PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th September 2018

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Morning,
    I’m in too, restored house back to normal on Saturday, however the spare room still needs sorting and the oven could do with a good clean inside, I degreased and buffed the top of it Saturday – ie the bits you can see! :D:D
    Monday Mayhem ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level One..
    [STRIKE]Vacuum through the living room, hall and stairs[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean windows and all glass.. including the tv screen
    Clear the mantel and only put back the items which are supposed to be there.. and that doesn't include letters, keys or other treasure![/STRIKE]
    Level Three...
    Wipe and water plants - NO PLANTS! :)
    Put all your hotspots in one pile and work your way through it..
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself.

Extra Mission: Pick one or more of the following tasks –
    • Have a bit of a tidy in the cupboard under the stairs.
    • Wipe down any paintwork that needs it.
    • Binbag dance.. Get a binbag.. fill it and bin it!!!
    • Wash any cushions, throws or curtains that need it.. Do you need your winter curtains up yet?
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning

Thank you for all the lists xx

To do
    Hoover whole house
    Wm is on
    Tip run
    Remember to go and get my boobies squashed in their machine!! It is that time again.
    2 x parcels to post
    Pick up prescription

Have a good day
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Hello from a semi Newbie!
    I am in bathrooms and craftroom zone work this week and need to;
    Wipe top of cabinet and extractor fan
    Clean wet room drain
    Soak bottom of shower curtain
    Wipe shower track
    Wash bathroom windows
    Scrub floor
    Wash down tiles
    Dust book shelf
    Clean skirting/architraving

Swish and swipe and chicken cleaning done

Onwards and upwards
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Welcome FrugalinShropshire - nice to have another Flylady in this part of the world! I look across to the Shropshire Hills every time I walk our dog.

Having slept for nearly 9 hours :eek: (I must have been tired!) I started more paperwork at 7.00 and have made a little progress.
    Had breakfast (prepared as usual by DH) and finished the crossword.
    I need to make a big dent in my list today but have to take DH to a horse piddle appointment in the big city this afternoon, so that's the afternoon written off.

Catch up later. (((Hugs))) spoons and sticks to all, especially pigpen x
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,982 Forumite
    Yuk. More of the same? I suppose that, even in the worst case scenario, once the youngest is 16, you technically won't have to deal with him again.

worse.. the abuse has escalated and they are trying to take her out of school. I have objected to school transfer but cf had applied to home school but both applications have been blocked. Isolating her further and removing from formal education is just what serious abusers to to hide their crimes.. I am absolutely not going to be a part of that! I have everyone and their dog on his case.. but the things he is saying about Moomin are horrific and obviously not true. You wouldn't say these things about someone you hate never mind a child..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Pigpen what a ***** hope the police can accidentally cause him damage.
    Welcome newbies.
    Thanks for lists.
    So far I've done 3 gym classes which may be rather ott after Saturday's run!
    Plan to spend the afternoon playing catchup and getting ahead as this time next week I'll be on hols and it's a busy week. Need to finish planning the training I'm delivering on Wed.
    This eve will be bitter-sweet: going to the wedding reception of my dear late friend's daughter. How she - and all of us- would have loved her mum to be there. Can't believe it is 10 months since she passed.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Piggers what in the sam h£ll is wrong with that man? I don't get it. I just don't; why oh why can't he live and let live? :( But then, I don't understand the mindset of abusers of any type. Hoping the police can get the blighter sorted.

I've done a bit less than an hour in the garden (bin day tomorrow, and i wanted to make it worthwhile putting the green wheelie out).

Got to Dys0n the bungalow in a bit, got a meet'n'greet visit with Bella Beagle tonight.

Must go; Mr Wolf wants to use the pc. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Late check in from me today, and I was absent most of last week, mainly because I was rushing around sorting out stuff for DD1 appartment and getting all the bedding I had brought home from holiday house laundered. I think there is only one load left now so the end is in sight.
    So far today have hoovered living area and kitchen, and done 4 loads of washing including TD ironed and put away.
    Also enjoyed a bit of me time as a friend came over for coffee this afternoon and we sat in the garden chatting.
    Should be in a bit tomorrow morning to get more done.
    Hugs to all
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Washing in and away
    Ironing done
    Breast screening done
    2 more parcels paid for and sent out.

I am sure I have done loads of other stuff.

Piggers, what an !!! hole CF is..............I really hope he doesn't walk into anything that might hurt him......................!!!! head.................other words are available............
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,982 Forumite
    You would all be very proud of my eloquence.. I have refrained from name calling (in emails and calls) I have not used foul language (on the phone or in emails), I have been a pillar of the community but what wouldn't I give to be in the room today watching him rant and call me everything from a pig to a dog.. my official title is 'Mega B***h' ... I am THAT awesome..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts