PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 February 2018 at 11:03AM
    Options
    Welcome back SGT. :wave:

Jojo, the only way I could reset my body clock to accepting going to bed and getting a good night's sleep at a reasonable hour was to reset it gradually. I was used to turning the light out at anywhere between 1.00 and 2.00 am every night, but by doing three to five nights of strictly 1.00 am at the lastest, then 12.30 am, then midnight, then 11.30 pm, then 11.00 I discovered my personal sleep pattern was that it needed to be 11.30 pm. If I do that I wake up before the alarm and I feel pretty good most of the day. (Late nights at weekends aren't helpful.) I also seem to need a lot more sleep in the winter which I can only assume is to do with getting enough daylight. I recently slipped back into bad old habits and the result was absolutely disastrous. It's been a long time since I've felt that ill and dispressed, and spent every evening out with friends yawning. Not good.

Good luck with the house-hunting FBO.

Everything tidied away and ready for the day. How come having spent hours yesterday cleaning there are dust bunnies (basically Kelpie's hair) everywhere I look? I know it wasn't spotless, but Come ON. Oven pans from last night are still unwashed on the sundeck so I'll deal with them when I do the lunchtime washing up.

Froggie minutes almost completed, then I'm hoping the dog trainer with the secure field will allow Kelpie and I to go and practice a bit of his recall and target training. That'll completely knacker him for a couple of days.
    Better is good enough.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doing really well .... just got these things to do but am out for a coffee first

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 2
    Clear sides and wipe down
    Wipe kettle and other small appliances
    Empty toaster and wipe crumb tray

Level 3
    Give fridge a proper clean out - wash shelves etc and wipe down the door strips.
    Sweep and mop floor

Extras

MAD half hour - post yours!
    HHI
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :wave: FBO (glad you're feeling so much better and hope you get your new home soon) and :hello: SGT.

Progress so far:
    - Clear sills and wipe
    - Clean Windows
    - Empty bin x5 and leave manky one soaking in bleach
    - Clear sides and wipe down
    - Wipe kettle and other small appliances
    - Empty toaster and wipe crumb tray
    - Check fridge and fruit bowl for anything that needs using or flinging.
    - Wipe down cupboard fronts
    - Give fridge a proper clean out - wash shelves etc and wipe down the door strips.

Also started to write shopping list for later - we have enough food for a half-decent lunch :D

Must work on my essay for a couple of hours now - MAD half-hour x 4, then it will be lunchtime! (Like Rosie, I think I'm food-oriented...)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello Fly Ladies :wave:

I've just been lurking for the past few weeks and doing some halfhearted flying. Hoping to get back into it this week.
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    I'm back in this week and boy does the house need it. Been to paid stuff this morning so now to start. Laundry (wash, dry, iron and put away, I will not allow an ironing mountain to develop) and vacuuming floors.

Also need to shop

That will probably be enough as today is the first day for 3 weeks I have felt human, still coughing loads but not exhausted when I get up so hopefully and over this virus.

Off to get a load in WM so see you later
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 February 2018 at 2:49PM
    Options
    Greetings fellow Flyers; and welcome to newbies/returners.:wave:

I'm sort of in - just doing as much as I can manage, when I can manage it this week, as The Nasty Cold Bug is trying to get me.
    Valli wrote: »
    Honey Bear I feel your anger, and sympathise. I hate having wet washing draped about. Find out about your nearest laundrette; opening times, what coins to take, cost of service wash or self service, and print out directions to get there;).
    HB I agree with Valli - hand 'em info on local laundrettes along with their invoice/other paperwork. You could even include a G00gle Maps printout from your place to the laundrette! :D
    If that doesn't work, I'd be inclined to remove the fuse from the plug when I wasn't actually using the WM myself. ;)

[STRIKE]Idiot DH[/STRIKE] Mr LW nodded off in front of the pc three times this morning, despite having snored his head off (and thus kept me awake) most of the night. :mad: So he got told in no uncertain terms to shut it down and find something useful to do. Such as put the Dys0n round to save me doing it later

He's currently sitting eating cheese on toast at me (I'm skipping lunch; slinkiness still eludes me and I'm desperate now).:(

Tomorrow will be a better day; I have a little Yorkie coming in for a simple overnight stay while his owners have the double-glazing men in. He'll be arriving early though; the husband is bringing him over on his way to work; they said about 08:00 so I shall be ready by 07:30, in case they're a bit earlier than 08:00 ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returners :D

Beautiful sunshine here but, oh my, it's cold. Didn't put the heating on during the day at all in Jan but have given in today.

Somehow I've managed to complete Level 2 today - am going to leave the window as I'm sure Valli will put windows on other lists and I'd rather do them altogether. Will run the vacuum around later.

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen

Level 1

Clear sill and wipe
    Clean Window

Level 2 done!!

Level 3
    Vacuum floor

Extras
    MAD half hour - H2H!
    [STRIKE]Make a me-time appointment for sometime this week[/STRIKE] - cinema with Dad Tuesday morning and meeting up with a friend in the afternoon:D
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Done all I am going to on the kitchen - John almost fell off his chair when he saw me cleaning the windows lol!!

LW have fun with the Yorkie tomorrow! Whiz is going to boarding on Friday through to Sunday night but I haven't told him yet (he loves seeing his friends Tia and Bear though, so no problem).
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2018 at 5:03PM
    Options
    Shopping is done and away
    Whole house hoovered
    Rubbish out all bins cleaned
    A looooooooooooong conversation carried out with the bank, why do they have to make things so awkard, any way all sorted now.
    Soup for lunch eaten
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Options
    LW.. it is very naughty to starve yourself.. as a starvation expert.. it really doesn't work. At least eat something like vegetables or fruit which doesn't have the fat/sugar/carb content of actual food and will fill your poor rumbly tum and keep your blood sugars regulated.. I do not want to hear of you being hospitalised with a hypoglycaemic attack because you have collapsed from hunger!! Cheese isn't much good for slinkiness .. can you rustle up an omelette with mushrooms or grated root veg or tomato? That is filling and will keep you going and will be better than hunger!

I've lost 8lb eating twice as much as I usually do.. toast or omelette for lunch with fruit and rice/veg and vegetarian somethings for dinner.. all with a mountain of fruit and veg.. and swpping 2 of the 3 sugars in my tea for sweetener.. though I am suspecting this has made the most difference!.. I'm starting to look a bit like a root veg.. I have a pack of beetroot to devour tonight!

school run time already!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income