“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Your menu looks great , all things I would like ! Sorry today got off to a bad start , and then the weather was awful . Thank you for comment on homework , I am still astounded at what the schools expect, but seems pretty normal.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thank you :)

It's snowing :eek: I think it's too wet to stick though - I hope!!

I've listed a pair of jeans on eBay. I'm really struggling to find anything to put on!

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just looked out of the window and it's snowing here as well , but far to wet to stick.
  • WannabeFree
    I've been budget planning again it currently looks like this ..

Weekly Out - Budget now
    £125 to rent
    £12.50 to Council tax arrears
    £25.60 to this years council tax
    £10 Gas
    £15 Electric
    £11.40 Water
    £5.60 TV License
    £1.25 for phone credit (£5 a month)
    £7.50 for Virgin (ends soon)

£3 Snack

This leaves £30 and odd pence (£37.50 after virgin ends) for food and everything else weekly.

11 weeks left of council tax arrears means it will be - £50ish for food and everything else.

Rent arrears I pay £25 a week now which means 52 weeks remaining (I think maths isn't my strong point and I'm sure I had it as November it ended :o:() Although they will probably put this up at the annual review at the end of the month so it should be paid quicker)

When the Rent arrears are paid it then goes down to just under £100 a week - I'll also get 4 'free' weeks a year I'm not getting while in arrears. Which means there will be £75ish a week for everything else. I'm guessing this is plenty for food, clothes, school, travel and 'emergencies'

These arrears have been hanging round for 4 years! The end is in sight.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I've been budget planning again it currently looks like this ..

Weekly Out - Budget now
    £125 to rent
    £12.50 to Council tax arrears
    £25.60 to this years council tax
    £10 Gas
    £15 Electric
    £11.40 Water
    £5.60 TV License
    £1.25 for phone credit (£5 a month)
    £7.50 for Virgin (ends soon)

£3 Snack

This leaves £30 and odd pence (£37.50 after virgin ends) for food and everything else weekly.

11 weeks left of council tax arrears means it will be - £50ish for food and everything else.

Rent arrears I pay £25 a week now which means 52 weeks remaining (I think maths isn't my strong point and I'm sure I had it as November it ended :o:() Although they will probably put this up at the annual review at the end of the month so it should be paid quicker)

When the Rent arrears are paid it then goes down to just under £100 a week - I'll also get 4 'free' weeks a year I'm not getting while in arrears. Which means there will be £75ish a week for everything else. I'm guessing this is plenty for food, clothes, school, travel and 'emergencies'

These arrears have been hanging round for 4 years! The end is in sight.

My advice is NOT to let them put the payment to the rent arrears up.
    When they look at your current SOA they are not going to put it up anyway.
    BY law you should be left a certain amount of money for you & your family to live on & you are way way below that.
    JUst my thoughts :) x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    That all sound amazing Wannabefree, you've done so well clearing debt and dealing with everything else. I know there's a while to go but the Virgin going will ease things a little and fingers crossed for DLA too.

Great to be able to 'see' the end though :T
  • WannabeFree
    edited 18 January 2019 at 11:16PM
    I hope they don't Beanie, it really worries me because they know I have to pay to go to court to pay less, I'm not sure about where I stand on them wanting more and who pays fees?

Thank you Maggie x

I could sit doing it different ways for hours trying to make it work better :o

As always any comments I do take on board.

I think I'm going to give up for the night, have a shower and go to bed and watch Gilmore girls :o

Night and thank you all again for the comments, help and everything else

x
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's all looking so much better than it did just a couple of weeks ago when you only had £5 left over for food, and in a few weeks your budget will be even bigger and then maybe bigger still if the DLA comes through. The end is definitely in sight so hang on in there. You're doing a fantastic job. :)
  • WannabeFree
    Thank you couldn't have done it without all the help I've received :o :A
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I dont think it goes back to court though if the payments remain the same.
    You have paid it over the lasy year & hopefully that will be all to the good .
    Try not to worry too much.
    Easy for me to say I know x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback