NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I must agree; I withdrew the £1500 over the period of a few days in smallish chunks of £400 and £300, so as not to spook the “fraud team” and it seems to have worked okay. :p
    clivep wrote: »
    Paid in £1,500 last Monday and took out 3 x £500 on the same day without having to speak to the "fraud team". Ditto for my wife's a/c.

After the switch I paid £1850 in, which brought the balance to a nice round £1912.83:) A few days later I paid a non round sum chunk to my husband's account for our flights to HK, and a few days after that another non round sum chunk off my credit card. There's a small non round sum balance which I'm happy to leave for the time being.

NatWest will think I'm using it as my new 'main' current account, which was my objective:p I might do something similar this month. I'm quite enjoying the game again :rotfl:
  • badger09
    suesie999 wrote: »
    My main current account is with Santander, which I have had quite a few years now.

I still have an RBS current account, which I can use but only rarely pay small amounts into ( because its my only local branch so use it to pay in cheques etc, and then transfer to Santander)

My question is that I want to take advantage of the Halifax £125 switch incentive but not sure i want to close off the santander account yet.

Can i still switch over my RBS account, which is active but little used? i did an online chat and they said yes, but wondered if anyone else has done this? I dont have any direct debits out of this account and they said it would be ok. I have had the RBS account since 1978, and did switch from that to Santander. Any advice if this will still work?:o

I don't understand.

Did you have 2 RBS current accounts, one of which you switched to Santander?

If you still have an active RBS current account, you can switch that to Halifax. I haven't checked the T&Cs for the current Halifax switch incentive, but if it doesn't say you need DDs or SOs to be included in the switch, then it doesn't matter that there aren't any.
  • suesie999
    suesie999 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    badger09 wrote: »
    I don't understand.

Did you have 2 RBS current accounts, one of which you switched to Santander?

If you still have an active RBS current account, you can switch that to Halifax. I haven't checked the T&Cs for the current Halifax switch incentive, but if it doesn't say you need DDs or SOs to be included in the switch, then it doesn't matter that there aren't any.

sorry is i wasnt clear. I only had/have one RBS account, but when I swithed all my DD's ect to santander, the RBS account remained open and active for me to use. I didnt close it as I wanted to see how I went on with Santander. In those days it wasnt a condition that the account you were leaving had to be closed.

I know if i apply to switch there will be a creidt search ( which is fine) but dont want to have a credit search if my application is likelt to be rejected.

The only reason I can think of that might cause that is because I already switched once from RBS ( although Halifax wont know that i guess :)
    "Serious money saving Diva"........................................:p

Whatever the mind can conceive, it can achieve.............:happylove
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,537 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    badger09 wrote: »
    The delay was probably due the left hand, which picks the activation code numbers from the tombola drum, not being able to speak to the right hand, which writes the texts, until it was back from its mini break :rotfl:
    That sums up the skills of the organisation of this campaign perfectly! Maybe thought up by a committee??
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,537 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    sorry is i wasnt clear. I only had/have one RBS account, but when I swithed all my DD's ect to santander, the RBS account remained open and active for me to use. I didnt close it as I wanted to see how I went on with Santander. In those days it wasnt a condition that the account you were leaving had to be closed.

I know if i apply to switch there will be a creidt search ( which is fine) but dont want to have a credit search if my application is likelt to be rejected.

The only reason I can think of that might cause that is because I already switched once from RBS ( although Halifax wont know that i guess :)

Have just looked at the t&cs. I think you are fine.
    Can't switch from BoS (which is not the same as RBS!)
    you have previously received any other offer or benefits for switching to a Halifax bank account at any point since January 2012
    Doesn't specifically mention DDs or SOs
    Must use CASS

The offer applies to applications received in branch, online (Ultimate Reward Current Account and Reward Current Account only) or by phone from the 6th February 2018 to the 19th of March 2018.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • badger09

Thanks, now I understand.

Unless you know/think there is anything adverse on your credit files, like a CCJ, default, late payments etc, then I wouldn't worry about a credit search.

Let us know if you decide to apply and how you get on.
  • Probably already been asked before but...

I have signed in on the app with my iPhone and iPad

But I have a question about the £1500 pay in

I don!!!8217;t have £1500 to pay directly in but I do have £300 in savings

If I transferred £300 in and out 5 times would that count? Can I do the transfers all in one day or would I have to do on different days e.g transfer £300 today transfer back tomorrow then day after repeat?

I plan on using this account as a billing account but not for another few months yet

Thanks
    Good things come to those who wait...

House Deposit Savings: £450/£10,000
  • magicarpet wrote: »
    I was tempted by this offer but a friend of mine who is a veteran moneysaver had difficulties. Used the switching service to open new account, then checked the account was working by transferring £1 in and then back out. Then deposited £1500 as required to get the incentive, but couldn't withdraw the money. They have since closed the account without explanation and now he can't get his money out! Anyone else had this experience when transferring money in and out quickly?
    Not exactly, and not with consequences as bad as that. But small test transactions are often referred to fraud departments as suspicious because they mirror typical fraudulent activity.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Apologies if it has already been mentioned that there's a huge issue if you rename your Natwest account to something that includes an apostrophe. Basically, don't do it unless you want your account blocked.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2018/02/natwest-customers-locked-out-of-their-app-for-using-an-apostrophe?_ga=2.78025812.1734373277.1518260681-1792643167.1435847652
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Probably already been asked before but...

I have signed in on the app with my iPhone and iPad

But I have a question about the £1500 pay in

I don!!!8217;t have £1500 to pay directly in but I do have £300 in savings

If I transferred £300 in and out 5 times would that count? Can I do the transfers all in one day or would I have to do on different days e.g transfer £300 today transfer back tomorrow then day after repeat?

I plan on using this account as a billing account but not for another few months yet

Thanks

Yes you can transfer the £300 in and out to meet the pay in criteria. Personally, I would do it over a few days to try and avoid getting your account frozen due to suspected fraud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure