Tandem Savings Account - Time to Open

I've applied for a Tandem savings account and almost instantly got a notification that my account was up and running.

However, upon going into the app itself, it says there's further checks required.

I contacted them after a couple of days and apparently it's only going through the usual process as expected.

However, it's a week tomorrow and it's stuck on the same status. Just wondering whether anyone else has had a similar experience?

I'll be honest, for maybe the past 10 years I don't think I've had a savings account that isn't opened instantly there and then online!

Comments

• ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    For 0.6% interest, why bother? Plenty of better options available.
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    wiseonesomeofthetime Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 20 July 2019 at 10:25AM
    You would probably make more from AA Savings TCB Cashback offer than in interest with Tandem tbh.

And of course, Marcus at 1.5%

I assume it's the app that has attracted you rather than the rate.

I am one to talk though as i have (small amounts of) cash in Pots with Monzo earning 0% lol
  • DPS-2016
    DPS-2016 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry, I didn't notice replies at the time (does the forum not do notifications?).  
    Anyway, no basically the savings account was a gateway to their cashback credit card (now withdrawn).  
    Savings account still open and always had a £0 balance.  I like apps (I'm a techie) but I like higher interest rates more!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback