Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 8 April 2018 at 7:45PM
    annieme wrote: »
    I do not think they will allow you to use 20% off & a hot drink voucher at the same time but I could be wrong as I often am. You can use your voucher against a drink & food though as this something I always do. I only ever have a cup of tea at £1.95 & they always deduct the £2.70.

Interesting. I thought they had stopped this.
    We always used to have tea and a sticky bun and it took the full cost off both leaving about 20p to pay - this is going back a couple of years ago.
    Then they changed it so that only the true cost of your hot drink was taken off - hence why we have medium luxury hot chocolate now (no sticky bun) which is £2.70 so it leaves 5p to pay.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Old news....

9x Nederburg 56 Hundred Pinot Grigio (75cl) £53.82 £47.25
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Did anyone take part in this today? :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-43689192

Has made me smile...
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We've been trying to work out how many meals two of us will be able to get from the meat box I won - by my reckoning, we will be able to get 40-50 meals out of it, and that's WITH giving some of it away :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Tinyshoes wrote: »

Has made me smile...

Didn't even know it was on, it was actually not that far from us :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »

Has made me smile...

Did you and Mr TS enter?:D
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    We've been trying to work out how many meals two of us will be able to get from the meat box I won - by my reckoning, we will be able to get 40-50 meals out of it, and that's WITH giving some of it away :D

How big is your freezer. Or will you have to buy another one?:D
  • scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 8 April 2018 at 8:00PM

What time shall I come over with my babies. :p

Evening peeps. :)
  • annieme
    annieme Posts: 452 Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    Interesting. I thought they had stopped this.
    We always used to have tea and a sticky bun and it took the full cost off both leaving about 20p to pay - this is going back a couple of years ago.
    Then they changed it so that only the true cost of your hot drink was taken off - hence why we have medium luxury hot chocolate now (no sticky bun) which is £2.70 so it leaves 5p to pay.

I always used to have tea & a toasted tea cake with pennies to pay but I think the price of the tea cake has risen & as my dh always has something much more expensive I’ve never really taken much notice but it always takes the £5.40 off. I treated a friend a few months ago & we both had tea & teacakes & I was surprised how much I had to pay.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    MKS wrote: »
    How big is your freezer. Or will you have to buy another one?:D

I'm Elite. I have two freezers :D
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    What time shall I come over with my babies. :p

Evening peeps. :)

The only thing I didn't have a home for was liver but that's found a home now too :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport