Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry nmm got the PM and have messaged you back. Think you have FoS's address from last year but message me if not. Thanks for contacting the F'book members to get them in on the action!
    Now to quickly stitch a design aaaarghhhh!
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thanks I just replied to your message before reading this post, I have the address from last year :) I've picked my design already its not that big but needs 20 colours, lol
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Have finished Pretty Maids:
    https://flic.kr/p/2hHgZwG
    Need to have a look through my stash and see whether I have a mount and frame, fingers crossed.
    Just need to sort card exchange piece now.
    Hope you're all going well,
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Pretty maids is great, your sister will love it, if you don't have any small frames try poundland, they do a decent range of frames, even saw some A3 size when I was in last. Made a start on my exchange piece today :xmassmile
  • Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Another item ticked off my list - I've framed finally gingerbread trio. Used a charity shop frame and had to trim a mount - not all that neat but given it will only be out for a few weeks each year, I'm happy enough.
    https://flic.kr/p/2hHSHM7
    Went to H0bbycraft today and got a black mount for Prett Maids. Need to get a frame 8" x 6" so will have a look in my stash and then charity shops before purchasing new. In case you're wondering - I didn't do the writing on it as don't really like words on my designs - apart from samplers of course lol!
    I have to apply for my job this week :( This is for the permanent position as I'm currently on a contract until May but they've managed to secure headcount. This time of year is particularly hard for me and the family as nephews anniversary is coming up. Could do without the extra stress at work but not a lot I can do about it :(
    I have rejoined the gym and have been three times this week which is helping my low mood, so all good.
    Sorry for rambling on! Next time, more updates!
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    The gingerbread trio look great, the mount matches perfectly. Where I live we only have a couple of charity shops and they never have photo frames in the size I need, hence I end up in poundland. Although its rare that my projects fit in standard frames :rotfl: Good luck on the job application, thinking of you at this time of year, i remember it too :( Exercise really does help with your mood so keep up the good work of going to the gym, i'm a cheapskate so i do free workouts and daily Yoga from youtube.
  • nmm
    Coxy, I hope you are doing ok and managing to keep busy x

11 days since I last posted where has the time gone. I have completed my exchange card just got to mount it, I've still got a few cards to make and a huge list of crochet items to do. I need a Christmas miracle :p
  • Coxy11
    Hiya,
    Sorry for the lack of posting. I was unwell last week with a urine infection then the dreaded TOTM came on Wednesday - couldn't make it up! Nephews anniversary was Friday and I strongly suspect stress caused the infection. Almost back to normal now and didn't have time off work as I've been invited for interview on 13 Dec and need to be super employee so they keep me on!
    Well done nmm on finishing your card exchange piece. I've started mine and hope to have it finished by the weekend.
    I didn't go to the gym last week for obvious reasons, but back there yesterday and tonight - all good. DDs car died last week so we had to get another this weekend as she drives to school along with DS2. Just feels like one thing after another. Gym helping though!
    Hope FoS got my PM about the card exchange (fingers crossed)
    Coxy x
  • nmm
    Hi Coxy, glad you're on the mend now, I really hope next year is a much better year for you, it's been a tough one this year. I haven't done much of anything over the past week as doggy was poorly again, shes recovered now and back to her menacing self :rotfl:
  • Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Nmm - hope poorly pooch is better now, it's awful when they get ill xx
    Got out of work early today and have been to the gym. Have eaten and about to get my stitching out now. Still hoping to have it finished by the weekend including embellishments - I do love an embellishment lol!
    I am thinking about my list for next year :) and can you believe the framed little ladies are STILL sitting on the hallway floor waiting for DH to put them up. That was money well spent lol!
    Coxy xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure