Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• A_Couple_In_Love
    A_Couple_In_Love Posts: 651 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2013 at 10:50PM
    Question: New to quidco, could anyone explain how I transfer my cashback to my paypal/bank account? Can I choose to pay manually if it is automatic payments.
  • Hi, I've just joined quidco so I could use the quidco check in app to earn some change.. but i'm a bit confused.. i've registered but there wasn't anywhere to put in my bank card details.. so can I just start checking in without it? i'm guessing a total adds up and you click yourself to redeem it rather than it being automatic? if that makes sense.. can I start using the app and checking in at stores without quidco having my bank details yet?

I've seen a lot about the site over the years and thought it was about time I gave it a go :)
  • susancoat
    susancoat Posts: 15 Forumite
    Well as predicted AA have turned down my quidco payment which I knew they would as it has happened to other people. I am just glad i did not wait the 6 months they would have taken to tell me that by which time I would have renewed my insurance with them. I am
    still paying by dd for this insurance and my quidco tracked after I made the purchase so why have they refused this? They are now refusing to answer any emails I send them.

I know quidco say no cashback is guaranteed but surely if a company often refuses even though the purchase has tracked then they should remove the company from quidco. As far as I am concerned the AA got my business under false pretences and I will most certainly NOT be renewing my insurance with them or recommending them.
  • Greengiant
    Greengiant Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi there!

Quidco are fantastic! Any time i'm purchasing something i check whether they are listed on there!

They sometimes have exclusive discount codes too!

I think you have to be careful sometimes though because if you use any other codes or you go away from the link page it doesn't track and then you have problems getting paid.

When i've been on it, as long as you open the page through Quidco your sale will track and you'll get paid.

Sometimes retailers have on that you can't use it in conjunction with any other offer etc so be careful which is more cost effective :)
  • dixiemoo
    dixiemoo Posts: 22 Forumite
    susancoat wrote: »
    Well as predicted AA have turned down my quidco payment which I knew they would as it has happened to other people. I am just glad i did not wait the 6 months they would have taken to tell me that by which time I would have renewed my insurance with them. I am
    still paying by dd for this insurance and my quidco tracked after I made the purchase so why have they refused this? They are now refusing to answer any emails I send them.

I know quidco say no cashback is guaranteed but surely if a company often refuses even though the purchase has tracked then they should remove the company from quidco. As far as I am concerned the AA got my business under false pretences and I will most certainly NOT be renewing my insurance with them or recommending them.
    If you based your decision to purchase on the cashback, you should raise a formal complaint with the AA and ask for the cashback as promised by them. If they refuse, tell them you'll go to the FOS (this will cost them a £500 case fee).
  • LunaLady
    LunaLady Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    I recently purchased three separate items from Tesco Direct, one of which was cancelled.

Now all three of my cashback amounts are showing as declined. Why is this?
    SPC #1813
    Addicted to collecting Nectar Points!! :D
  • susancoat
    susancoat Posts: 15 Forumite
    Thanks dixiemoo, as AA are ignoring my emails have taken your advice and am contacting the Financial Ombudsman about this.
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everybody,

I hope you've all had a nice weekend and a pleasant start to the week, I will answer your questions below.

@kat3 I’m really glad you hear that you’re making the best out of cashback, but I’m sorry to hear about the problems you had with eflorist. I can’t comment on their facebook page as I don’t have anything to do their posts or content, they are a page by themselves, but I know that members who have had queries managed to get through to them via email. I’m afraid that’s all I can suggest at the moment.

@A_Couple_In_Love We send out your confirmed cashback every Thursdsay in our payment runs. If you want to have it save up for a little while then can I suggest setting a minimum payment? I have mine set to £50 so that it’s a nice treat when I get a lump sum. You can change your minimum payment here.

@themstarrynights You can check in, make purchases and download vouchers without having your bank details or Paypal account added, but when it comes that you do want to add them to get your cashback sent out to you, please add them at this link on a computer. For security, we don’t allow this to be done via the app.

@susancoat We monitor our retailers very closely and will always check the amounts of declines they have. If a retailer is found to be declining cashback too often, or for reasons that are not acceptable, we take them off the site and perform an investigation. Please be assured that if action is needed, it will be taken.

@Greengiant We’re really glad to hear you’re happy and using the site so often! It really pays to check out the deals because you never know what savings could be made :)

@LunaLady Sometimes when you cancel one item in an order, it can cause the whole order to be declined, but if you raise a claim for the items that you have kept, we should be able to chase this up.

Thank you to everyone, I’ll be back soon to answer more of your questions.

Leanne :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • I got an insurance quote from Direct Line today, through Quidco. Having saved the quote, if I go back in to retrieve it via Quidco, will cashback be honoured? It was £50, so a decisive factor.
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I got an insurance quote from Direct Line today, through Quidco. Having saved the quote, if I go back in to retrieve it via Quidco, will cashback be honoured? It was £50, so a decisive factor.

Hi eileenfromplaistow,

We would recommend creating a new quote as otherwise the cashback may be declined and obviously we do not want this to happen.

Thanks,

Leanne :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback