3 Mobile 0800... numbers hiding

Options
umka
umka Posts: 8 Forumite
Hi All! Please help needed!

I have a dispute with 3Mobile over 0800... numbers calls which disappearing from my monthly bills.

At the moment I need to prove that I made calls to Financial Ombudsman, as they insist that I never called them.

I tried to call customer service of 3Mobile, but they give ridiculous excuses and ignored ALL my complaints. Finally, I received one reply which says, "we resolved your complaint if are unhappy with our decision please contact Communications Ombudsman, OFCOM and others." In fact, they did not send me ANY of their decisions.

Finally, I reached the OFCOM to get an answer Why all my calls on 0800... numbers were deleted from my phone bills and why 3Mobile company refused to send me a FULL list of my calls?

The answer from OFCOM was that "it is an EU regulation to remove all free calls from the monthly bills"!!!

It sounds like a magic story to me.

Please help with advice and what I can do about it?

Many thanks.

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not magic. Ofcom general condition 12. Itemised bills must not include calls to freephone numbers.
  • umka
    umka Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Ok. Thanks. How can I prove that I made those calls?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    "must not include" - is it not just stupid?

How typical for both Brussels and Ofcom...
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    Options
    The record of the calls you made already is not available, but you can install a call recording app (there are several) to record future calls you make. Would that be useful?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This old thread indicated you recorded all your calls

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=56341163#post56341163

You do seem to have a lot of disputes with people
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    umka wrote: »
    Ok. Thanks. How can I prove that I made those calls?
    The phone app on your phone will have a log of all the calls you make and receive. Look at it. Export it.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There are a lot of very sensitive helplines on free-to-caller numbers such as 105, 111, 112 or starting 0800, 0808, 116.

Removal of these call details from itemised bills is a vital protection.
  • grumbler
    Options
    Protection from what?
    With some effort I can understand removing some information from paper bills, but not from an itemised bill in an online account. And again, this can be optional and done on customers' request, not enforced by the authority.

However, we receive so much 'sensitive' information through post, that getting concerned about some phone numbers is hard to understand. There are much more important things to worry about for both Ofcom and customers.
  • stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    Protection from what?
    With some effort I can understand removing some information from paper bills, but not from an itemised bill in an online account. And again, this can be optional and done on customers' request, not enforced by the authority.

However, we receive so much 'sensitive' information through post, that getting concerned about some phone numbers is hard to understand. There are much more important things to worry about for both Ofcom and customers.
    There are some help lines that support people who are in immediate danger of violence. And being discovered calling those numbers could in itself be the catalyst for a violent attack.

If helping to prevent even a small number of such attacks by hiding evidence of those calls annoys a bunch of 'nanny state gone mad' whiners then that's just a bonus.
  • grumbler
    edited 15 March 2019 at 7:13PM
    Options
    And what about helplines that offer 0845, 020 and other numbers?
    Let's hide them too to "prevent even a" bigger "number of such attacks".

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/domestic-violence-helplines

To be absolutely safe let's hide ALL numbers and ban itemised billing altogether.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure