Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Coffee & cake always good :)

My last tin opener was a Kenwood & lasted for ages.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CL I love the trams but the nearest station is an half hours walk from me. Dh is going to drop me off at station before he goes to work when it's my appointment - hospital is a motorway drive from here and I don't do motorways :eek:There's talk of extending the track to nearer me by using existing train line - could be talking about it years though....

Well the fence man came....and went.:( why does every job we try to do meet problems.....the concrete is too thick for him to be able to get the post in...so basically he can't do it :mad::mad: so we've had the he'd taken down and a big gap where there was no fence behind it. Off to ring some fencing folk....
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    :eek::eek:rang fencing folk some had waiting lists of 2 weeks for giving a quote and over 6 weeks to do the job...
    One company gave me a quote over the phone and another came straight round to see the job - nearly £400 for a fence panel and a bit to be put in...and we've already got 1 panel....
    So back to plan b with man who came round this morning - sent him e-Mail to go ahead to do the job but using wooden posts rather then concrete ones. Less than half the price and will do the job ok. Knowing my luck he won't get back:rotfl: grrrr - complications in everything we try to do.

Starting with a streaming cold...
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    You are like me.
    Things seem to always go wrong with jobs.
    Hope you get it sorted out.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    So original fence man is coming back next Monday.
    Sitting munching my way through the cupboards - can't get out of the habit - big kick up the behind needed please. I've undone all the hard work I'd put in over last few years.....phoning SW lady and going back on Thursday I think. The problem is I go to the group near my work as it is a much friendlier group and nicer leader then my local one
    (Maybe I'm just more used to them) I haven't driven yet as the pull on steering wheel is painful on my wrist and although I've walked in the past it's a couple of miles and I've lost my confidence walking - I've walked with dh or on my own to local shop and bus stop to hospital but that's it. I'm part way through a countdown which she's put on hold for me - so I need to go to that group

Just got my car insurance through - seems like a big hike since last year:eek: I've been through comparison sites before and this policy has always come out best or 2nd best and their customer service is excellent so not sure I want to spend hours trawling the net.....suppose I should though....

Today I'm grateful for
    - dh putting lid of jam on loosely so I could open it -!!!129300; He forgot yesterday and I couldn't open it

- Aunt Bessie - I used her roast potatoes for the 1st time yesterday and they were OK and saved me trying to peel potatoes

- patient neighbour whilst there's no fence panel
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Auntie Bessie stuff is good :)

• milann
    MSE news - I paid my cc in full :j
    Redeemed some Mr T rewards for restaurant vouchers so a little trip to cafe rouge an zizzi in the offing sometime soon.
    Pushed myself to use my arm to cut my meat with a knife yesterday - it was sore but I did it but didn't sleep with the pain in my wrist :(
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Good news on your CC :j :j

Not such good news on your arm :(

• milann
    I'm at physio next week so will see what they have to say about my wrist - it's 6 weeks now since I fell - elbow doing great but must be some sort of soft tissue injury to my wrist - it doesn't feel broken but it's driving me mad. Only surfaced once I began to use my arm more.

Today I'm grateful for
    - chocolate biscuits
    - looking forward to free food with vouchers
    - painkillers
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Always grateful for painkillers & chocolate biscuits :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback