IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Options

Comments

• scousedicko
    Options
    The Rev might like to check the local rag on Friday 18th, I think they will be telling us that CEL have had their contract "negotiated to a conclusion" and are being replaced by TCP who are installing their gear today. Hope it's not just Whitby's site they've lost.

More info to report, will put it on a new thread.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,348 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The Rev might like to check the local rag on Friday 18th, I think they will be telling us that CEL have had their contract "negotiated to a conclusion" and are being replaced by TCP who are installing their gear today. Hope it's not just Whitby's site they've lost.

More info to report, will put it on a new thread.

I think we've got the gist of this now Scouse :o
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • duddon16
    Options
    Thanks for the information, I will check on line in the Whitby Gazzette this Friday as you suggested. I regret to say i won;t loose any sleep over CEL loosing the contract for the Co Op Car park. They tried it on with me and I would not take it lying down and complaint to the CEO copying him into all my correspondence with CEL. I had a letter from his office advising me that as a result of my correspondence they were now reviewing the practices of CEL. Had CEL responded positively to my appeal in the first place and taken on board my legitimate appeal there would have been no need to involve the CEO. Its because they ignored my appeal and gave it no consideration whatsoever and was threatening and unmoved by my appeal that I involved the CEO of the Co Op. So you could say they brought it on themselves. It wasn't just me who complained I was just one in a long line of customers who had complained in the past, so I can't take all the credit for them loosing their contract except to say my complaint was probably the straw that broke the camels back in a long line of complaints and bad press. so well done everyone who stood up to the CEL and thank you for this thread and similar threads that gave out such sound advice about not giving into to these private parking companies, without that sound advice we may have been tempted to pay the fine fearful of the consequences of not doing so...:beer::T
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    CEL has been replaced not just removed by the Co-Op, so it's still the same organ grinder, but with a new monkey.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• theonlymush
    Options
    Just had confirmation of a parking charge being cancelled from ParkingEye after LBCCC at Birchanger Green Welcome Break MSA - Managed to call up and get hold of the Assistant Site Finance Manager and she cancelled it.

Can't post links at the moment but thread is titled:
    Parking Eye charge notice - 3 letters and now signed for letter
  • Umkomaas
    Options

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had confirmation of a parking charge being cancelled from ParkingEye after LBCCC at Birchanger Green Welcome Break MSA - Managed to call up and get hold of the Assistant Site Finance Manager and she cancelled it.

Can't post links at the moment but thread is titled:
    Parking Eye charge notice - 3 letters and now signed for letter

Just goes to show that local management at Welcome Break will still cancel these sometimes, even though it seems the CEO of Welcome Break has allegedly been 'got at' by Parking Eye and is now replying with a template clearly written by them. Complete U turn to his first forum-publicised dealings with complaints last month and a very poor show in the face of increasing customer complaints, to let the tail wag the dog.

Well done on speaking to a person who took proper action against the harassment. I will add your thread as a link in post #1.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This from PPP. Note the rather bizarre initial excuse from Lidl:-

Hey all, just to let you know, the charge and court case were canceled by ParkingEye.

I spoke to FarmFoods customer support via email. They were very nice in offering me a voucher (which I haven't received yet, been over a week!), but they then wrote back saying ParkingEye are asking for proof of purchase - a receipt or a bank statement. I had neither, so I emailed back with receipts on other dates to show I was a regular customer, and I haven't yet heard back from them :s

LIDL were horrible to begin with. They sent me a template reply saying there's nothing they could do because BPA doesn't allow them to interfere. I wrote back saying BPA does allow them to intervene, sending them the link to the BPA website. I said I wouldn't be shopping at LIDL any more, and forwarded the email to the managing director in the UK. A few days later I received a voicemail from LIDL telling me the parking charge had been canceled. I then called up the court, and they confirmed that the court case had been canceled.

Awesome stuff, thank you all for your help.

I hope the people who support, run and work for these private parking companies are one day punished for their crimes against innocent motorists. At the very least, I hope they see the error of their ways. Their method of monetisation is not just unlawful, it's highly immoral, and I wonder if those without socio- or psychopathic tendencies don't at least feel a tinge of remorse about what they do.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • couchiedemon
    Options
    Another Parking Eye slap down. Retailer: Pizza Hut in Havant. Manager wrote cancelling the charge - ignored by Parking Eye. Wrote to PH MDs - no answer. Went on Facebook and complained bitterly on their page. Almost instant response from senior Guest Relations Executive who wrote in no uncertain terms telling Parking Eye to cancel the ticket and drop the court action that they had no right to launch in the first place. Result!!!! With tks to Pizza Hut for common sense displayed by their staff. Now thinking of launching fraud complaint against PE.:j
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 October 2013 at 8:01PM
    Options
    Well done! I will add that tip to post #3 (about how to complain to Pizza Hut) and a link to this post in post #1. Did you actually get court papers?

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback