greent's mfw journey

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks! :):) xx

Well today marks the 5 YEAR anniversary of when I started this diary!!! My mortgage balances back then were (as at 31/12/09, as mtge co didn't do online banking back then) £104969.37 with an end date of Jan or Feb 2025. Today's o/s balance is £7849:j:j My ultimate target back then was to repay by Aug 2016,and as at April 2010 I was looking at an end date of May 2019. Our current predicted end date is Oct 2015, and I'm hoping to make that August if I can :D

I blame Al with all of her house postings, but I found this house yesterday and DH and I both like it (it's no longer SSTC, sale fell through and you have to ignore some of the d!cor) http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30018012.html
    I've planned which room everyone would have, where I'd have my Xmas trees and lights and even know what fabric I'd recover the kitchen window seat in!!:rotfl: The only bit I haven't planned is the 'annexe'/ bedsit bit over the garage - but I figure that could be used for guests! :):D

So if anyone would like to donate £300K to the cause (I don't want to not achieve my MFW target for this year!!!) I'd be very grateful!!:D:rotfl::rotfl:

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    greent!!! What an amazing journey you've been on, and what an accomplishment to bring your mfw date so far forward!

As to that house (swoons) - yep, if I sell my house and give you all the proceeds and a bit more, you could have £300k easy :rotfl:

The decluttering is also awesome - I was doing a bit more, and I've noted it on my phone, but its not made it through to my diary yet. Only about 5 things even so, tho :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even just reading about your de-cluttering is making me feel less stressed! :D Excellent job.

That house is lovely, although being me, my first thought was, "That'll cost a lot to heat and take ages to clean". :rotfl:

It must be so exciting to be so close to being MF. I'm a little jealous but also excited at the prospect of being in the same position in the future.
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • velocity_girl
    Options
    Hi greent - just stumbled on your diary and your progress in five years is inspirational, well done!
    2018 wins: Aspinal of London jewellery box, Boudavida gym outfit, HP Pavilion laptop, The List party tickets, All Points East festival tickets, Kiehls moisturiser, By Terry cc serum, Nars Liquid Bronzer, Benefit highlighter, Nars illuminator, Fresh advanced lip trio set, Cetaphil sample set, signed copy of My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I think you'd find the teenagers would have ideas about above the garage :D.

Nearly there :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dh, dd and I would lose each other in there!!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    House entirely unsuitable Greent. With all your decluttering you'd struggle to fill it :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Cream_Tea
    Cream_Tea Posts: 427 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    The house looks beautiful. I'm with Watty1 though :p

CT
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£269,000[/STRIKE] £258,987 / MF date [STRIKE]June'49[/STRIKE] June'49
    Debt £24,990 / Debt Free Est. May'21

Updated 06/05/18
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning Greent, you're so close to MF :T:T:T:T

House looks fab.

Kids would love having their own den above the garage :)

Your decluttering is extremely inspiring.

Very best wishes, Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lush house but where will you put the pony?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback