A whole new world, for now

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    It's lovely to have you back inod - I've missed your posts and look forward to your update. :)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • I am tired and therefore grumpy. I didn’t sleep well and the 4 legged fiend was barking to get out at 6.20.
    Where to start. First thing is I’m still involved with that client. Secondly I didn’t get the pre Christmas prospect, I sought feedback but haven’t heard anything yet. My invoices are up to date for all completed jobs and I need to finalise two things to get those invoiced too.
    Pipeline is not great so I need to get out there again.
    Most importantly work wise is that I need to get my tax return sorted.

Health wise, I keep coming up with excuses to put off the bsd while feeling worse each day. This is what fear of failure looks like. My c25k starts on Monday and my knee has been playing up. It’s probably just the cold.

Money wise, dh now has his salary into the joint account but feels that’s his bit done. Managing things remains with me. Yesterday we had to replace the toilet seat and our fridge has stopped chilling things.

Inspired by jwil, we started the year with a get rid mentality. That seems to have tapered off but needs resurrected. I do have a list to post here over the weekend. Oh and the day after my 6 month dental check up, the filling in my second from front tooth fell out resulting in a repair two days after my check up.

Aren’t I am gloomy mare!

Today I am grateful for
    A warm relatively weatherproof home
    The prospect of an earlyish finish today
    A reliable car
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,832
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome back :)

Well done on the decluttering. I think a lot of people are gloomy, it's a long, dark month!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • I feel your pain on the accounts, ours aren't finished yet and the deadline is looming :(. Maybe doing those should be a top priority. Is your deadline the end of January like ours?

It sounds like a case of the January blues and a disturbed night doesn't help. Hopefully a weekend will help you to feel rested so that you can tackle the things that are bothering you the most.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Oh dear INOD. Sorry you feel gloomy.

I know what you mean about the BDS and procrastination. I had a read then ate some chocolate :(
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So glad you're back posting.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • INOD,

Just to let you know there are 3 versions of the BSD. The second one will improve your blood sugar and is easier. That is the one I am starting tomorrow.

If you think the 800 cals for 8 weeks is too hard why not do 800 for 2 days and low carb/med style for the other 5?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Im sorry you're feeling so down inod. I always find January rather flat after the manic run up to Christmas. The weather is so gloomy and with no Christmas cheer to offset it. :(

I think doingitanyway's idea of the 800 cal 5:2 version of the BSD would be a good idea for you at the moment as can always jump into the full 8 week 800 cal version when you feel more positive.

And are going to finally drop that draining client soon? ( nag, nag!):D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • As gp would say, “visitors, how nice”

Yesterday I was a complete disgrace. I finally got out of bed to eat the pizza we had delivered and to watch the voice. I know I should feel ashamed but really don’t.
    I had so many plans / intentions and nothing was done. I took a call (in bed) from the chair of that client and have decided that enough is enough. This was not an urgent matter, Just one he chose to ignore. The line has been crossed. Either he respects my boundaries or I’m out. This was after a week where I told him I could either type or listen to him running through what ifs but not both simultaneously. He recently lost his wife and seems to lack companionship. This may have encouraged his voluntary involvement but I can’t be his crutch.
    That said, it’s tough to walk away from a regular income.

We have been unable to find anyone willing to look at the fridge without a minimum £80 call out. I wanted to attempt home repair. DH has had a look and is quite dismissive of my you tube inspired suggestions and I can’t have a go cos of my dodgy arthritic finger tips. Looks like a new fridge will be procured. This was not budgeted for and means that the emergency fund gets no extra income.

On health matters, mr wii recorded a slight loss and bsd is once again off until Saturday as I’ve been advised not to combine starting with the start of c25k which kicks off tomorrow. So I will have 6 daily readings by Saturday morning inc 2 post exercise. This will also hopefully mean that a new fridge is in place to house the necessary food.

The other big update relates to my mother. We have never had an easy relationship. I came at the end of the family with a bigger gap between me and the next one than between any others. I truly believe that she felt she was getting her life back and then I came along. I was no angel in my teens and I think she still holds onto that. However over the past year, she has become increasingly withdrawn, refusing to engage with health care providers and becoming increasingly self neglectful. It has reached that point where a home is looking like the only option. Her mind is as sharp as ever and she doesn’t want to go but refuses any help to enable her to stay at home. It’s a nightmare and I’ve been ducking out of visiting while knowing other siblings are covering it. I have to go today. A social worker has stated that there would be options if she would bend just a bit but she won’t and whatever time she has left will be spent where she won’t be happy. It is what it is.

Today I am contacting my accountant, she’s a friend. I’m then mapping out work activities for the week. I will do some shopping, so hard without a fridge. I will do some laundry and I will sort out running stuff for tomorrow. Isn’t it lovely weather for it!

Today I am grateful for
    Accommodation for me and mine, another homeless man in his 20s was found dead on fri morning in Belfast
    Family, there when needed
    The benefits of a lazy day
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,822
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Sounds just what you needed to me :)

Sorry about your mum, as you say it is what it is.

Good call on that client in my humble opinion.

xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback