Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Found your new diary and subscribed. I was thinking tonight not heard from you for a while and here you are taking the scenic route :)

Enjoy your week off xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Afternoon Diary,

We have enjoyed a chilled out morning after a hectic early start yesterday.

Yesterdays competition was a long one and we didn't get home until after 7pm after leaving the house at 7.30! DD did well and came home with one trophy. A lot from the school didn't come home with any. We have another one next Sunday. Only spent £2 on a cup of tea for me and another mum who drove us.

So today we are not leaving the house, well until spinning this evening. I haven't done much this morning but gearing up to do a few more jobs this afternoon!!!

Just had to ring the company I bought my iron from as that broke on Friday... only bought it in December! They were fab though and I just explained the problem and they said just to email across the receipt and they will send me a new one out. They also don't require the other one back! It does work its just the steam trigger thing which has broken. Fantastic customer service m0rphy rich@rds!

No washing pegging out here, too much snow!! I am jealous though ha!!!

Food:
    Breakfast - weetabix
    Lunch - beans on toast and scotch pancake with nutella and banana
    Tea - Hunters chicken, roast potatoes and veg

Positives:
    * love being at home and pottering about
    * NSD3 of 8
    * iron sorted with no quibbles

Think thats about all Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good customer service indeed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Evening Diary,

I am not in the best of moods tonight. Feeling really poor at the moment and for the last 2 nights thats all DH and I have whinged about. So far this year on top of our usual spends we have had to pay £180 to get our locks changed, £23 extra a month for b.gas for the boiler cover, council tax is apparently going up and then I got a water bill which has gone up £18 a month :eek:. The budget is just bursting at the seams. We had already committed to a few things which are not helping the situation this week such as a leavers meal and cinema with the kids. DH has had to use his credit card too which is really unlike him :eek:.

Payday still 13 days away.

Anyway I am going to try and survive on £50 a week shopping money instead of £80 during March and try and get infront that way. I have told DH and the kids I need them onboard or else I can't do it.

I work in a school and our payrises have been capped at 1% for the past 3 years but are hopefully going to be 2% going forward. DH should get a decent payrise and bonus in April so just need to get over this sticky patch we are on.

Haven't felt like this for ages and its not a place I would like to frequent for too long.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Brunch - vege breakfast with DD1
    Tea - hot beef baguette, chips and peas
    Pancakes!

Not feeling positive today! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Beanie do you have a diary? Ive been looking but can't see one for you xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Beanie do you have a diary? Ive been looking but can't see one for you xx

Yes, I do.
    On the MFW board.
    Will try & get a link.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5105630
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Ouch on that water bill - is it metered? We had a leak on the meter itself which caused some problems
  • Oh thats why I can't find you then Beanie, have had a stalk over there for a while!!! Will catch up with your diary now I know where it is xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Do you have anything ebay-able to help you out over the sticky patch? Half term is a good time for the girls to have a clear out Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Do you have anything ebay-able to help you out over the sticky patch? Half term is a good time for the girls to have a clear out Xx

I was going to say the same, have a mad ebaying session. I got my 2 to clear their rooms last weekend, ended up with a bag for charity and a box full of clothes, xbox games,makeup and books. I listed clothes as bundles as couldn't be bothered listing individual items, I also told kids any money made was going to holiday pot, If they want to go on holiday they have to make a contribution. It was quite shocking how much stuff they got rid of considering they had a clear out just before Christmas.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback