PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

3 Months on Market no second viewers or offers

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Benefiting from three DOUBLE bedrooms

Bedroom One 15' 3" x 8' 5"
    Bedroom Two 15' 3" x 7' 1"
    Bedroom Three 12' 5" x 5' 3"

Get rid of the word double.

House looks ok, nothing glaringly bad sticks out. It will be because a lot of people will assume bad neighbours/area or something has happened that's so bad that you have put it on the market not even after 6 months ownership.

As per post#9, the EA needs it worded at the top of the ad listing that you are relocating due to your job.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • WibblyGirly
    WibblyGirly Posts: 470 Forumite
    For me, those bedrooms are a bit of an awkward shape, especially in the one with the bed being side on to the drawers and almost touching the opposite wall! I prefer more square rooms so that would put me off.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,612 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    1. Unattractive exterior
    2. Bedrooms odd shape and no way is Bed 3 a double
    3. Lounge is small
    4. Kit/diner long and narrow
    5. Rear garden rather plain
    6. Price £95,000, but further on says £95,000 to £105,000. Why EAs price so stupidly is beyond reason. Although they're probably trying to attract the sub £100K market. Just put a price above what the vendor is willing to accept, negotiation is always possible
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Make sure you tell your viewers that you have a south facing garden that gets the sun all day.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 July 2018 at 4:13PM
    Genuinely whats the minimum you would accept?

Perhaps market at that price "offers in excess of"

If no interest then you either need to stay a little longer or take a price hit

Essentially there is nothing wrong with the house,you cant change the room sizes and the walls in the bedroom that may not be to everyones taste are easily painted with a few coats of paint.

It will appeal to somebody you just have to wait for that buyer or accept that you will need to lose money for a quicker sale.

I'm not a real fan of the wording offers over,but for me the wording "guide price " always confuses.
    Makes me think of auctions or bidding wars both things I stray well away from

In some ways you should list it for the amount you want for it and be done!
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    All 3 bedrooms are to narrow for my taste, anything under 9'x9' is not a double bed in my books.

Bed3 is traditionally barely suited for a bedroom and is more for storage/office. In your case this is extreme with 5' 3" width.

Other than that nothing particularly wrong with the house, but on the other hand nothing striking that could draw interest.

Looking at RM, there aren't many sales in your area, so 2-3 months for an offer might be normal.
  • KittenChops
    KittenChops Posts: 325 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    When I look at a house online and the first photo isn't one of the front of the house, I usually move on to the next in the list...
  • letitbe90
    letitbe90 Posts: 345 Forumite
    When I look at a house online and the first photo isn't one of the front of the house, I usually move on to the next in the list...

Seems daft.
  • sheepy21
    sheepy21 Posts: 221 Forumite
    The house looks lovely for the money, as the market info immediately shows you've just bought it, I think that's a factor. Not knowing your circumstances I would assume you have a neighbour from hell. So I'd put on the listing that sale is forced due to new job.
  • Throwaway1
    Throwaway1 Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

Exactly the same here. I saw somewhere that it is something EAs do when they have something to hide. It might not be true but everytime the front hasn't been the first photo on houses I've looked at it's always ended up being because of something wrong with it.
    MFW - OP 10% each year to clear mortgage in 10 years!
    2019: £16,125/£16,125
    2020: £14,172.64/£14,172.64
    2021: £12,333.62/£12,333.62
    2022: £10,626.55/£10,626.55
    2023: switched tactics to saving in a higher interest rate account than mortgage interest rate
    2024: mortgage neutral!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport