What small DFW things will you do w/c 9th July?

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hope you're ok BB - be kind to yourself. I know what it's like giving yourself a really hard time, but you need some rest and relaxation yourself.
    I have had a long and tiring day at work today - it's definitely too close to the end of term for my liking. The kids are up the wall, and I can't be bothered much either. I accidentally opened my big mouth and put my foot in it as well so I'm trying to lie low until it blows over and someone else is top billing. Should only take a day or two...
    Other than that - I've taken naughty tortie to the vet for her jabs (prepaid), had a nsd, eaten according to my meal plan and made a start on budgeting. It still stresses me out to think about it but I can't hide from it for ever.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Be gentle on yourself. Sometimes the big win is taking a step back and slowing down :)

:A Thank you, this made me cry, in a good way.
    Hope you're ok BB - be kind to yourself. I know what it's like giving yourself a really hard time, but you need some rest and relaxation yourself.

:A Thank you for finding time for me, especially as your own life is full on at present.
    I have no idea what I am doing to do. I have no motivation to do anything :(

I need to put a plan in place so at least I feel I have accomplished something.

Today's plan
    Meal plan Done
    Write shopping list Done
    Go shopping and stick to the list Done
    HE children for free Done

I know there will be more, just not feeling the love for anything today.

We managed a 3 week meal plan which I'm happy about.

Whilst shopping I mainly stuck to the list, the only extra things I bought were things I had planned to write on the list like washing up sponges, frustratingly I thought I had.

When I returned home with shopping, I put it all away - this is a biggy for me as all I really want to do is sit down and let it put itself away.

Dried washing outside

Emailed OH some suggestions of additional categories to add to our spreadsheet so we can better track our spends.

I checked the catalogue of the wholesaler we use for the price of a couple of things we regularly buy to see if it would work out better value, some things yes.

All meals from stores.
    Soak a batch of porridge.
    Packed tomorrows snack bag.
    Renewed library loans.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, I'm feeling a tiny bit better than earlier. I have arranged to see my friend later in the week, which I am greatly looking forward to.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hope you feel better this morning Baileys Babe :(

Not much planned today, but sometimes that works out better... we will see!

Check banks and update spreadsheet
    Clean another room / floor - probably main bathroom today, as the black and white tiles on the floor show every speck of dust :(
    Need a couple of items of shopping
    Go to sales unit and tidy up /see what restocking needed, if any!
    Feed tomatoes and other veg in pots
    Water anything else that needs it
    Food from home, though meal planning has failed and I have no idea what we are going to have for dinner :o It will definitely be something we already have in though!
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 July 2018 at 3:11PM
    Morning folks!

BB - hope you're feeling better today x I'm glad you mentioned washing up sponges cos I need them too!

Hooray for clouds! Much cooler today!

Normal list for me:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • charge phone in work - done
    • OH to do housework
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Water garden
    • Get some new walking sandals as mine are a: breaking and b: stink
    • No cafe spends as sandal shopping!
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi Tuesday Penny-wranglers,
    An NSD for me as am too busy to go anywhere! Another day working on our low-budget kitchen makeover. Painting all done, new blind up, kitchen cupboards pristine....you would not believe how clean I got them using leftover Wilko's lemon anti-bac wipes! I don't usually buy wipes as not v environmentally friendly but having bought them to clean mucky stereo, I wanted to use them up sensibly. Today I've cleaned the wall tiles & everything on work surface. Next is renovating kitchen bin as it's a big item to send to landfill (as mr f would like to do!) & I reckon some ancient metal cleaner will bring it up nicely. Then I must move onto the floor tiles & mix up a witchy paste to remove effluoressence from the cement grouting.
    Finally I can then get some stuff put back. Has been v low budget. Will break down costs & spend-dodges on my DFW diary when it's all finished. Mr f has promised to clean the oven.
    Apart from that, have done 2 Prolific surveys & will keep the faith with meal plan & making packed lunch. Mr f asking for mini cucumbers to be added to his packed lunch. Great idea as I've just picked the 27th one! Variety is 'Nimrod'......seems reliable & productive. Have also utilised a stash of clean on one side A4 scrap paper to print off several docs required for charity board meeting tomorrow.
    Ok, coffee break over, let's hit the bin cleaning.....I know how to live the dream, don't I?
    Love to all,
    F x
    Oh, & BB.....we all sometimes have a day where we have to accept we're not going to be on full productivity. Cherish yourself on such days. They are often a sign that our well-being has dropped to the bottom of the 'To do' list. My remedy is often a soak in the bath, face pack, paint my toenails a sexy colour, a film or tuck up on the sofa with a cafetiere all to myself & a good book. Nobody can be Wonderwoman all the time xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Bit the bullet and removed the remaining £500 OD limit on my current account. First the first time in 20 years I no longer have an overdraft facility
    August 2011 - Total Debts - £47,352.12
    November 2018 - Total Debts - £0:beer:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Gawd I feel rough this afternoon - didn't sleep well last night at all and was awake before my alarm worrying about money. Think that is going to be the recurring theme of the next few months.
    However, I have also done a couple of positive things:
    Made a PAD to my CC with the money that I got from recycling my old mobile phone :D
    Have also cashed out on TCB so I can pay that to the card as well.
    Agreed to a final, final 45 exam papers to mark which will earn me over £150 then I really am done.
    Load of washing in before I left for work this morning.
    Bargain load of cat food ordered from z00plus
    Need to do an emergency shop for ds some school trousers. It won't wait until September and unfortunately navy is not the easiest of colours to get hold of.
    Meals for tonight planned without any extra cost.
  • Bit the bullet and removed the remaining £500 OD limit on my current account. First the first time in 20 years I no longer have an overdraft facility

Congratulations!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    Hi July-Penny-Jailers,

Busy day today.

I go back to work tomorrow after a month-off.

This list will grow as I do stuff.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise. Done. Settled on a 3 hour hike from home. 0p.

* Sell an old laptop for sale on eBay. Done. Monies given to DW to pay pff my car.

* Briefly visit supermarket. Done. Got 6 grapefruits for 10p. Turned 5 into juice.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and ideas for looking after myself.

Earlier I spent 20 minutes in my room reading my book. It was peaceful, cooler than elsewhere and only 1 interruption.

Today I have:
    Dusted the whole house
    Taken the children to 2 prepaid HE groups
    NSD
    Taken snacks & drinks with us
    HE children for free
    Stuck to the meal plan
    All food & drink from stores
    Cleaned a unit in the dining room & a mirror with water and reusable cloths
    Received some outstanding rewards for a survey
    RM survey
    Entered a couple of free competitions