New Post/Continuous Service

Options
I've worked for the same company for 21 years. On the 9th I started a new post which means I now work 2 x 12.5 hrs (not 25hrs) and I received a contract for the new post which had the following dates under Period of Continuous Service:

(a) Statutory Employment Protection, Redundancy Selection and Notice to Terminate Employment - 9th April 2018

(b) Sickness Pay, Maternity Leave and Annual Leave - 1st September 2015

(c) Redundancy Payments - 9th April 2018

The 1st September date is when we were taken over by a different company though technically it is classed as the same employer. I questioned that particular date and they admitted it was wrong and changed it to 1997 which is when I first started working for them.

My question is, should the other dates for (a) and (c) have been altered to 1997 as well or are they correct in leaving them as my start date for the new post?

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    All 3 dates should show continuous employment, in my opinion! And I cannot see any reason whatsoever why (b) should have been changed in isolation...........
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure