NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    TheJackah wrote: »
    Have not received my bonus. Poor service by NatWest. Every other bank gets it right, but not NatWest.

Then complain and ask for compensation.
  • I haven't received my bonus yet either. I was an existing customer and complied with all requirements.

Natwest's Twitter account has been telling people to ring the switching team at 8am this morning however that phone line says office closed. Tried going through the main switchboard too and they said they'd put me through to someone and I got a different recorded message saying they aren't open until 9am. I called back and got put through to complaints and explained the frustration about late payment of bonus, app not working yesterday to enable me to check on payment (apparently an Android specific issue), poor communication and misinformation from Natwest staff. I've been given compensation of £4.05 (reimbursement for time spent calling them - 25 mins) and £25 (inconvenience for late bonus) to be paid into my account within 30 mins.

They still can't confirm what the issue is with the bonus being late or when it will be paid.
  • I haven't received my bonus yet either. I was an existing customer and complied with all requirements.

Natwest's Twitter account has been telling people to ring the switching team at 8am this morning however that phone line says office closed. Tried going through the main switchboard too and they said they'd put me through to someone and I got a different recorded message saying they aren't open until 9am. I called back and got put through to complaints and explained the frustration about late payment of bonus, app not working yesterday to enable me to check on payment (apparently an Android specific issue), poor communication and misinformation from Natwest staff. I've been given compensation of £4.05 (reimbursement for time spent calling them - 25 mins) and £25 (inconvenience for late bonus) to be paid into my account within 30 mins.

They still can't confirm what the issue is with the bonus being late or when it will be paid.

I hope you have reserved your position to seek further compensation if the late bonus doesn't resolve by today. I would suggest £25 for every day that it is late. Think what NatWest would be seeking from you per day if you were in unauthorised overdraft.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Well even if you have to wait a week for it, £25 extra is very nice.

Perhaps those people who have not received the money on time are the lucky ones!
  • Nick_C wrote: »
    Well even if you have to wait a week for it, £25 extra is very nice.

Perhaps those people who have not received the money on time are the lucky ones!

Exactly! They will be quids in.
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    09:06.... Switching Team phone lines already engaged!

Lol.. ;-)
  • matrix999 wrote: »
    09:06.... Switching Team phone lines already engaged!

Lol.. ;-)

As predicted last night.....Best just to hold fire and enjoy the day. Any news will be posted on this thread. If you qualify you will get the bonus in due course, with a nice bit of extra cash thrown in :j
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Still on hold 11 mins so far.

Anyone else remember and keep note of telephone calls for expenses and time and trouble compensation.
  • A shambles of a bank in my opinion.

Already started a switch elsewhere.
  • Weybridge78
    Weybridge78 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    TheJackah wrote: »
    Have not received my bonus. Poor service by NatWest. Every other bank gets it right, but not NatWest.

Even Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank did it correctly when they paid £250 for switching despite their horrendous online banking!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure