PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Merlin's_Beard
    Options
    £57.91/59.60

Frustratingly, carried a £3.50 off voucher around T's, went blissfully and ignorantly through the checkout, and have brought it home again. Better luck next time, I guess.
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    OH has spent £5.35 on broccoli, cauliflower, frozen peas & bread; that's the first time in 35 years I've managed to get him to report back!

However this was needed because I was working yesterday, so he & the girls cooked dinner for 6. They didn't use the veg I'd planned - fair enough! - which will now end up in the freezer. But they did use the veg I'd earmarked for tonight & tomorrow, so they needed replacing. Hey ho, what goes around, comes around & pre-prepared sprouts will come in handy another time!
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A quick drop in shop at the local Co-op landed me reduced fish, now in the freezer and the OH's essential coffee along with other bit's see's another £17.32 added and signature is altered.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    €6.69 spent yesterday

We needed more breakfast items and bread so small shop for us.

€116.43 left but eating out of the fridge/freezer/cupboards for the next few days as we are planning a big shop over the weekend
    :money::rotfl::T
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Declaring a total spend of £14.66 yesterday. I had a thing I needed to do after work, so I went to the Morrison's near work, whizzed round, spent £12.67 and then caught the later bus back to town, eating some of my newly purchased fruit loaf on the way. I had a hankering for cheese and salmon bagels for lunches, but the salmon in M's was too dear. Could have kicked myself when I got to the place I needed to be - smack bang next to an Aldi, which had the salmon trimmings I like for an extra £1.99. Alas, no bagels... but they did have fruit loaf 21p cheaper, doh!
    Back in debt again, but for a good cause. £17K to go

April Grocery Challenge: £228.36/200

Decluttering 856/2024 Awards 🥇
    (22/04/24)
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    A nice round £10 spent today, at the butchers in the next town north, who do a good deal on locally-produced lean steak mince. Not, alas, as good as it used to be; it was 3 x 640g packs for £10, but now the packs are a mere 620g! But that's still 1.860 Kg good steak mince for £10, which is not too shabby. Next best deal is in the little town down west where my mother now resides, at £7.20 per kilo, where our own butcher charges £10 per kilo for locally-produced Red Devon mince. You can get mince cheaper, but it's not necessarily better...
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    It seems i havent logged in and declared my budget for this month, although i am keeping notes

£300 as normal please
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Total spend so far this month 122.83/250

I reluctantly spent 51.35 online at Asda's yesterday to be delivered today. I would have loved to actually go shopping but there is so much to do here at the moment that I haven't the time. I usually finish the day's work about 8pm, then it's teatime, after which, I've neither the enthusiasm or energy to drive to my usual supermarket.
    Fortunately, I grow and freeze loads, I rear a few turkeys for Christmas and barter them for lamb and pork with a few friends. I also have hens etc so there is always something I can produce for a meal but that doesn't stop us needing things like milk, flour and cleaning stuff etc.
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    £125.70 spent so far.. Thinking its far better than this time last month!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    £5 spent this morning on bread & bananas; again, I haven't time to bake much this week, although I'm doing savoury flapjacks right now, and cinnamon buns tomorrow, as OH & I are away for the weekend & will need snacks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure