PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Are you SABLE?

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    vulpix wrote: »
    :rotfl:chic pea amnesia
    :) It applies to other pulses, too.

I was once re-arranging Mum's food cupboard and asked her why she had sixty-two cans of baked beans? She flatly denied it until I counted them in front of her.

We worked it out in the end; they were ones yoked in fours. Mum's mental soundtrack went; baked beans, we eat those, must buy a pack.

Which was done weekly in a household which eats perhaps one can a month, so they quickly built into a mountain.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    T-shirts - probably enough for a month :rotfl: & most of them are probably 10 to 25 years old :rotfl:

Fridge magnets - my go to souvenir - around 100 & currently packed in a box :o as the fridge freezer has a cupboard door :o

Photographs - thousands of them in boxes - a rainy month project :rotfl:

:shhh: Christmas cards - enough for at least six years - hopefully NOT SABLE :rotfl:

I am in the midst of decluttering (which has slowed down due to the heat :D) so have yet to discover if I have any more stashes :rotfl:

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Craft stash without a doubt, haven't crafted in over a year but with slowly decorating the house, hopefully the living room will become more practical so I can get crafting again.

Then there is my bear collection but I have started to go thru these and duplicates are now slowly getting sent to charity.

Like Mrs SD I am very slowly decluttering so have yet to find anything else.

I have been quite firm with myself in parting with stuff the last few months. After decorating the spare bedroom grey will I ever need a single purple duvet cover again when I have DDs slightly quirky single grey quilt covers from uni as spares for the bed and I'm not going to put purple in with grey...... so that set went to the charity shop for someone else to get the benefit of.

Also as I am big on buying presents throughout the year or when I see a bargain that will be brilliant for someone but I tend to go overboard. So present bits that haven't been used for a few years have now been parcelled up and sent to charity and I've put some in some charity Christmas gift boxes. I've now reduced stuff down to probably keep me going for another 2 Christmases I embarrassed to say. I am now keeping a Christmas and birthday book to log everything down-not only the savings I'm making but to know exactly what I've got so that it doesn't overtake me and the house again!!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I spoke too soon about the crockery... broke a plate last night :rotfl:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Allotment clothes because I used to work in a Nursery

Gardening Books. I like to say I have read all of my book and only buy special ones which turn up. I have read maybe 30% of the ones I own.

Baking trays because I prefer gardening (see above) to cooking.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kondo, has stopped me going sable with anything new, a case in point being the presents that I used to accumulate. I gave them all away to cs and now give everyone a cash present, which tbh is what they all like, not a lot of cash but enough for a self-bought present

HK I also have a special bear collection, really nice bears. I actually opened the boxes last weekend and each child chose one. I will not be adding to them, so that sable collection is very stable, until I manage to let go of some more, I am trying but the bears don`t want to leave
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    - Pillows
    - Duvets
    - Duvet covers
    (we occasionally have a multitude of unexpected guests, for instance after a party or when people need to catch an early plane (we live close to the airport) ....)

- Soap
    - Cotton handkerchiefs
    - Body lotion (only my husband uses it, I hate the stuff)
    - Hair products for curly hair (I tried out several products for my hair, then did the same for dds' hair. Result: all 3 of us use a different product :( I am working my way through the non-preferred products every other time after washing my hair).
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello :wave:
    Hope you don't mind me joining in too.

Craft stuff for card making and scrap booking.
    Tops for funerals...... we had a run on funerals all in the same family, so I bought a cheap top for each one.

Books.... all sorts. I have a Kin*le too, but I don't think it's the same as paper books.
    DVD's too many to count.

Vinyl records, singles and albums........... about 8,000 :o. Gave up counting.

Kitchenalia........ from 3 generations.

Old sheets ( about 20 ) to be used for dust sheets or rags.
    Think that's enough to start with. I'm not going to count the stuff, electrical, computing etc kept " just in case " by DH
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    Ironing.....

Computer cables
    Computer Screens
    Socks (but I don't mind, as they will be worn to religious standards, and I will need a few pairs until the very last minute :) )
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My initial answer was a resounding 'NO' but then I realised it was SABLE not STABLE.:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure