Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• Well it's -1/2 for me again. Why is it so hard to lose the last few lbs.:rotfl:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm over the moon! I lost 1lb today and am now back in target:j.:j

I'll stick to plan today but that will be it for the next week but I'll be straight back on it when I get back from holiday.

That's a good plan Kathryn. As you know I usually use my syns weekly as want more at the weekend and less during the week, although this last few weeks I've been sticking to the 10-15 a day with just the odd day of going over!

Welcome Annie. I'm another diamond target member and have been for about 6 years but went out of target range after a fortnight's holiday in January, which as you can see above I've finally got back, just in time for another holiday:D

Today's plan:

B - fruit after WI - apple slices & grapes (bought a snack pack on the way into Group)
    L - bacon & egg sandwich (HEB + 3)
    D - HM SW faggots; mash & veg from freezer, probably green beans & peas

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - spread 2; brown sauce 1; not sure what else.

See you all in a weeks time!

Denise
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Breadgate :eek::o
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well done ilovetea that's a great loss!:T

Man congratulations denise. Delighted for you!:T

Well it's -1/2 for me again. Why is it so hard to lose the last few lbs.:rotfl:

Why indeed?? although I'd gladly swap with you.:)

Mixed news for me at WI today. I gained a pound.:( That's the bad news but the good part is that I'm still in target...just.:)

I am a bit perplexed as I know I've been sticking to plan and stayed within syns but I suppose as I haven't weighed since December 4th, a pound is nothing.

I've got a meal out tomorrow and no idea of the menu but other than that I'm going to try hard.

I stayed to group this morning. There were a couple of old faces there that I haven't seen for 5 or 6 years. They're starting again. One of them said she'd made the Smash pizza that she used to enjoy years ago. The consultant lectured her on cheats and said that although she'd loaded the 'pizza' with vegetables she must have more on the side. We questioned her about what was the difference between having veg in a meal compared with on the side (surely it still counted as part of a third?) and she said on the side was very important, a new SW thing because people were disappointed they weren't getting the losses. I'm really confused about this. I can't see why, for example, layering tomatoes on top of a cottage pie is any different from roasting them separately. She seemed only to be able to see it as a plate divided into thirds and if the cottage pie (in my example) covered more than a third of the plate then it wouldn't be right even if it was full of veg. I'm sure that's not right but the message I'm taking away is have loads of Speed and keep the carbs down.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk
    L: veggie (courgette, tomato, mushroom, spring onion) omelette with pickled cabbage, ham and cottage cheese
    D: sausage, swede/carrot/potato mash, cauli, broccoli, kale, peas. Berries & yogurt.
    Syns: BGTY sausages 2, gravy 2
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    reporting 1lb off
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman wrote: »

I stayed to group this morning. There were a couple of old faces there that I haven't seen for 5 or 6 years. They're starting again. One of them said she'd made the Smash pizza that she used to enjoy years ago. The consultant lectured her on cheats and said that although she'd loaded the 'pizza' with vegetables she must have more on the side. We questioned her about what was the difference between having veg in a meal compared with on the side (surely it still counted as part of a third?) and she said on the side was very important, a new SW thing because people were disappointed they weren't getting the losses. I'm really confused about this. I can't see why, for example, layering tomatoes on top of a cottage pie is any different from roasting them separately. She seemed only to be able to see it as a plate divided into thirds and if the cottage pie (in my example) covered more than a third of the plate then it wouldn't be right even if it was full of veg. I'm sure that's not right but the message I'm taking away is have loads of Speed and keep the carbs down.:)

I’ve often wondered that Maman as it didn’t make sense to me either.

SSM - what I meant was that the swimming costume I described isn’t really practical for swimming as the skirt bit either clings to your legs or (if sitting in the jacuzzi) everything puffs up lol.

Off to choir tonight so hubby will make a mushroom & ham omelette when I come back - MIL trained him well
  • bubbs
    Beanie, I think we need a picture of your legs..... after all I've seen bubbs' boobs!!
    That sounds rude!! i am a b cup:o
    ilovetea wrote: »
    Quick update as it's bedtime.
    Lost- 2.5lbs again this week so I must be doing something right.
    Haven't had chance to read back. Well done to all the loosers.

ilovetea xx
    Well done:j
    Hi everyone ...... newbie to this site

SW has become a way of life over the last few years with many ups and downs.

I`m a diamond member at my local group but still attend regularly.

Don`t want to slide back into old habits
    Welcome and congratulations :T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Well it's -1/2 for me again. Why is it so hard to lose the last few lbs.:rotfl:
    Well done, but its bloody hard :o i need 3 1/2 now would love 1 1/2 next week for 5 stone, doubt i will
    joedenise wrote: »
    I'm over the moon! I lost 1lb today and am now back in target:j.:j

I'll stick to plan today but that will be it for the next week but I'll be straight back on it when I get back from holiday.

That's a good plan Kathryn. As you know I usually use my syns weekly as want more at the weekend and less during the week, although this last few weeks I've been sticking to the 10-15 a day with just the odd day of going over!

Welcome Annie. I'm another diamond target member and have been for about 6 years but went out of target range after a fortnight's holiday in January, which as you can see above I've finally got back, just in time for another holiday:D

Today's plan:

B - fruit after WI - apple slices & grapes (bought a snack pack on the way into Group)
    L - bacon & egg sandwich (HEB + 3)
    D - HM SW faggots; mash & veg from freezer, probably green beans & peas

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - spread 2; brown sauce 1; not sure what else.

See you all in a weeks time!

Denise
    Well done, enjoy your holiday:T:D
    maman wrote: »
    Well done ilovetea that's a great loss!:T

Man congratulations denise. Delighted for you!:T

Why indeed?? although I'd gladly swap with you.:)

Mixed news for me at WI today. I gained a pound.:( That's the bad news but the good part is that I'm still in target...just.:)

I am a bit perplexed as I know I've been sticking to plan and stayed within syns but I suppose as I haven't weighed since December 4th, a pound is nothing.

I've got a meal out tomorrow and no idea of the menu but other than that I'm going to try hard.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk
    L: veggie (courgette, tomato, mushroom, spring onion) omelette with pickled cabbage, ham and cottage cheese
    D: sausage, swede/carrot/potato mash, cauli, broccoli, kale, peas. Berries & yogurt.
    Syns: BGTY sausages 2, gravy 2

Sorry for your gain but like you say from 4th dec thats good:T
    Our consultant says so you eat more speed like that than free food, but thats generally waht i do, it's rare for me to have carbs, she says having chips today:rotfl::rotfl:
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    congratulations on your loss ilovetea and other losers
    Love the swimsuit SSM
    Welcome Annie Lawrence

Happy (and a bit surprised) to report a -1 lb loss this week

It's my birthday tomorrow and so I got a voucher for a free meal from Brewers Fayre. We went on Tuesday lunchtime and I was very virtuous by ordering steak but swapping out the chips for salad, and just having Pepsi Max to drink. However, I then rather ruined it by eating the four onion rings (10 syns) and then having pancakes later in the day :o

As a consequence I've already used up all my syns for this week and I still have to get through tomorrow (I've weighed in early as we're now away on a break for around ten days). And my OH is taking me out for a birthday coffee and cake - I haven't had any cake since I started SW in October so I'm not going to refuse it but it does mean I will finish the week well over syns wise - and I've started counting calories as well as a double check and even on the days that have been pretty low syn I seem to have generally been consuming more calories than on previous weeks (with things like potatoes, pasta, mango etc).

However I'll get straight back on plan on Saturday, and watch the calories as well as a double check - I'm finding it useful to get more of an idea of how to prioritise my choice of fruit & veg etc.

Kathrynha,
    can you please put me down for holiday for next week, and I'll be back home for the final weigh in of this challenge in a fortnight. Thanks.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi everyone!
    Am back off my holiday. Had a fantastic time, eating exactly what I wanted. The full Irish breakfasts each morning were most definitely my favourite! In a week I gained 5lbs which I about expected to be honest- its the same gain I had at Xmas for a similar amount of time off plan. Went shopping today and bought a load of SW friendly food- finally managed to get some Halo Top, I chose the vanilla bean. It was nice but not worth £5! Got a very difficult few days coming up- Am away tomorrow night at the rugby then out for a meal for OH birthday on Saturday. Thankfully were only going to Nandos :D we had a few Nandos while we were away and I have to say the butterfly burger is gorgeous :D and it was so lovely to have a fizzy drink with my meal rather than having to stick to water :D
    Todays menu:
    B: Overnight oats, 2 x decaf coffee with HEXA
    L: Ham salad with cauliflower couscous, 100ml vanilla bean Halo Top (3) with raspberries and banana, water
    T: Jacket spud with beans and salad, 2 x satsumas, Apple, water
    S: Crisps (6.5) 4 Broghies with smoked salmon (4)
    Syns: 13.5
    I brought a case full of food back with me :D (most of it wasnt for me I might add :D) I brought 4 bags of Broghies in my checked baggage and was shocked that they were entirely intact when I got them home :rotfl:
    Love to you all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure