Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dormouse
    • By Dormouse 18th Sep 12, 6:34 PM
    • 5,573Posts
    • 13,301Thanks
    Dormouse
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt
    • 18th Sep 12, 6:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt 18th Sep 12 at 6:34 PM
    Introduction by Martin

This thread is all about products which let you try me for free. A huge amount of work goes into it by a range of volunteers, led and collated by Dormouse. Thanks to all for all the hard work. Enough from me... onto Dormouse for the real info.

What is a try me free product?

The products listed on this thread have short lived a Try Me Free (TMF) or Money Back Guarantee promotion, meaning you pay for the product but later receive the money back (usually as a cheque, Postal Orders or cash). Sometimes you get postage paid for as well.

It is essential that you buy the product and send off your claim before the closing date. TMF products usually have a bright flash on the packaging, something along the lines of "Try me free" (very imaginative ). Sometimes you'll see them on the shelf with TMF-less products and you have to make sure you pick up the flashed product in order to enter.

Read the Terms and Conditions PROPERLY!!

Each TMF promotion has its own terms & conditions, which are always printed on the packaging (in annoyingly small print). Follow it to the letter - they are usually very strict!

You almost always have to send them the original receipt, and very often a brief statement of what you liked/disliked about the product.

TMFs are always (or maybe 99.999999% - anyone remember the cheese one a couple of years ago?) one per household, so you can only get money back for one product. If you've another address (parents, in-laws, friends, even work maybe) you can often legitimately buy more than one, just buy them separately and with separate receipts (and make sure no-one at the other address is a compulsive TMFer too ).

Sometimes, companies think of completely bizarre things to ask... you might have to cut bits off the packaging, send a certain-sized bit of paper, only in black ink, whatever, follow it closely!

How long does it take to get paid?

You are supposed to receive your refund within 28 days usually, but this varies a tremendous amount. Anything between 4 days and 2 months is normal.

Here is a list of all the current TMFs:
    Please report any new ones you find by clicking reply

Most offers require a special pack; for ones that don't, let's attempt to post the address here (just click reply)

All offers are one per household. Only 2nd class postage will be refunded, where mentioned. Remember to circle your purchase on the receipt.

I'll keep updating this post as new offers appear.

Happy hunting!

ON-GOING TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS (no closing date):

O'Keeffe's hand or feet creams - MBG - no closing date
    details HERE (click on 100% Money Back Guarantee)

The Breath Company products -
    100% Money-Back Guarantee - no closing date
    If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us for a prompt and courteous refund or replacement.

Details HERE

Stocked by Boots/Superdrug and Amazon etc.

If you purchased a "The Breath Company" product, simply return the unused portion to us by mail to the address below. Please make sure you include your full name, order date, and copy of the UK store receipt with your order to receive full credit. The purchase price of the products will be refunded or replacement products will be sent.

Hill's Ideal Balance
    Dog or Cat food - MBG - no closing date (?)
    You can also get a £5 money-off voucher by registering on their website HERE

Note: not a postal promotion - you have to take the actual product back to the store:

"We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, which is a guarantee of quality, consistency and taste. If a pet refuses to eat one of our products or it does not meet our usual high quality standards, the opened bag (or unused cans) and remaining food may be returned to the retailer for replacement (or refund)."

Miracle Gro Patch Magic
    - MBG - no closing date
    details here
    Dulux Once paint: money back guarantee.
    If the paint doesn't do what it says on the tin i.e. cover in one coat, then they give you your money back.
    You have to ring the number on the side of the paint and then the people ask you what colour you bought and what colour you were painting over, you then get a reference number which you have to write on the top of your receipt and send it to Dulux (they give you the address on the phone).

Colgate® ProClinical®electric toothbrush - 30 Day Challenge - no closing date?
    Try the Colgate® ProClinical® electric toothbrush for 30 days from date of purchase. If you are not satisfied with this product, return the product within 45 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price (shipping and handling excluded). You must return the product in its original box with all contents: handle, refill brush heads, charger, travel case (if applicable), together with the original cash register receipt showing this product was purchased in the United Kingdom. Please allow 6-8 weeks for handling. Please contact Colgate Consumer Affairs Centre, 00-800-321-321-32.
    Pai Skincare - 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee - no closing date

details HERE

CURRENT TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS

Fol Epi cheese - TMF - closes 15/06/17
    Waitrose only

Claim within 28 days

Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise - MBG - closes 30/06/17

Claim online or via post

All details HERE

Aveeno After Shower Mist -
    "Love it or your money back!" - closes30/06/17 but buy before 31/12/16
    See www.aveeno.co.uk/moneyback for claim form and full T&C
    Lights by Tena - "Feel Fresh or It's Free" - closes 28/07/2017
    details HERE

Listerine® Total Care and Listerine® Total Care Zero;
    250ml, 500ml and 1L variants - "21 day challenge" - closes 31/07/17 but buy before 30/06/17
    Details here

Coupon here

One bottle cap required
    Canespro Fungal Nail Treatment Set - MBG - closes 31/07/2017 but buy between 20/07/2016 and 20/06/2017
    1. Purchase one promotional pack of Canespro Fungal Nail Treatment Set between 20/07/2016 and 20/06/2017 - Packs can be purchased in Tesco, Asda, Waitrose, Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, Rowlands, Co-Op, Day Lewis, Sainsbury's ,Wilko, Morrisons, Ocado, Amazon and Independent Pharmacies while stock lasts.
    2. Within 7 days of purchase date shown on the till receipt, participants must visit www.canespromoneyback.co.uk to register their participation in the Money Back Guarantee offer and watch the instructional video. All details requested on the Register page must be completed and a photo of their till receipt and their fungal nail must be uploaded at the same time.

Birds Eye Hello Morning! products
    (frozen pancakes and waffles) - TMF - closes 31/08/17
    Promotional pack needed
    Kingsmill Super Toasty - "Best Ever Toast or Your Money Back" - closes 30/09/2017 but buy before 23/09/2017
    promotional pack needed

details HERE

Hedrin
    products - MBG - buy between 01/06/2016 and 31/12/19. Claim by 31/12/19
    Products included: Once Spray Gel (60ml or 100ml), Hedrin Once Liquid Gel (100ml or 250ml), Hedrin Treat & Go Mousse (100ml), Hedrin Treat & Go Spray (60ml) or Hedrin Treat & Go Lotion (250ml)

Details HERE
    Thanks to all the contributors

This is a continuation of the earlier incarnations of the thread here and here
    Last edited by Dormouse; 14-06-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Page 216
    • Freebie_Freak
    • By Freebie_Freak 4th Apr 19, 8:01 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 759 Thanks
    Freebie_Freak
    Crave
    Has anyone successfully received a refund for their purchase of Crave cat food? It says to allow 6 weeks for receipt of same. TIA
    • Jammygal
    • By Jammygal 5th Apr 19, 7:04 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,175 Thanks
    Jammygal
    I’m still waiting too - guess they are needing the full 6 weeks
    • bananapocket70
    • By bananapocket70 7th Apr 19, 1:48 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    bananapocket70
    Has anyone else had problems uploading their Crave dog food receipt? When I try to upload it just comes back to "take photo/photo library". Getting rather frustrated to say the least.
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 7th Apr 19, 2:40 PM
    • 1,237 Posts
    • 2,405 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Has anyone else had problems uploading their Crave dog food receipt? When I try to upload it just comes back to "take photo/photo library". Getting rather frustrated to say the least.
    Originally posted by bananapocket70
    Have you checked that the size of your photo isn't too big? I'm finding that I'm having to reduce the size of my photos for all my TMF applications nowadays using the Paint function on my laptop down to about 500 pixels and then they go through.
    • bananapocket70
    • By bananapocket70 7th Apr 19, 2:55 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    bananapocket70
    Not sure how to do that m1kjm, but thanks for the advice. I've not had any problems before with any other promotion (using smartphone and iPad). Although it's the only item on the receipt, I did try folding it in half and uploading the two halves, but still no joy. I'll give it a go on my desktop.
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 7th Apr 19, 2:59 PM
    • 1,237 Posts
    • 2,405 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Not sure how to do that m1kjm, but thanks for the advice. I've not had any problems before with any other promotion (using smartphone and iPad). Although it's the only item on the receipt, I did try folding it in half and uploading the two halves, but still no joy. I'll give it a go on my desktop.
    Seriously, it's easy enough and if I can manage it anyone can:

Open Paint on your laptop.
    Open the photo in Paint.
    Click on resize.
    Click on pixels.
    Enter 500 pixels.
    Click OK
    Save the photo on your laptop.
    Then upload that photo to the application.
    Last edited by m1kjm; 07-04-2019 at 3:23 PM.
    • bananapocket70
    • By bananapocket70 7th Apr 19, 3:20 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    bananapocket70
    Seriously, it's easy enough and if I can manage it anyone can:

Open Paint on your laptop.
    Open the photo in Paint.
    Click on resize.
    Click on pixels.
    Enter 500 pixels.
    Click OK
    Save the photo on your laptop.
    Then upload that photo the application.
    Originally posted by m1kjm
    I'll give it a go! Failing that I'll get my daughter (or more likely one of the grandkids) to do it for me. Thanks again.
    • Pemberton01
    • By Pemberton01 17th Apr 19, 1:43 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 522 Thanks
    Pemberton01
    Cravendale 2 litre milk
    Picked up a Cravendale 2 litre milk from Waitrose this morning with a Try Me Free tag. Promotional period 15/4/19 - 1/6/19, claim online at www.cravendale.co.uk by 22/6/19. Full details at www.cravendale.co.uk/trymefree. The tag on the carton has a unique code to enter when claiming.
    • Couponkid
    • By Couponkid 24th Apr 19, 4:42 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Couponkid
    Crave pet food
    I’m still waiting on my refund and it’s been 7 weeks has anyone else been paid or still waiting ??
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 24th Apr 19, 4:44 PM
    • 1,237 Posts
    • 2,405 Thanks
    m1kjm
    I’m still waiting on my refund and it’s been 7 weeks has anyone else been paid or still waiting ??
    Originally posted by Couponkid
    I've done it 8 times so far and the 6 eldest have been paid. They process the claims in batches.
    • gigi
    • By gigi 28th Apr 19, 7:21 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    gigi
    I'll give it a go! Failing that I'll get my daughter (or more likely one of the grandkids) to do it for me. Thanks again.
    I had this problem on internet explorer even after re-sizing on Paint.
    I tried a different browser and it worked!
    • Jammygal
    • By Jammygal 29th Apr 19, 4:34 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 2,175 Thanks
    Jammygal
    Originally posted by Couponkid
    I’m still waiting too - will give it another week or so
    • fatboy77
    • By fatboy77 10th May 19, 8:57 AM
    • 242 Posts
    • 1,975 Thanks
    fatboy77
    Savse Smoothie

https://savse.com/love/

Purchase period: 22 April - 31 July 2019
    Claim period: 22 April - 14 August 2019

(postage cost is NOT refunded)
    • 20400keith
    • By 20400keith 15th May 19, 9:49 AM
    • 225 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    20400keith
    Spontex Microfibre Cloths
    I've a vague recollection that this has been posted before but I've searched and can't find it - decided it's better to post twice than not at all!

Spontex Microfibre Cloths - offer closes 31/12/2019

I found a promotional pack in Tesco.

https://trymeloveme.spontex.co.uk/
    • Freebie_Freak
    • By Freebie_Freak 29th May 19, 11:27 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 759 Thanks
    Freebie_Freak
    Splenda
    Does anyone know how long the Splenda MBG refunds are taking please? Sent mine 6 weeks ago and still waiting. TIA.
    • bigboystephen
    • By bigboystephen 12th Jun 19, 10:17 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    bigboystephen
    I have seen 100% satisfaction guarantee on cillit bang 100 % limescale remover
    but I can not find any details
    • Discodee
    • By Discodee 10th Jul 19, 12:32 AM
    • 1,931 Posts
    • 2,959 Thanks
    Discodee
    No try me frees about?
    Haven't seen any for ages!
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
    • InA
    • By InA 11th Jul 19, 6:54 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    InA
    No try me frees about?
    Originally posted by Discodee
    I think nowadays they probably use cashback sites like Shopmium or Checkoutsmart to get consumers to try / buy new products for free (rather than having TMF packs). I had noticed that some of the TMFs submitted electronically were fulfilled by Shopmium anyway. It's certainly a lot less hassle than sending receipts in the post.

For those who aren't familiar with these sites, a quick summary and overview of typical offers:

Checkoutsmart have occasional free product offers (although there's a payout threshold of £5, and a 5% fee for payouts less than £20). Simply take a photo of your receipt and submit via the app or the via the desktop website. Payouts need to be requested and payment is received via paypal.

https://www.checkoutsmart.com/deals

Note: Quidco's clicksnap is run by the same company, and they tend to duplicate offers on both sites. You cannot submit the same receipt to both sites. Quidco only has a £1 payout threshold and is fee-free, but does not have as many freebies as Checkoutsmart.

Example:

Maltsmiths 600 ml bottle of lager is currently "free" if purchased in Sainsburys, Asda or Morrisons.

Ugly triple berry sparkling water 330ml is currently "free" if purchased in Sainsburys.

Ugly lemon and lime sparkling water 330ml is currently "free" if purchased in Sainsburys.

Gunna Original ginger & aromatic 330ml is currently "free" if purchased in Coop.

Shopmium seems to have at least one free product offer available at all times. Payout is automatic, via paypal, fee-free, and it pays for each claim individually - so there is no wait until you reach a threshold. Simply take a photo of the receipt, scan the barcode from the product and submit. You need to download an app in order to submit receipts and therefore you need a compatible device.

https://offers.shopmium.com/uk

Example:

Arla Goodness 1% Milk (2L) is currently free.

Vita Coco Coconut Milk is currently free if purchased in Sainsburys.

Doisy & Dam Maple, Toasted Rice & Pink Salt Chocolate (25g) OR Doisy & Dam Crunchy Almond Butter Chocolate (25g) is currently free if purchased in Sainsburys.

There are other good deals available (not quite free) on both sites. Also, as the products are typically new launches, sometimes they can be hard to find because they are not stocked in all supermarkets.

Obviously these offers are only available for short time frames, unlike traditional TMFs, however the offers are more frequent.
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 11th Jul 19, 7:58 PM
    • 1,237 Posts
    • 2,405 Thanks
    m1kjm
    No try me frees about?
    Originally posted by Discodee
    I think it's got a lot to do with the site shutting down the Elite thread so the Elite don't post on this site so much any more. Instead the Elite have decamped to their own site where they post TMF offers so if you want to join them and see the current TMF offers I'm sure they would be very glad to see you:
    http://elitemoneysaving.co.uk/thread/2/elite-thread-exile?page=881
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 18th Jul 19, 5:48 PM
    • 13,976 Posts
    • 11,005 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Hoping for £5 back from Crave Cat food

https://www.cravepetfood.co.uk/Offers/Mbg-Offer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

101Posts Today

1,489Users online

Martin's Twitter