. When the funds have been invested into your account, no withdrawals must be made for the first 180 calendar days.

7. After 30 days from the date of the funds being invested, Wahed will arrange to transfer the £50 to your nominated bank account within 30 working days.

8. The Cashback is inclusive of all taxes and bank transfer fee. Where this Cashback payment constitutes a taxable benefit, all tax liability lies with the recipient.

9. Wahed reserves the right to audit all Cashbacks to ensure that the terms and conditions of the Promotion have been met and to request additional information regarding any and all claims and supporting documents.

10. Wahed decisions in respect of all aspects of the Promotion will be final and binding.

11. Wahed reserves the right to amend or cancel the terms of this Promotion immediately with notice: (a) if circumstances outside Wahed’s reasonable control, including technical issues, prevent the Promotion from running as anticipated; (b) in the event of false information being provided by participants; (c) if a change of law prevents the Promotion from running as anticipated; or (d) for any reason at any time. Notice will be provided by Wahed displaying the updated terms and conditions on the Promotion website at halal.wahedinvest.com/EID.

12. You agree that Wahed and all of its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by you for any injuries, losses or costs or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from your participation in this Promotion.

13. We will have no liability to you for any breach of these terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident. Wahed is not responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the participant from or otherwise obstructs him/her in participating in the Promotion.

14. This Promotion and any claim arising out of or in connection with this Promotion (including non- contractual disputes and claims) will be: (a) governed by English law; and (b) subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.

15. The Promoter is Wahed Invest Ltd., Wahed Invest 50 Liverpool Street, London, EC2M 7PR.
  • Thanks for this guys. All signed up for 3 months! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure