Technical help needef

Hi
I'm having an interesting time at the moment .
I would be v greatful for some advice.

I have s Motorola android phone.
Iv been getting followed, intimidated by the same group of people for some time now. Not all the time but enough to be frustrating.
would anyone out there be an expert in tracking people by their phone and how they do this?
I'm not rich or involved in anything criminal so l don't see it would be inspector Morse.

I got onto the helpline with who I have the contract with last night and I did not have the usual set up on my phone and after a long process..l have a guest user on my account that I never put in place.
The only two people who have touched my phone are my ex when we where together and a lad in Tesco mobile shop.
So if I go into guest user and then come out I can then delete, disable that guest users ability...didn't do this yet as..
Will this delete anything else that on my system because I've deleted there capabilities.
Also how can l find out who it is before l try and exclude them

Isn't life a ball eh:(

Thanks

Iv experienced clicking and hissing, sounds of buttons being pressed and hearing men talking and then sometimes my calls get cut off

Iv also had this on my landline as well.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Why are you posting on a web forum about this?
    Surely this is a police matter if you're being stalked?

Wouldn't the easiest solution just be to reset the mobile to phone to factory so anything that these others have done to it would be wiped out? Okay the data would go but surely the piece of mind is worth more?

As to the landline, that could be a technical fault with crossed lines, take it up with BT or whoever you're with.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2019 at 9:08AM
    As above factory reset the phone to wipe all .

Post history shows more going on than just a phone .
  • RaggyDolls
    RaggyDolls Posts: 22 Forumite
    I will do a factory reset.

I genuinely have been to the police but logging the stuff l have hasn't made any difference.
    I'm just trying to do the best l can in an odd situation. l don't understand what's going on..maybe pm not very bright but l genuinely don't understand all of this. Or maybe being the person in the middle of it all you can't see the overal picture.
    I'm just doing the best l can every day.

And posting on here and asking advice is a way of getting practical advice.
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Factory reset and disable the location setting on your phone.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    RaggyDolls wrote: »
    I will do a factory reset.

I genuinely have been to the police but logging the stuff l have hasn't made any difference.

And posting on here and asking advice is a way of getting practical advice.

There is a difference between getting practical advice and using what is already available to you in what sounds like a more serious situation. Don't think that it "hasn't made any difference" you giving details to the police, because what will usually happen is a case is being built behind the scenes, we can't just arrest and bang somebody up just because you or PC Smith "think" they're up to no good, it has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law.

Looking at the posting history I would strongly suggest if you haven't given all those details you've posted to the police for your case then you do so now. You might have a case for computer misuse and harassment as well looking at a previous post.

But yes in the short term, completely reset the phone, don't use location services and DON'T log into the Play Store account you're using now - create a new one instead with a new alias/username. You don't have to use it for email or anything, it'll be fine just to get onto the Play Store.
  • RaggyDolls
    I didn't even know l was logged in to the play store account. I will look at that.

Thanks
  • RaggyDolls
    I have done the reset on my phone,
    For months Iv had a fuzzy hissing sound, echoing. Also clicking at the beginning of calls.
    Iv had calls cut off in the middle of conversations. Iv had certain friend ask me what's wrong with my phone as they only have odd sounds and echoing when they call me.
    Completely clear since though. But technically will that last if you have the same number.?
    Do I need a new sim card?

Also beforehand I had a guest user. Could someone do that remotely.
    The reason I ask is that I found a button switched on that would allow remote access to my phone. I looked this upon the Microsoft website. By having this hidden facility switched on.Someone could get into parts of your phone that only programmers would understand.

My next check is my landline. I have recently had calls cut off. Also last week dialled a number, it went into ringing,then engaged, then dead tone and then nothing.
    Iv called BT and they have done a line check..which turned out ok.
    So I'm going to look at the outside of the box and where the line connects to the road pole thingy.

Also could some one still use a scanner on a landline? And can you pick up mobile phone frequency bandwidths on a scanner or if you where party to a broad range of serious rf equipment and certain aerials? Or if you where a surveillance company would you have access to equipment.
    If someone could answer that in plain English it would be v helpful in forwarding my current investigation into what on earth this is all about.

Iv been back to the police and the lady on the call was polite and helpful as much as she could be.
    Im logging it all now for my records.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,219 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Is your landline handset one with a fixed cord or is it a portable type?

Fixed cord no way of intercepting unless from exchange, box in street, or up a phone pole. All of which is unlikely unless HMG spooks are involved

Portable, possible
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    <The reason I ask is that I found a button switched on that would allow remote access to my phone.>>

This really makes very little sense at all .

<Someone could get into parts of your phone that only programmers would understand.>

This makes no sense either .
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    RaggyDolls wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm having an interesting time at the moment .
    I would be v greatful for some advice.

I have s Motorola android phone.
    Iv been getting followed, intimidated by the same group of people for some time now. Not all the time but enough to be frustrating.
    would anyone out there be an expert in tracking people by their phone and how they do this?
    I'm not rich or involved in anything criminal so l don't see it would be inspector Morse.

I got onto the helpline with who I have the contract with last night and I did not have the usual set up on my phone and after a long process..l have a guest user on my account that I never put in place.
    The only two people who have touched my phone are my ex when we where together and a lad in Tesco mobile shop.
    So if I go into guest user and then come out I can then delete, disable that guest users ability...didn't do this yet as..
    Will this delete anything else that on my system because I've deleted there capabilities.
    Also how can l find out who it is before l try and exclude them

Isn't life a ball eh:(

Thanks

Iv experienced clicking and hissing, sounds of buttons being pressed and hearing men talking and then sometimes my calls get cut off

Iv also had this on my landline as well.

Guest user is a standard feature of Motorola phones (in fact on many Android phones).

You can deactivate the Guest user profile if you feel the need.

https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015681047-How-to-Enable-or-Disable-the-Guest-User-on-a-Motorola-Phone
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport