Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    FionnMac wrote: »
    Well, I'm based in Manchester

Was yours a self-install, i.e. just plug the box in, or did they fit a dish for you?
  • FionnMac
    FionnMac Posts: 18 Forumite
    Was yours a self-install, i.e. just plug the box in, or did they fit a dish for you?

I live in a building and the dish is on the roof
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Contacted LoveDigital through facebook, was able to get them to call me and they offered me:

Sky Q box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Entertainment HD
    18 month contract
    ...for £20pm.

No install costs, although I did have to wait 9 days until a slot was available! Sound good?

That's ridiculously good -in fact ,seems too good ! Have you got it all in writing?? Effectively £5pm for Sports in HD - Can't remember anyone getting such a good deal - on SKYQ as well.;)
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Contacted LoveDigital through facebook, was able to get them to call me and they offered me:

Sky Q box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Entertainment HD
    18 month contract
    ...for £20pm.

No install costs, although I did have to wait 9 days until a slot was available! Sound good?

Bite their hand off! Although the disadvantage is after 18 months you'll get a crap renewal deal and as far as I know there's no way to go back to the old sky box :(

Is this love digital deal for new customers only? How about if you've been without sky for about 4 months?
  • footyfootyfootball
    footyfootyfootball Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 10 August 2018 at 4:07PM
    Went through Love Digital yesterday. Took them up on an offer of:

Sky Q 1TB
    HD sports
    HD entertainment
    HD cinema
    Unlimited broadband

£48pm

Pretty pleased with that
  • I sent love digital a Facebook message this morning and still not had a response, how long did it take for them to get back to everyone else?

I!!!8217;m after that Sky Q box with HD Entertainment & HD Sports for £20 deal someone else has already got on here.
  • zoso121
    zoso121 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Just spoken to retention's after calling to cancel. Got offered
    Sky Entertainment HD Pack
    Box Sets
    Full Sky Sports HD

£34 pm 18 month contract Discounts last 18 months
    There was a £10 'admin' charge which was mentioned at the end of the conversation, which was a little annoying, but overall I was happy with the deal.
  • zoso121 wrote: »
    There was a £10 'admin' charge which was mentioned at the end of the conversation, which was a little annoying, but overall I was happy with the deal.

You should have flat out refused to pay the £10, they would have backed down without a doubt.
  • cjp2k
    cjp2k Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Really struggling to get a deal on thw broadband and talk side of things i have been paying £12.50 a month for fibre and line rental for the last 2 years. Sky wrote to me offering half price line rental and £7.50 discount on broadband

I tried to get the same discount as last year and not getting anything

My tv package is sky q 2tb multi room sports movies and full package including hd sports £56 so i cant grumble on the t.v. side
  • cjp2k wrote: »
    Really struggling to get a deal on thw broadband and talk side of things i have been paying £12.50 a month for fibre and line rental for the last 2 years. Sky wrote to me offering half price line rental and £7.50 discount on broadband

I tried to get the same discount as last year and not getting anything

My tv package is sky q 2tb multi room sports movies and full package including hd sports £56 so i cant grumble on the t.v. side

If they're offering you UL fibre for around £20 grab it, you're not getting better off them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback