PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• kraftykat
    kraftykat Posts: 435 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    Beef & veg curry done in the slow cooker for us tonight.
  • kraftykat
    kraftykat Posts: 435 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    kerri_gt wrote: »

I also have several jars of honey and mustard chicken tonight from before OH turned veggie. We tried it ages ago with quorn pieces but it just wasn't nice. Any suggestions of what I could use with the sauce which is veggie friendly.

Could you use them with thinly sliced potatoes and make a potato bake or dauphinois type of thing?
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Just thrown together a hearty beef stew in red wine. Lots of veg ( more veg then meat tbh ) and I'm going to make herby dumplings

I've actually been cold all day today, which is so not like me, so I want comfort food
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Welcome MrsPear lovely to have you join us
    kraftykat wrote: »
    Could you use them with thinly sliced potatoes and make a potato bake or dauphinois type of thing?

Ohh, good idea. I'm going to use one jar with the wild boar and apple sausages (the ones I thought were venison but aren't :rotfl:) which I found in the freezer. However, I still have 3 jars left to use (yes bulk bought thinking they were a bargain :o) so the could deff be another option.
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Just thrown together a hearty beef stew in red wine. Lots of veg ( more veg then meat tbh ) and I'm going to make herby dumplings

I've actually been cold all day today, which is so not like me, so I want comfort food

I've been cold all day too - ended up making a hot water bottle.

Pasta scoffed here, I grilled a slice of streaky bacon from a packet I have open with mine, OH finished some spicy cheese on his and I had some normal grated cheese on mine.

Not sure about tomorrow as yet. OH finishes work early so might come in and pick beforehand. However we are virtually out of bread, need more pasta (only have the little shapes left) and a few other bits so choices could become limited until I shop.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Tonight is Turkish liver soup/casserole.
    Recreated from a visit many years ago in a small place that had no menu, just a load of ready cooked dishes that you pointed at to order.

Served with thickly sliced tiger bread and proper butter to dip in the tomato & chilli based sauce.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Halloumi, tomato and courgette bake with Greek pitta bread.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Made some houmous, but my stick blender is broken so used the liquidiser. It was like a cream by the time it was served, but was nice tasting. With turkey and feta meatballs, couscous, greek salad, halloumi, green salad leaves and pitta breads. Leftovers are packed ready for work lunch tomorrow.
  • Homemade carrot soup for lunch with chicken for me and a sandwich/toast for He Who Knows and supper this evening will be something with mine as he fancies either a chilli or curry and will decide today.
  • Chilli con carne tonight, with brown rice for me and/or jacket spuds for the others.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Date Night tonight :kisses2:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family