Faulty Moto G5plus mobile phone.

Comments

• hightara
    hightara Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    DoaM..... mine was directly purchased from motorola.uk........ harz99 through carephonewarehouse
    I have been through resolver until it could help no more. So I thought a letter before action?

thank you
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Well although I haven't exhausted Resolver yet, with CPW not having responded to my first level of escalation, I decided to send an S75 letter to my credit card provider a week ago today.

Guess what - no response, currently waiting for one to an electronic message I sent today to the CC provider, which got an auto response so at least I know it got there!
  • hightara wrote: »
    I have been through resolver until it could help no more.
    harz99 wrote: »
    I haven't exhausted Resolver yet,

Resolver is just an E-Mail template. The same (lack of) result could have been achieved by simply contacting the company direct.

In the same way, Martin Lewis's name may still be used on this website, but he is no longer involved in it's day-to-day running. He sold the site a few years back but even prior to that didn't respond to forum posts.
  • hightara
    hightara Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    thank you Moneyineptitude,
    I have also been in contact with the company directly along side Resolver.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 February 2018 at 7:50PM
    hightara wrote: »
    I have also been in contact with the company directly along side Resolver.
    Yes, I've read your (long) story and it seems to me that you have no other alternative than to simply wait for the refund to reach your account. I can't personally see any reason for the delay, particularly as they appear to be blaming PayPal for this. The company are clearly determined not to circumvent their processes in your case, but have you thought of contacting PayPal? PayPal won't refund you, but they might exert some influence over Lenovo/Motorala to expedite your refund.

I'm guessing you have also used Twitter and Facebook to highlight the situation?

To be honest, though, I think you'll just continue forlornly complaining on forums etc until the money is paid in the timescale they originally quoted. Court proceedings (if it came to that) would take significantly longer than the six-seven weeks you've been quoted for refund.
  • harz99
    Resolver escalation has now brought me contact from the CEOs office at CPW, we may be getting somewhere...
  • harz99 wrote: »
    Resolver escalation has now brought me contact from the CEOs office at CPW, we may be getting somewhere...
  • harz99
    Handset taken into shop today, and returned to CPW who are refunding the purchase price to my credit card.

This will take a few days longer to hit the card as the shops tills are programmed to refuse refunds after 30 days, so an e-form has to be completed for CPWs HQ to process and a further 3-5 days wait.

Nearly there now, and if I wanted to, Resolver kindly told me this morning I could escalate further if needed, we'll wait and see.
  • harz99 wrote: »
    Resolver kindly told me this morning I could escalate further if needed
    That's an automated notification, you realise?
  • harz99
    So, a £250 refund hit my credit card yesterday from CPW.

I had raised an S75 claim as well at the time Resolver made the first escalation for me, however the CC company had not got as far as contacting CPW, so the success is due to firstly Resolver, and then the CPW CEOs office in accepting their responsibility and authorising a full refund.

I now have a Samsung J5 (2017) as a replacement which I managed to find for £166.95 including delivery from a UK source, £9 for a case, so I'm also better off by roundly £74.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure