The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fiscal Fast

Comments

• TM6
    TM6 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    JackieO wrote: »
    TM6 no slinking off Mrs you are doing very well and we are all allowed a day off now and again ,climb back on the wagon and set off again :)

I am going in to London tomorrow with my DD for the day and I have lots of Christmas and birthday vouchers to spend and I will spend them :)on treats and things I fancy I shall buy myself some nice Jo Malone stuff in the Oxford Street shop and will enjoy the whole shopping day with DD as its our annual treat and I won't feel in the least guilty as its a treat day out .

Today I shall be doing a small shop for food as next week I am away on holiday so don't need a great dela at all just a few odds and ends

Onwards and upwards honey

JackieO xxx

You're post was SO funny Jackie O, yes I must start getting back on track :o

I hope you have a wonderful day in London and we will look forward to all your news on spending ;)
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    Fiscal Fast Day 80

I had hoped to have a NSD but whilst shopping with my lady, I was stood at the Tesco fresh meat counter and they had the most gorgeous whole shoulder of lamb priced at £3.67 a kilo. It was very quickly snapped up and put in the freezer!
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    edited 6 April 2018 at 5:38AM
    Fiscal Fast Day 81

:o The entertainment budget is well and truly blown :o

Another meal out with family. I have spent more in the past week on going out than I have probably done in the past 6 months. Time to get a grip!
  • TM6
    A work day but also a spend day but thankfully not too high.

I was very pleased to pick up some Evening Primrose Oil tabs RTC at Boots for a £1 and I also bought some RTC Easter eggs for my DD2 and DD3.

The hemorrhaging of money is starting to slow down :D
  • TM6
    Fiscal Fast Day 83

Our family have returned home now and we especially miss our DD2.

A LSD today just picking up a few bits for DD3 journey home

We just need to get back into a NON spending routine.
  • TM6
    Fiscal Fast Day 84

An absolutely awesome day in terms of buying to re-sell on ebay.

Whilst I am trying to save as much as possible by not spending, I am also trying to buy items to make a profit.

I LOVE going to car boot sales, table top sales, auctions and charity shops....it is a real passion and hobby of mine.

Today was one of the best table top sales we have ever been to, not many stalls but the quality of what they were selling for small amounts of money was incredible. :j We just need to photo and list all the items now (that's the boring bit!)

There was a real community atmosphere at the sale too as it was held in our artisan street which was closed off so not only were we able to stroll around at leisure looking at the tables but the shops were open too.
    It was held in aid of 3 local charities and there was live music too....we certainly know how to have a good time down here in Cornwall :D
  • TM6
    Fiscal Fast Day 85

I am so very pleased with how quickly that we have been able to get back on track with our Fiscal Fast which proves that this is going to be a financial lifestyle change rather than a quick fix diet.

A visit to 2 branches of Bookers was rewarded with some AMAZING RTCs. I have two favourites, a 1kg of tuna mayonnaise and sweetcorn sandwich filling for 49p and 2 packs of boneless chicken thigh meat, 5 kg in each pack reduced to £6.99 per pack but because we bought 2 packs a special offer still kicked in and we got £1 off each pack. Result!

We also visited Poundland and Home Bargains but we only bought what we had on our shopping list, We are at the stage where we know what is in our inventory, what we have run out of or very close to. Also knowing what brand we like and from what shop means that we are making the most of our spending.

A think today was a milestone as it showed us very clearly how far we have come :D
  • TM6
    Fiscal Fast Day 86

A super LSD - just 52p on RTC stir fry and a gorgeous present for our Granddaughters when they come to visit :D
  • TM6
    Fiscal Fast Day 87

It's been a while but today was (fanfare please) a NSD :j

It feels SO good!
  • TM6
    Fiscal Fast Day 88

Our first car boot sale of the season as many had to be cancelled due to the amount of rain we have had done here.

A few bits to sell on ebay which need to be listed asap. We really do need a focused listing day :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure