What small DFW things will you do w/c 16th July?

Options

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

Today's plans:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Ironing -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Swagbucks -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, FPL, WinaDinner -
    Read or knit -

Have a great day all!
    C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Wednesday Pence-Wranglers,
    Funny start to the day, as forgot I had my long hair cut off yesterday & got a shock when I looked in the mirror!
    Anyway, today's frugal activity:
    *Did a few surveys
    *Made bread dough (on its final proving)
    *Watered veg.
    *Picked tomatoes, courgettes, more cucumbers (we've had 56 so far!!)
    *Cut rocket & basil
    *Got up to date with my emails & was able to get rid of plenty that were hoping I might want to part with my cash.
    *Try on yesterday's charity shop find with jeans to see if it's going to be a good outfit. £3.99 & appears completely unworn, so I hope so!
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Overnight laundry on half price tariff. Electricity prices going up by 5%, so I'm looking to get back into super uber-doober energy saving ways, as I notice a few little things starting to slip again.
    *Write out book list for stuff I want to borrow from the library.
    *Carry on with current knitting projects - both for presents box.
    *Try to get as many steps as possible. My daily target is 7000. I'm not planning to go out today, so every step will count. It's possible to do - my strategy will be to do 3 x walks up & down the garden in between each task, as each time I do that adds on 600 steps. More steps will be added when I bail out this morning's bath water onto garden borders.
    *Confirm meet-up with friends - have suggested home visit, coffee & cakes instead of going out for a meal, as that will be much more affordable at this late stage in the month.
    *Plan low-cost day out up north with mr f - we'll have fuel to pay for, but will take a picnic & flask of coffee with us. The 2 places we want to visit are covered with our NT & EH pass cards.
    *Update my DFW diary.
    I really do intend to get productive with knitting those gifts this afternoon, so that will be my lot for today.
    Sorry to hear about your little GS being poorly, Dawn. What a worry, I know he's still very young. Hope he feels better soon.
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    I'm stuck in work, bored out of my mind, waiting for something to copy so that I can set the work up for the lads tomorrow.

I'm trying to think of what I need to do this weekend:
    • Pick courgettes
    • Check my secret damson patch on the way home
    • Pot out coleus plants (no point in growing them if they just sit in the greenhouse)
    • Stake the tomato plants
    • Sow spinach (was supposed to do this a couple of weeks ago but didn't d/t dry weather)
    • Finish the socks
    • Hair cut with trainee
    • Tidy round the house (always seems a mess these days for some reason)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 July 2018 at 9:19PM
    Options
    Evening all :)
    I wrote a long post earlier and the wifi went down :mad:
    So hoping for the best this time!
    Baby GS seems much better on the medicine they gave him at the hospital. Hopefully he won't need it for too long! Meanwhile, GS2 passed his driving test this morning :T and both DDs are stressing out, DD1 because GD2 is finishing primary school tomorrow, and will be going to secondary in September, and DD2, now she has finished stressing about the baby, is doing similar as GD4 will be leaving preschool and going to the real thing next term! Where does the time go?

Limited list (again :o) as we went out for the afternoon / early evening, taking our dinner with us :) Went to a local-ish forest, long dog walk, several cups of tea / coffee, and a hot meal with HM flatbreads. Nothing spent except fuel, unless of course you start to take the camper van repair bills into account :eek::rotfl:Thinking about a few days away next week :j

Apart from that:
    Checked banks and updated spreadsheet
    Load of washing, dried on line, and using the detergent liquitabs sent by a survey company as part of a survey :D
    Made spinach and feta filo pie this morning, to use a big pile of spinach from the garden :)
    Also made a sausage casserole to use up all the veg in the bottom of the fridge - took this with us to heat up in the camper van for dinner :)
    I have ironing to do, but fear it won't get done this evening :o

Must water the garden though, and won't be too late to bed!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all :hello:
    Late check in from me. Survived another day at work, and just 2 more days to go. I'm not sure how I'm going to get there though - I think my school brain went on holiday at the beginning of the week. Plus I've still got these dizzy spells and I'm not sure what's causing them. I've caved in and made an appointment at the doctors next week but I'm sure that once I've spent a few days catching up on sleep then I'll be absolutely fine - all the aches and pains will go and I'll be absolutely fine.
    I've spent the evening with the kids, watching telly and catching up with them. DD got dumped by her boyfriend today so we've spent the evening together watching films and eating cake and ice cream. Her first heartbreak, my little love :(
    Not a nsd as I bought the cake and ice cream so we could have an evening of crying and comfort eating. Even the cats have shown up and given us all a cuddle. However, I have done 1 mse thing today - and that is to budget my money. I got paid quite a bit of exam money today and have put it all straight into YNAB and given it all a job. Fingers crossed it keeps me on the straight and narrow.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 July 2018 at 10:02PM
    Options
    Hi July-Penny-Jailers,

Work today. Day 3/4 (unless it gets changed again). Trying to keep myself cheery.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise. Done. 30 min stroll on the prom with DW.

* Take a packed lunch to work. Done. And someone gave me a KitKat!

* Charge phone at work. Done.

* Consume remainder of 20p YS loaf of raisin bread. Done.

* Defrost 20p YS loaf of wholemeal. Done.

* Look at my Finances spreadsheet for August. Done.
    Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: we're off for a couple of days today so just getting sorted before we leave:

Triaged fridge, chopped and froze 4 green peppers, girls had strawberries after breakfast and some more chopped for our picnic, stretched some ham over two sandwiches and packed up grapes, cherry toms and cucumber to take in the car
    Check banking - update sheet, just need to check DH account
    Call vet and order meds for cat, ask for bigger bottle as it's cheaper
    Quick tidy round before we go, vacuum upstairs
    DH gone for a run
    Water plants before we go and feed tomatoes

Trip shouldn't be expensive, got a good deal on a place that should have been 3 nights minimum but messaged as there was just 2 days available and they let us have it. We'll cook one night and go out one night, I have £60 on a gift card for a restaurant chain which will more than cover it. We're going out for the day on Friday with some entrance fees but that will come from holiday pot so all covered.

Have a good few days. Purps.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 July 2018 at 5:13PM
    Options
    Morning folks

Dawn - glad the little man is on the mend :)

ccl - I feel you on the dizziness. It could just be stress but def get it checked out.

Had a good long sleep last night! Just getting myself in gear. Decided to continue the list I started last night. Not sure if it's the medications kicking in or hayfever but I'm streaming with goo and feel quite off kilter. Having said that, I can pop my right ear for the first time in over a year!
    • B/L from stores - done
    • Washing to dry on line - done
    • Ring restaurant to book for next week
    • Get OH to order part for pedal - done
    • Picked up Astonish oxy bleach for £1 at cheap shop round the corner - soak OH's clothes that went yellow - soaking now
    • Pick courgettes - done
    • Check my secret damson patch on the way home - quite small and green atm
    • Pot out coleus plants (no point in growing them if they just sit in the greenhouse)
    • Stake the tomato plants - done
    • Cut grass - done
    • Sow spinach (was supposed to do this a couple of weeks ago but didn't d/t dry weather)
    • Finish the socks - DONE! Hurrah!
    • Hair cut with trainee. My regular hair dresser says that I'm a great customer for trainees as I'm laid back and not stressy. As long as they keep me in biscuits and coffee, I don't mind being stuck there :rotfl: - done. Didn't realise it would be totally free though. Wouldn't even take a tip!
    • Tidy round the house (always seems a mess these days for some reason)
    • Meeting friend for chippy tea later
    • Mid-month budget stuff
    Will add as I go

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • E11ie
    E11ie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good week?

Well our new home sprang a mysterious leak and the short version of the story is we ended up with 7 holes being cut in the plaster board before they found where from, and now the house stinks of damp :eek: but they are coming on Monday (MY BIRTHDAY) to repair the holes, and the carpets will be lifted then cleaned or replaced if that doesn't work. So it's all good really and they've been very helpful - I just hate waiting around for people and the smell of damp. On top of that I've had a couple of poor mental health days where am struggling to cook for myself and generally things get more difficult. Being off work is not a good thing for me even when necessary as am best with a routine.
    • In other news I half knitted a practice sock so may have a go at a real one later - but the pins are TINY !! I don't know if I'll have the required patience but I will try :D
    • Need to get some new comfy shoes as my feet felt like they could fall off the other day, so all my old dead shoes have gone to recycling heaven.
    • Off to the gym in a bit and will shower there and fill up my water bottle.
    • Load of washing currently air drying
    • Need to plan what I'm having for lunch and dinner and stick to it (plenty in the fridge already)
    • Also need new bed sheets as only have 1 set for our new kingsize bed - which is a bit of a problem :rotfl: could pop to town as the department stores both have sales on. Will see how I feel after the gym - may leave it for tomorrow
    • Need to clean the kitchen and en-suite, no point cleaning the bathroom when there will be dust etc flying everywhere come Monday (every cloud) :D
    • OH at work and then out tomorrow night so really need to find some bits to do else will get more fed up, I hate being this negative mindset. I'll get out of it eventually :beer:

Apologies for the moaning post, I'll get back to normality soon :A:A:A
    Total debts £6471.03 / £6261 all currently on 0% interest
    Make £2018 in 2018 = £1010
    Focus on 1% challenge = £64.50
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

I can honestly say I am not doing much and taking it easy.

Left arm still sore and I was that tired yesterday that I fell asleep on the kitchen counter in the afternoon
    Been very slowly catching up on housework-it is very much go slowly
    Banking checked-everything good

Caught up on my spends book. Welcome Thrice this is a great thread that keeps me on the straight and narrow. I have been doing a spends book for just over a year now and couldn't be without it. It is interesting to see where ur money goes and comparing month ends.some things like food treats I try and set a monthly budget for and plan to look at the average the end of December.

I have some personal paperwork that is building up that at some point will need to do, hopefully some tonight.

I have to go away for a night next month. Was advised to book at the Village. Managed to get a room on offer with breakfast, evening meal and full use of amenities for £70. One of my best bargains looking forward to that

Had emails to say my new settee and chair are going to be delivered a month later than planned. I am so relieved! Haven't had chance to sort out and pack up all the !!!! in the living room to get it decorated and this buys me time.

Have a freezer full of food but don't seem to fancy any of it at the minute. Going out for an appt later, going to pick up a couple of cat bits and will see if there is anything I fancy for tea. My freezer seems full of food to cater for DD and BF so at least won't have to buy anything next week when they are back.

Washing out, need to change bedding tomorrow

Think that's about it. Off to clean puss cat now home.

Have a great afternoon everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills