Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I love Italian food and fish/seafood so usually go for something like that in a tomato sauce. Still not the most conducive to weight loss but better than carbonara Also love salad..My downfall is snacking! OH and I have been on a few Groupon type overnighters and always found them really good value. Once got a deal in a five star hotel on the Ayrshire coast including breakfast and a two course meal for £69.00 for two That was a Sunday night though so might not be suitable for anyone working.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    I am really shattered and not feeling amazing but have to plough through. I have a busy spell past and coming up with work. I have been dressing nicer and making more effort. What is the point of having nice clothes in the wardrobe waiting for best as they go out of fashion. I feel i spend mad levels on clothes in the past and well if i dont use them it is a total waste. So i wore calvin klein dress to the laundrette and work yesterday.... why not.

My hair seems to being better as i woke up looking like a backing singer in kiss'- mascara and eyeliner that did not come off last night were near my jaws and hair like medussa. Now this is werid the hair held a curly blow dry that i did following trinny'-s advice on youtube better than anything a hair dresser did before. I was so impressed, messy but volumized and wavey i can handle.

i have to buy food for the days a head i'm working tomorrow.

I need to make a good impression as it may lead to a better contract. But if i really push for a contract with big global it brings stress of targets and pages of corporate stuff. I have been there and got the t shirt in a few colours. Or do I do for less stressful mini contracts that are a portfolio of employment and less demanding. I know it is strange but I like working for myself more that signing up as a forever employee and being trapped in a place with no contacts in the wider industry to get out of it.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Wayne is very set in his ways and he mostly prefers to eat typical Jamaican 'hard' food.

I once went to a Jamaican restaurant for a meal and whilst the food was nice, it was a bit dissapointing to pay for food we cook at home. We wondered if Chinese people felt the same if they ate out at Chinese restaurants.

saving I know a few people who have gone for contract work and really enjoy it. One person was a former employee who has gone back on a part time contract and takes great delight in telling his colleagues that anything that comes up 'isn't my problem'.
    I really need the stability at this moment in my life, so it's employment the way for me. I guess that either way, it doesn't matter as you can always change your mind.

I'm off to have a mooch on Groupon now.
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2017 at 3:04PM
    I'm often tempted to try one of the travel deals on Groupon but you have to be very flexible with your dates as availability is often limited to specific times; I'd be interested to know if anyone had tried any.
    Maman, how do you use your highlighter? I think I need to completely change the way I do my make up and your routine sounds so easy and effective.
    I haven't used the John Frieda spray yet but I have used my purple shampoo a couple of times - A Touch of Silver, I think it's called and it's good for brightening up highlights so I'm hoping to be able to wait a few weeks longer before having my hair done again.
    I'm meeting OH in London a bit later for a bite to eat and a show. I'll wear black trousers, a cream chiffon blouse with fluted sleeves and my black brocade slip on shoes. I'll probably need a wrap or jacket though for coming home later tonight.
    A passing stranger made a derogatory comment about the way I laugh yesterday :o ( I was chatting with a friend and she was telling me a funny story), and last week I made a call from work and the person that answered the phone mimicked my voice, dripping with sarcasm, before handing me over to the person I'd asked to speak to; obviously my attempt to be polite and respectful had come across as too "posh":( - I'm now thinking I need to fab up my personality as well as my appearance :rotfl::rotfl:
    Nice sunny day here so the Ray-bans will be putting in an appearance when I walk to the train station:)
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ellsbel wrote: »
    A passing stranger made a derogatory comment about the way I laugh yesterday :o ( I was chatting with a friend and she was telling me a funny story), and last week I made a call from work and the person that answered the phone mimicked my voice, dripping with sarcasm, before handing me over to the person I'd asked to speak to; obviously my attempt to be polite and respectful had come across as too "posh":( - I'm now thinking I need to fab up my personality as well as my appearance :rotfl:

The fact that you can laugh at yourself shows that you don't need to change your personality.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    Hello Ladies,

I had another date with Wayne and after all the conversations we have had on the subject in the past, he wanted to talk about us living together. My answer was a definite no. He is looking to move out of his brother's home and 'rent a room'. This room is a flat that a woman wants to sub let to him for 6 month's. She has 2 cats which would be 'sitting tenants'!!! I told Wayne in no uncertain terms that I would not even be visiting him in that flat if he decides to rent it. I am amazed that after over a year, Wayne still seems to fail to take on board just how fastidious I am about cleanliness. He did not seem to believe me, so I had to spell it out for him that I would never want to cross the threshold of a property that had any pets or had recently had pets living there. Wayne's response was to say that I did not need to be afraid of 2 cats. I just told him that once again he was not listening to me and was trying to treat me as if I was stupid. I will not be changing my mind on this issue. I asked Wayne why an almost 50 year old man would essentially want to remain a lodger when he easily earns enough money to secure a mortgage and own his own home and he got annoyed and did not want to discuss it. Wayne is considered self employed so each year he employs an accountant to do his tax return. He has admitted that more than once an accountant has been astonished that he is not a homeowner.

Wayne has a habit of not answering questions I pose to him directly. He will talk in response, sometimes for quite a while, then I have to point out that he has not actually answered the question I had asked him!!!! :o

I am postponing the meeting with my 2 live at home children. It may never happen.

It may turn out to be wisest for me to keep dating Wayne without moving our relationship towards a more shared future. Our differences do not seem to be conducive to me wanting to share my life with Wayne in a more meaningful way. :o He has quite entrenched sexist views and they colour so many of his opinions. He always thinks that he is right on any subject, just because he is a man :p. The reality is that he is ignorant about so many subjects, because he does not have the knowledge or experience of that particular issue or subject matter.:eek:
  • indiepanda
    indiepanda Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh dear, sugarbaby sorry to hear Wayne is not living up to hopes. I guess the question you have to ask is it worth investing your time in someone you don't think you would ever want to share your life with in a more meaningful way? Time that you could spend looking out for someone more suited to you, or even just single and not having the highs and lows of a good date followed by another disappointment? I know it's hard to stop seeing someone who you have good chemistry with and enjoy doing things with, but though that's vital for a good relationship, it's certainly not enough.

I finally stopped dodging the scales this morning - basically stalled on the weight loss since my last weigh in. Am not at all surprised as I haven't been so dedicated to the diet and have had a few more carbs and sweet treats and the odd alcoholic drink. Still am delighted with the overall progress this year and know what I need to do to get back on it, so will knuckle down and get things heading back in the right direction. I was getting a bit worried about some loose skin under my chin which I think was caused by the rapid weight loss, so slowing things a little is no bad thing.

On that front, I have booked myself a course of treatments at the beauty salon where I have my facials designed to tighten everything up. Bit of an extravagance, but I don't want to have to choose between face and figure - I want both to be improved by this. To be fair mostly my face is looking much better, it's just this bit under the chin, and perhaps I am the only person that even notices it...

I need to try to find somewhere that will do full face threading. I have a few hairs round chin and lip that are starting to grow a bit longer and even though mostly fair I'd rather get rid of them and not be having to have a go with the tweezers.

Been asked on another first date so got to try to work out where to shoe-horn that into my diary. But looking forward to date 2 with last week's date tomorrow. Been trading messages on whatsapp all week and it's been a nice balance - enough to suggest interest, but not taking over my evenings. Not said anything yet to put me off - and that's easy enough done. Had a couple of guys message me last night and both within a message or two had managed to say something to get themselves blocked. Internet dating definitely requires a thick skin and a sense of humour!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Sugarbaby - Sorry things are not working out with Wayne the way you would like. I think your're going to have to take this very slowly and have a long, hard think about whether or not Wayne is capable of modifying some of his opinions so that you can have a meaningful relationship. I know you're very fond of him but there needs to be give and take in any relationship. Hope it all works out for you.
    Ellsbel - I've had a few Groupon hotel deals but not with travel included. They were all great value for money but availability can be very limited and you have to be very flexible with dates. Really good for anyone who is retired/doesn't work.
    Well. My skin and hair are looking good - can really see a difference.- but I just don't seem to able to get to grips with loosing weight. Must try harder!!!!
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    Hello Ladies,

I do love Wayne, but I am not in love with him. I like being single and I have known from our 1st date over a year ago, that Wayne would never be the kind of man, that would make me be willing to walk away from my own life and become a couple. In spite of all the times his behaviour has angered me in the past and I have stopped talking to him, I still wish him well and want good things to happen to him. My love for him is much like I would feel for any vulnerable child, because even though Wayne is a grown man, he presents himself in such a way that I tend to feel I am dealing with a vulnerable child.

I am well aware that when I do meet the right man for me, he will be able to listen to me and respect my views and opinions. We will support each other and be there for each other. We will make each other happy.

With Wayne there are only short lived bursts of happiness.

I feel I have so much going for me, that I do not have to settle for a 3rd best man just to be part of a couple. Wayne is an odd mix of vulnerable child and stubborn man.
  • Toni'sfriend
    I'm happy that you know exactly where you are and what you want and I greatly admire you for it. It would be nice if things we a bit simpler because you obviously like one another a lot but I guess life is complicated and we just have to deal with it. I really hope things work out for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure