“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I think you have made the right decision for you & yours at this moment in time.
    Cant ask for more than that.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It sounds like you have sorted your work situation out in the best way for everyone . Hope you get any benefits back in payment as soon as you can .
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So glad a decision has been reached and you still have your job when things improve. Fab employer :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thst sounds like a great solution Wannabee, glad it worked out well. You will feel less stresses now and can go back when things are easier.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I do feel less worried about the smalls. I do still feel a bit like a failure though :o and I've just proved those who said I couldn't do it right. :cool: Silly I guess. It is what it is.

Such a busy day. I am so drained I'm going to make a cuppa and retreat to the hottest shower possible.

Hope everyone's well x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Don't listen to people who aren't worth listening to Wannabe. Putting your children first makes you a success not a failure.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Don't listen to people who aren't worth listening to Wannabe. Putting your children first makes you a success not a failure.

I was just about to reply with practically the same post :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    January goals

Debt Focus
    Council Tax £1350
    New debt £100
    Rent arrears £2885*

Money
    £80 Groceries - £7.60/£80

Extra income
    Populuslive £50 Cheque (Banked)

Plans
    6th - Sister Birthday
    Youngest appointments
    Decorate Bathroom
    Decorate Toilet
    Decorate My Bedroom

List of things I need to sort
    Youngest - lift the flap books
    Buy a Kettle
    [STRIKE]Buy Mugs[/STRIKE] £2.50
    Buy 1 photo frame
    Buy storage boxes for new things
    [STRIKE]Send Sister a birthday card[/STRIKE] £3.62
    Buy bed
    [STRIKE]Buy toddler bed[/STRIKE] £45
    Buy TV
    Organise DD Birthday

Unbudgeted spends
    £8.10 Mr A Pjs, Jumper, Xmas treats,sweets
    £2.60 Coffee

*Sent £226.14 to rent today, I don't think it will have brought the arrears down much yet though until I've caught up I will get an updated figure end of the month when I've paid more.

Bought youngest another bed. She will still have the bottom bunk for when she's well enough to go in with DD. Being delivered tomorrow.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Glad that you have been able to sort out the work situation and how wonderful that they have said you can return when you are ready. Hope that you are able to relax and enjoy the days ahead. You don't have to prove anything to anyone...you've made the best choices for your children.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on getting the work situation sorted W, it’s great that you have the option of going back too if it’s feasible at that point.

You’re definitely not a failure, I think it shows a great strength of character to try and then to admit something isn’t working (for now). It won’t be forever.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback