Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 3forholidays
    • By 3forholidays 24th Dec 18, 6:09 PM
    • 1,316Posts
    • 13,858Thanks
    3forholidays
    * Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread
    • 24th Dec 18, 6:09 PM
    * Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread 24th Dec 18 at 6:09 PM

Hello and welcome to the 8th Christmas Chatter Thread.

Itís hard to believe that another year has gone and we are almost at the big event that we have spent so long planning and preparing for! But this thread is about so much more than Christmas but about the whole year with all the ups and downs, as well as the bits in between.

NOTE - For all new people please don't lurk, but come and join in with all the chatter. We are all a little mad (about Christmas!), but not dangerous.

The following posts will be made up of all the links saved from last year with new ones added as we go.
    This will hopefully make it easier in October/November when we are all looking for them.

Please let me know if any become out of date or if you would like your birthday added to the list

Thanks to all posters on the previous threads Ė the thread is only a success because of your contributions!

So on that note it is over to you and roll on Christmas 2019!

Our Birthdays

JANUARY
    Newthrift 18th
    Clumsy42 28th

FEBRUARY
    murie 24th
    junior_j 25th

MARCH
    vulpix 12th

APRIL
    quidsy 23rd
    princesskitty29 29th

MAY
    pixtotts 4th
    Opee92 13th
    Girl in a Yellow Dress 21st

JUNE
    Nic2075 1st
    04624181 13th
    dropsofjupiter 22nd
    msgigglewick 23rd

JULY
    mrs-moneypenny 17th
    Hanley25 19th

AUGUST
    Treasurequeen 12th
    patentgirl 30th

SEPTEMBER
    Spendless 28th
    whitesatin 28th

OCTOBER
    freespirit66 1st

NOVEMBER
    Peppapig 1st
    mrsinvisable 7th
    pinknfluffy28 28th

DECEMBER
    FeistyFidget 14th
    3forholidays 15th
    CHRISSYG 25th !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 3forholidays; 24-12-2018 at 6:34 PM. Reason: tidying up
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 SPC 11 - £975 SPC 12 - £705 (so far - as at 16/06/19)
Page 17
    • vulpix
    • By vulpix 1st Jul 19, 1:40 PM
    • 947 Posts
    • 16,738 Thanks
    vulpix
    Hi Sammy K nice to see you back. The thing about this thread is we feel like real friends. I missed everyone when I didn't post for ages,but it propper perked me up just to read along.As I am retired now and live in the sticks with ropey health I love to hear all about everyones families.13 people to buy for is a massive reduction from what you had. Most people here are saying the same that they are cutting back on the gift front.

Jose,no help from me I'm affraid.I am not an internet shopper. Many people here are though.Christmas things will start to sneak in the shops from September and I love it! Even if I don't buy anything I just love a browse in somewhere like the Range in their Christmas department.

PK,Hi,nice to see you.

We go away in the early hours of Friday.The total of money we have made is £3,027. That will pay for the holiday for the 3 of us and hopefully pay the fence man too.He is coming tomorrow to replace a couple of panels with a different type of fence that A. matches the rest of the fence and B. lets the wind through so it doesn't blow down .

My son has another new girlfriend.Good job I hadn't bought the last one a personal gift! He seems extremely taken with this one,she might last till Christmas!

Love to all Vx
    Last edited by vulpix; 01-07-2019 at 1:42 PM.
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 2nd Jul 19, 11:21 AM
    • 2,641 Posts
    • 36,069 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Afternoon everyone, hope everyone is ok. I went away for the weekend with DD1 and we ended up at East Midlands Designer Village, I got a Superdry Hoodie for DD2 partner for Christmas, so I have only got Thumper to buy for now and I will be finished, itís been a good year for bargains this year.

SAMMYKAYE hi nice to see you back

VULPIX I wanted to say have a fantastic holiday and well done on all the selling! Sorry to hear that your SIL has taken a turn for the worse x

MRSINVISIBLE oh bless your DGS he must have felt a right plonker, my kids still tease me about falling out a swimming pool back in 2003 😂

JOSECHUNGDOOMSDAY I will keep an eye out for Christmas mugs and tea towels, while Iím browsing

NIC hope you and kids have a wicked holiday

PRINCESSKITTY hello
    CURRENTLY READING Trisha Ashley - A Good Heart is hard to find
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2019 £0.00
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2019- £160.00
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • 123june
    • By 123june 2nd Jul 19, 3:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    123june
    Hi everyone x i`v been a " lurker" on this site for quite some time but never posted before . I would like to say how much iv enjoyed the Christmas threads over the years and have picked up some great tips here . I love planning for Christmas and buy presents for the festive season whenever i see them as i hate shopping in December . This month i will start buying a tin / jar towards Christmas every time i order from Mr T. it soon adds up and is a massive help when the big day arrives . Anyway i would like to join in hope that`s ok . P.s. i`m sat watching a Christmas film on Sky Xmas in July haha
    • princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 2nd Jul 19, 7:23 PM
    • 927 Posts
    • 12,513 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    04624181 Thank you for thinking of me a while back, weíre all good thank you. When is your operation?

vulpix, Treasurequeen and mrsinvisible Iím so sorry to hear all of your sad news, there are no words for things like this, Iím just sending you all my love and wish you lots of strength.

Hello to newbies and welcome back to some familiar names! Good to Ďseeí you again.

Iíve managed to catch up, itís nice to read about everyoneís holiday plans and Christmas! Iíve got a few more ideas for Christmas presents so have been thinking about Christmas a bit more recently. Iíve had so much going on since I last posted properly; my birthday, DHís birthday, Fatherís Day, Squeakís 2nd birthday, I did a 26 mile hike for Macmillan, various fundraising events with the PTA and weíre now planning Wiggleís 5th birthday. I canít believe heís going to be 5 and has nearly finished his first year at school! Weíre doing a big disco party for him in a hall and have invited his whole class. Weíve been to quite a few parties like that since he started and we thought weíll do a big one this year then keep it to closer friends in the future. He is so excited bless him and is forever talking about it! Iím a bit nervous about it as Iím worried people might not be around as itís in the summer holidays (August), but we shall see.

Iíve picked up my cross stitch again today, itís a picture I am doing for my auntie, I couldnít get it done before last Christmas so want to get it done for this Christmas. It went off the boil for a while as Iíve been so busy but it was lovely to do a bit today so must keep it up.
    • Peppapig
    • By Peppapig 2nd Jul 19, 9:38 PM
    • 1,308 Posts
    • 17,542 Thanks
    Peppapig
    Welcome back SAMMYKAYE, itís been a while. Glad things are looking up for you now. Iím still trying to cut down - not overly successfully so far but itís my fault really because I do love pressie buying.

Welcome to the thread 123JUNE. Nice to have you fully on board.

Welcome too JOSE. I havenít seen any recently but Iíll keep a lookout. Of course when I do see some Iíll have forgotten who wanted them but Iíll post anyway. I start to feel the Christmas spirit in July too - I blame QVC and their Christmas in July although the last few years their Christmas offerings have been a let down.

Nice to see you PK. Life is so busy when youíve got little ones isnít it. When I look back now I canít think how I used to fit it all in.

Nothing festive here at the moment but DD2 could go into labour any time so Iím on standby to dash off and collect DGD. Although sheís not due until 15th theyíre going to induce her next Tuesday if she hasnít had him by then as sheís carrying too much fluid. I foresee some Ďmy first Christmasí things falling into my shopping basket.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year .....
    • Treasurequeen
    • By Treasurequeen 3rd Jul 19, 2:57 PM
    • 422 Posts
    • 4,671 Thanks
    Treasurequeen
    Its so good to hear from you SAMMYKAYE and welcome back.
    Welcome to the newbies,

So far i have:
    Gran: earrings, candles (Finished)
    brother: shower gel, stress ball, shave balm
    dad: slippers, shower gel,
    mum: book,

still have to get something for: my aunt and uncle, grandad, pets, stockings and main gifts for parents. i usually have some ideas but got nothing.

who else thinks this year is flying by so quickly.

xx
    2019 Frugal Living Challenge
    £2 saver club #21 £40.00/£250
    • princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 4th Jul 19, 12:41 PM
    • 927 Posts
    • 12,513 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    Peppa Iím like you, I find it hard to cut down as I like present buying too much! I really enjoy it. I donít buy any old tat, I do buy things I genuinely know people will like/use but I probably buy too much! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for your DD2. Funnily enough I saw a really cute little ĎBabyís 1st Christmasí reindeer rattle in the Next sale online yesterday!

Treasurequeen oh this year is whizzing by! Iím really emotional at the moment as Wiggle has almost finished his first year at school and I canít believe it.

Squeak is having a nap, I know Iíve got 101 things to do but I just want to sit and do my cross stitch with a cup of tea so I might indulge myself just this once, it is for Christmas after all!
    • 123june
    • By 123june 4th Jul 19, 3:24 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    123june
    Did anyone buy the Jack Wills Mug and socks gift set from boots between Sept 18 and Feb 19 ? There`s been a product recall on them ( base cracking and separating when boiling water is poured in them ) If you have any of these tucked away in your xmas pile return to store for a refund . I had a letter through from boots informing me this morning so thought i should let everyone know . x
    • sammy_kaye18
    • By sammy_kaye18 5th Jul 19, 10:23 AM
    • 3,076 Posts
    • 19,362 Thanks
    sammy_kaye18
    FREE - congrats on yoru bargains. It has been a good year for bargains this year!

PEPPA = Thanks lovely. It is hard to cut down but I have cut out unnecessary gifts this year and its making life easier.
    Congrats on your impending little grand baby! Do you know what the sex is?

TREASURE - Thanks Lovely. You look to be doing well on your shopping too. I think I will be doing stockings or bags for my mother and sister this year - thankfully they like the same things so it should be fairly easy! This year is going by so quick - I feel like I blinked in January and I was at my sisters birthday in March. Its 'Baby Hollys' birthday next week! and she will be 9!

123June - welcome! These boards have a fab bunch of people on it and will always be very welcoming.

Had a shocker the other day when I logged in.......I joined these boards when I was 19 and had just had my son......well Im 34 now........that little boy turned 15 last month and the baby and pregnancy that I was helped through by these boards when I was severely anaemic = well she turns 9 next week! Where does the time go?

Anyway back to Christmas. I haven't done much. I have been busy working on the garden. I think next year I will make a real effort with trying to grow some things now that all the brambles and stinging nettles are gone.
    Ben has given me a list of shoes he would like for Xmas and they are about £60 each! so he will be getting one pair and a game at the rate hes going.
    Meanwhile I have the opposite problem with Holly. She doesn't tell me anything. She must be the only child I know who wants a skull and unicorn themed bedroom!
    Finally sorting myself out.
    Debts - £2022.18 owed. 8 lenders.
    • princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 8th Jul 19, 12:19 PM
    • 927 Posts
    • 12,513 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    123june I didnít buy one but thanks for letting us know as many of us on here do tuck presents away!

sammy time really does fly doesnít it?! I joined this forum when I found this Christmas thread about 6/7 years ago Ė since then Iíve bought a house, got married and had two children! I canít quite believe it.

I bought Wiggle a Christmas present the other day, last year he really loved watching Aliens Love Panta Claus and he still enjoys it now so I bought him the book. Weíre in planning mode for his big 5th birthday disco at the moment so once weíve done that Iíll start to really focus on Christmas. Although I say that, but we really want to start getting some decorating done in the house so I need to focus on that too or we wonít get anything done! One exciting plan we have is to put a fireplace in the living room, I really love fireplaces and Iím even more excited about the idea of decorating it at Christmas!
    • 123june
    • By 123june 10th Jul 19, 1:48 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    123june
    123june I didnít buy one but thanks for letting us know as many of us on here do tuck presents away!

sammy time really does fly doesnít it?! I joined this forum when I found this Christmas thread about 6/7 years ago Ė since then Iíve bought a house, got married and had two children! I canít quite believe it.

I bought Wiggle a Christmas present the other day, last year he really loved watching Aliens Love Panta Claus and he still enjoys it now so I bought him the book. Weíre in planning mode for his big 5th birthday disco at the moment so once weíve done that Iíll start to really focus on Christmas. Although I say that, but we really want to start getting some decorating done in the house so I need to focus on that too or we wonít get anything done! One exciting plan we have is to put a fireplace in the living room, I really love fireplaces and Iím even more excited about the idea of decorating it at Christmas!
    Originally posted by princesskitty29
    That`s such a good idea x a real fire would be lovely for Christmas and the winter in general . You`ll be able to snuggle down with a lovely hot chocie or a adult beverage if you wish I`v started buying a couple of tins / jars a week towards my xmas stash , started with tinned corned beef and salmon as they keep for ages . I always find it a mega help come December and my stash normally lasts through January and February which are horrible months . Nice to have a delve in the box and find a nice treat x
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 13th Jul 19, 9:25 AM
    • 20,540 Posts
    • 34,295 Thanks
    Spendless
    Hi, I'm an infrequent poster on here just having a bit of a catch up. I'll struggle more with the younger members for suggestions as the youngest in our family is my 16yo daughter.

I will share who I need to buy for and budgets maybe people here might have suggestions?

Mum (52 posh likes high quality unusual things) £20 - Try TX Maxx, really good for one off items and band names
    Mum's BF (49? has a beard, likes beer, computer games & woodwork) £5 -Either the bottles of beer you find in supermarkets, or you might find some surplus stock of Father's day gifts right now in places like poundland, think I saw a beer cooler the other day, or many places to things for beards like in the cheaper chemists such as superdrug or savers or even in the toiletry section of home bargains or b&m
    FIL (82 gardening, books) £15 - Books at the works? Gardening bits from poundland
    MIL (79 housebound, disabled, watches tv all day, perpetual dieter) £15 Book of nom? I'm sure I've seen this on offer in Waterstones and Asda
    Niece (20 at uni) £5-10I've got a Uni student son, if I had to sum up the typical student I'd say 'skint and likes alcohol'. I'd either go with booze or a gift card for the cinema/coffee shop, both will make their loan stretch further.
    Nephew (17 into video games not a lot else) £5-10 eek, I have no idea. 17 is that age when they're too old for certain stuff and too young for others. What else is he doing eg attending college, on an apprenticeship, maybe you can think of something that is practical for his journey to from work/college for example
    Step dad & wife (they say not to buy anything, but buy for my son so like to get something token £5) Box of biscuits, chocolates, bottle of wine
    Dad & step mum (starbucks gift) That's simple enough, either in starbucks itself or Boots and Debenhams do starbucks ranges when they get their Christmas stock out
    Niece ( loves barbies, unicorns, fairies 5 going on 15) £10
    Best friends children 12 Girl, 6 boy, 2 girl £10 max each
    Nan (76 lost grandad recently, alone, loves dogs, tv, chocolate BUT lives 200 miles away and anything has to be posted) £10 incl postage
    Son will be 7, has ASD and other disabilities. will have a budget half of what he normally he has as we are struggling so approx £100 which NEEDS to be 10 presents. One thing I am going to do will be a chocolate box - a shoe box or similar filled with his own little stash. I've spent £19.99 on one PS4 game already. I am trying to convince him to ask for surprises lol he gets very caught up and when he writes a wish list he thinks it's an "i'm going to get list" I've spent a lot of time trying to explain otherwise and also trying to explain value so 1 big thing means nothing else but he simply does not understand - "at christmas i get 10 presents from mummy and daddy" anyone who knows asd kids should understand this one. But I'm not so worried about that figure as i can always wrap a toothbrush or what have you.
    Husband 53 - £15 no hobbies or interests impossible!
    Originally posted by chirpychick
    Does your husband shave? I've recomemded this before on here for the hard to buy for male and has the added advantage of making blades last longer so money saving.

https://www.shaving-shack.com/razorpit.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwgqbpBRAREiwAF046JdJpnO i2WBdilQIkifq1HMk-9Bvt_I0L1m6pBuTdwi_Mea4SgYtHrxoC0wwQAvD_BwE

I am stumped for the rest though.
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 13th Jul 19, 10:12 AM
    • 20,540 Posts
    • 34,295 Thanks
    Spendless
    Just having a teeny catch up. Think I last posted on here just before last Christmas when we'd been going thru a bad time with daughter and school. Things went from bad to worse and then I'd like to say before getting better, but more accurately I need to say then a plan was put in place which just about 'held things together'. Thankfully she has now finished school and is looking forward to starting college in September.

My workplace closed down at the end of December and I haven't worked since. I both needed to be at home to support daughter through a tough time and wasn't in a good enough mental health state myself to take on a new job due to what was going on.

My wages, though fortunate enough to not be needed for the mortgage and bills are used for the 'extras' (such as Chrismas presents!) and without them we've had to dig into savings quite a bit.

Daughter is very much into brand names, thank heavens for TK Maxx and summer sales. If it was Chrstmas tomorrow I would have enough for her, though she'd be the only one.

As it is she has coming her way

a valentino handbag (£35 TK Maxx)

Guess purse (£10 in sale)

Emporio Armani leggings (£25 sale in shop on hol)

Build a bear teddy - £7.50, no extras the cheapest in the shop in a sale

The latter was bought because she bought a Build a bear from a local carboot for £1, and lived to regret giving it to the dog as a snuggle toy instead of keeping it for herself.

I've also picked up extras for stockings as and when I've seen them such as Garnier hair mask was on offer recently in Boots, Ted Baker bodywash when Boots reduced to clear as the range was being re-branded. An Aussie dry shampoo in a fragrance we don't see here was bought on hol. There was Aussie winter shampoo and conditioner in Home Bargains recently, it's only £2 a bottle, probably because it's summer but by the time I'm giving it, it's name will be appropriate.

My family is top heavy with elderly people. Daughter at 16 is the youngest in it. We stopped buying for S-I-L and B-I-L last year at their request. We stopped buying for my sister some years ago. My son was 19 earlier this year and sis stopped buying for him at that point. This means this Christmas is the last time I buy for my twin 18yo Neice and Nephew. Neice is working f-time and earning more than I was! Nephew is a diff matter as he's only just finished A levels and hasn't got into University for September, so not sure what he'll be doing by Christmastime. Though we are still buying for adult Neice on husband's side, this is something I'd like to stop but family dynamics mean it will be better off doing in a couple of years when she and my 2 all hit significant milestone birthdays in the same year.
    • mrsinvisible
    • By mrsinvisible 14th Jul 19, 6:16 AM
    • 1,304 Posts
    • 13,552 Thanks
    mrsinvisible
    hello returners and newbies, always good to see you on here. Sorry you DD had a poor last year in school Spendless, but good that you were able to be 'there for' her, (even if it meant spending savings).
    DGS has now left school officially, and guess how he chose to celebrate it? no? He got down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend. Seriously, 16 years old and 3 years of college ahead of them both!!!.
    Have been busy jam and chutney making with lovely gifted gooseberries and rhubarb, chillies and spring onions.
    They, well, one of each, will be festively presented to my SIL and her lovely husband, along with sloe gin and damson vodka, and maybe a small Christmas cake if l get time.
    Sad news is that my faveCos had to have their dog put to sleep, after he had a catastrophic accident just playing ball.
    Garden is looking good with all the flowers in the sun, but l need to clean the patio paving and weed between the cracks. Thank goodness for long handled tools. Hope the sun is shining for us all this weekend.xx
    • nic2075
    • By nic2075 14th Jul 19, 6:47 AM
    • 2,823 Posts
    • 18,016 Thanks
    nic2075
    Hi, nice to see so many famialiar names back posting and welcome to any new posters.

I got back on Monday from our trip to Normandy. We had an absolute blast. Our accommodation was right next to the pool/water park, so the kids just went back and forwards. The town was beautiful, very old and quaint. Right on some beautiful sandy beaches.
    We did one WW2 day and visited Pegasus bridge and Juno beach.
    We are hooked and now looking at another Eurocamp for next year. Thinking Lake Garda in Italy.
    But my daughter has also been asked by her dance teacher to go to Canada next July for a big dance competition. Itís on every year and DD has always wanted to go. But funds donít allow it. But her teacher thinks she should experience it at least once and has offered to take her. We will do lots of fundraising to help, but Iím still worried about saving and the costs. I really struggled to save for the holiday just gone.
    DD will be 14 by then, so is limited in how much she can earn and contribute. anyway, thatís something to give me stress and anxiety for the next year
    • Peppapig
    • By Peppapig 14th Jul 19, 7:21 AM
    • 1,308 Posts
    • 17,542 Thanks
    Peppapig
    Good to see you back SPENDLESS. I remember your poor DD was having a very difficult time and itís disappointing to say the least that it wasnít put right. A clean start at college will hopefully signal the start of a much happier time for her. Iím a great believer in fate so maybe your old job had to end to allow you the room to give DD the support she needed and this will be the start of a new work life for you too.

NIC glad the holiday was all you hoped and more. That will be so exciting for DD if you can send her to the competition in Canada. Iím rubbish at fundraising ideas but I bet there will be plenty of help on here if you need inspiration.

Crumbs MRSINVIS 16 is certainly very young. Hopefully itíll be a very long engagement so theyíve got time either to work on a proper adult relationship before they commit themselves further or realise itís not what they really want. Iím assuming she said yes of course. Thatís very sad news for fave cous, I hope sheís ok.

Good news here, latest (and hopefully final) grandchild has arrived! DD2 was taken in to be induced on Tuesday morning as baby was big and she was carrying too much fluid. After various interventions she finally gave birth in the early hours of Friday morning and our gorgeous new DGS arrived weighing a hefty 9lb 10ozs. His big sister is very excited (thereís nine years between them) as is DD1 who canít wait to meet him and is very envious that Iíve already had cuddles.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year .....
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 14th Jul 19, 8:48 AM
    • 20,540 Posts
    • 34,295 Thanks
    Spendless
    mrsinvisible - I don't know whether to react or to your Grandson's news. What did their parents say? I swear kids when one problem is over (like school) they find another one to stress their family over. At one point last year when daughter seemed settled she then acquired ans unsuitable boyfriend (18, she was 15, he wasn't working or in college, stank of weed). He ended up dumping her for another girl, who is now pregnant to him, think we dodged a bullet there! Poor dog, how sad.

nic - At 14 unfortunately there are not many jobs that your daughter can do. There are so many employment regulations surrounding them, right up until they stop being what's called CSA (compulsory school age) which is until the last Friday in June when they're in yr11. She's pretty much restricted to a paper round, unless there are any odd jobs she can do for neighbours etc. Daughter has a 'holiday' job feeding a neighbour's cat when they're away. He pays her well for it (£50 for a fortnight once!) but it's infrequent work. Are the dance school going to do fund-raising to reduce the cost? Could all or part of it be Xmas/birthday present from you/other family members? Does it run every year, is it something she could do another time giving longer to save? Daughter does drama, it's what she's going to study at college, but on the times we've dipped our toes (pardon the pun!) into the dance world the prices are incredibly extortionate. (character shoes for a production of Chicago recently for example, she was in the chorus at the very back, I'm just glad I didn't pay for heels that were a further £20 and I'm glad we already owned the leotard!)

Peppa - Thank you, yes releived it's all over. You could offer me all the money in the world and if the stipulation was I had to live these last 12 months again, I wouldn't take it.

I love this thread that you can dip in and out over months and years and you're welcomed back as though you've never been gone
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 14th Jul 19, 11:06 AM
    • 20,540 Posts
    • 34,295 Thanks
    Spendless
    I forgot to say Mr S spent yesterday at Silverstone - work connected freebie.

As he was a corporate guest of Ferrari, he got a goody bag at the end. In the bag was a cap, his second one as they'd sent one with his ticket the day before, but the ultimate freebie was a pair of rayban sunglasses. They were no good for Mr S who needs prescription glasses, so insisted on giving them to my Dad, who does love holidays and the sun.

I would have liked to have saved them and given them as a Christmas present to Dad instead, but I couldn't persuade DH to do so. I sort of see his point, Dad was oblivious to the brand until it was shown to him that they retail upto £200, so we could hardly have given him a pressie, announced how much it cost and then tell him how we'd got it, but if I had found a way I would have liked to and then I could have put all their budget into Mum's present and got her a branded handbag (probably from TK Maxx) - hey, ho
    • CazD2008
    • By CazD2008 14th Jul 19, 9:10 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 4,218 Thanks
    CazD2008
    Hi All,

Itís been a while so thought Iíd check in and say Hi!

PEPPAPIG - Congratulations on your new DGS!

Iíve had a rollercoaster 12-18m tbh! I had a miscarriage in May 2018 then my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in June 2018. Thankfully he has been through his radiotherapy and hormone treatment and we are just waiting to see how his PSA levels balance out.

We put an offer in on our dream house (in dream village) in Aug 2018 then it took until March 2019 to finally go though. It was a bit touch and go at the time as the lady we were purchasing from split up from her partner, so needed to downsize and find somewhere else...argh! But we are all in now and things are finally settling down, so I can look forward to Christmas in our new home this year! Along with focusing on trying to conceive again (I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which causes me no end of problems!)

How are you all?

XxX
    • Redredrobin
    • By Redredrobin 15th Jul 19, 8:41 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Redredrobin
    Hi ,

I not actually a new member just an old one with a new username ! Looking forward to joining in with all the Christmas chatter again .
    Last edited by Redredrobin; 15-07-2019 at 9:12 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

104Posts Today

1,396Users online

Martin's Twitter