Fraudulent investments?

Comments

• Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 November 2018 at 12:29PM
    That was generous of them to promise a higher rate of interest out of their no money.

AccountingWorx and Jade State Wealth are the same company.
    Jade State Wealth Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary and operating brand / company of Accounting Worx Limited, registration number 05977454.

Insolvency administration should be carried out by a firm that is completely independent of the insolvent firm's own accountants and advisers, to ensure there is no conflict of interest.

*edit*

To illustrate why this is important: let's suppose, entirely hypothetically, that Munio Capital had made payments that it should not have made. These misallocated payments would eventually have contributed to the inability of the company to pay its investors. Since AccountingWorx/Jade State Wealth/whatever they want to call themselves are Munio's payment processors, these payments would have gone through them.

How can Jade State Wealth/AccountingWorx be expected to fully investigate such payments, and pursue recovery of the funds, when they were partially responsible for them, and would (as payment processors don't work for free) have taken a cut?

I am not saying that any such payments were made; I am illustrating why when a company goes bust, the administration process should be carried out by qualified insolvency practitioners who are completely independent of it.
  • Hi Malthusian, thanks for your input. It looks like this is going to be a long road for me. I will post again if I make any progress.
  • SeaPrince1
    SeaPrince1 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 7 November 2018 at 9:46PM
    Hi, Graham Vodden. I'm in a similar position to you with regard to Munio. You've mentioned contacting the Police about this Fraud. Have you done so and has there been any progress in the matter? I have had no contact from Munio since March but have discovered today on BOND REVIEW that the company is being dissolved on 16th December. This is illegal without informing investors. The following is part of a reply I received from Bond Review today (7/11/18):

"They won't be dissolved until 16 December, two months after the notice of the dissolution was published. The dissolution may be suspended if you or other creditors object.

Not informing you is a criminal offence punishable by a fine, and if it can be proved that you were not informed "with the intention of concealing the making of the application from the person concerned", a prison sentence as well. (Companies Act section 1005.)"
  • Hi Malthusian, please see my latest post to Graham Vodden above.
  • Hi, just a quick update. I have raised an objection to the dissolution with companies house, this morning. I await their reply
  • My mother lost a fortune with Munio so I have done a bit of research & the Director Gary Williamson is also a Director of
    Green IS Group Ltd
    GIS Forestry Ltd
    Green IS Projects Ltd
    GIS Clean Bond Ltd
    Green IS holding company PLC
    They sell Forestry in Brazil
    The other Director on some of the above Companies is Guy Conroy his former Company was
    Oxigen Investments PLC
    Oxigen Ltd
    Oxigen Forestry Ltd
    Oxigen plantations Ltd
    Green forestry management Ltd
    Bond supermarket Ltd
    and many more companies !
    Many investors lost millions do some research yourself the Forestry Company has 80 Million Pounds worth of Assets probably from Munio Capital !
  • webjaved
    webjaved Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    My mother lost a fortune with Munio so I have done a bit of research & the Director Gary Williamson is also a Director of
    Green IS Group Ltd
    GIS Forestry Ltd
    Green IS Projects Ltd
    GIS Clean Bond Ltd
    Green IS holding company PLC
    They sell Forestry in Brazil
    The other Director on some of the above Companies is Guy Conroy his former Company was
    Oxigen Investments PLC
    Oxigen Ltd
    Oxigen Forestry Ltd
    Oxigen plantations Ltd
    Green forestry management Ltd
    Bond supermarket Ltd
    and many more companies !
    Many investors lost millions do some research yourself the Forestry Company has 80 Million Pounds worth of Assets probably from Munio Capital !

Blimey! He has his hands and feet dipped in everywhere!
    Save £12k in 2019 #154 - £14,826.60/£12k
    Save £12k in 2020 #128 - £4,155.62/£10k
  • Malthusian

Munio Capital only took in £812,500, at least if its accounts are to be believed.
  • Hello M Elliott,
    Sorry I have not contact you ,I have had computer problems and log in problems to
    this site. Sorry but I have not had any news on our Munio problem .The last letter from
    Gary Williamson dated 28 -3- 18 said that Munio undertaking and exploring all avenues
    open to us in order to resolve this issue.We will endeavour to update you with all material developments and keep working tirelessly to resolve this pertinent issues.
  • Malthusian
    If it is true that Munio Capital invested its investors' money in Privilege, there are no avenues to explore other than waiting for the Privilege administration to conclude. It looks highly likely that recoveries will be minimal or nil. https://bondreview.co.uk/2019/04/30/privilege-wealth-administrators-file-update-no-further-recoveries-but-sioux-indian-payday-loans-have-a-value/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure