PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th September 2018

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    The dog didn’t roll in anything last night! well done dog! He still stood in the shower cubicle expectantly though! I don’t think so.
    I wrote out a list of new cleaning products I need and want for this weekend, il head into town on Sunday and purchase. Nearly out of my Dettol spray which I love, might try another scent, just using the original here. Got a wash ready to go when I finish work and the flash ready to blitz the kitchen, degrease the oven will take place,tonight!
  • Photos on the laptop finally sorted into folders so I can pick out the ones I want to get printed off. A big job, and I've been meaning to do it for ages. Hose washed and threaded through the house to water the pear tree, apple tree being watered with another hose from another house. Bird food mixed up for the blackbirds and robins if they ever come back; they disappeared during the hot dry weather. Fingers crossed. Now to go and plant some pansies.
    Better is good enough.
  • Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Photos on the laptop finally sorted into folders so I can pick out the ones I want to get printed off. A big job, and I've been meaning to do it for ages.

How odd.. I too completed this job only yesterday mainly because the insomnia has kicked in and the last 2 nights have been rubbish.. Shall be getting a few printed off to make up a frame to go in my boys room. :D
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Glad it's Friday [flumps onto settee].

Today is my only guaranteed evening to get some housework done, so I'm going to have to drag myself back up in a minute.

Irritated (and concerned) that it feels as though somebody tried to force my front door open today, as the handle is rattling and wobbling about a bit compared to this morning. I'll have to make a point of contacting the landlord to see whether they'll come and check it out or wash their hands of it because it's a very expensive mechanism. Not that there's anything particularly valuable, portable or saleable in here, but I don't fancy the idea of anybody nosing around - personally, I blame the builders who have set up a portacabin almost directly outside, as that provides almost perfect cover for anybody wanting to force the door without being seen.

Have already contacted the Police and they've said somebody will be in touch tomorrow, as there were reports today of people trying to gain access to back gardens in the next road.

Probably better clean up in case I end up with uninvited intruders - I might not notice!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all.

Achievements this week:
    - washing and ironing up to date, everything FUPA
    - food bought
    - house superficially clean and tidy
    - Rosie walked daily
    - somehow I'm still on talking terms with DH, who is threatening to stop driving completely: apparently "it's not worth all the hassle with DVLA" because they have revoked his license again due to his sleep apnoea. It seems to be my fault...

Joys and sorrows:
    - one of my friends helped to deliver her 4th grandchild on Monday
    - my goddaughter arrived yesterday evening to help me celebrate my licensing
    - my DS2 and his family have all got a tummy bug which is affecting the adults worse than the children, so they can't come to my party today

To do today:
    - take Rosie for a walk
    - breakfast
    - take Rosie to kennels
    - prep some food and pack coolbox for tonight's barn dance
    - lunch party in Cathedral City with DH, DGodD and 4 old friends
    - big celebratory service in the cathedral alongside 5 of my fellow students
    - barn dance at church this evening
    More celebrations tomorrow at church, after which I plan to do nothing for the rest of the day but sleep. I'll collect Rosie on Monday morning!

See you next week - hope you all have a good weekend x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning folks,

Ionafan that sounds like you are busy busy, don't go over doing it.

Cat prowling around the garden for some reason! jumping on things such as leaves......
    Kitchen is done
    Bins sorted
    Don't really have a lot going on this weekend so it willbe general stuff and reading.
    If the weather forecast is ok, I 'might' go car booting tomorrow, as the mornings are now much darker and I don't really like the 4am starts with darkenss, during the summer it is ok.

Catch you all later
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 September 2018 at 5:08PM
    Have a lovely, lovely day, Ionafan - you've so earned it! And a (((hug))) for you for having to deal with your DH's tantrum about having his freedom slightly curbed.

OH decluttered to the station for a day trip up the smoke to watch his team, beef thingy prepped and bunged in the slow cooker for tomorrow night, gardener given a tray of tea and biscuits and paid for mowing the lawn - the communal one escaped this year's lack of rain remarkably well.

Lodger is out working, and the other one arrives tomorrow, so I think I'll do the shower room today and then I can forget about it. Couldn't do it on Friday because the three beefy plumbers were still here all day. No point. OH and I have kept on top of the plumbers chaos but they've cleared out all the stuff they don't need with just the boxing left to do, and left marks on the carpet. Slight grrr, but the chief plumber's going to get advice from his wife about how to get rid of them, because she's fab.

Then on with the summit notes and I want to get the tax return finished over the weekend too. I'm sick of it hanging around like a bad smell.
    Better is good enough.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Kitchen cleaned. Trapped dust and fluff spotted in vacuum so minor stripping down and invention cobbled together to remove the plastic rubbish which was trapped and presumably causing both the blockage and the irritating high-pitched whistle.
    While I had the toolbox out I dealt with the loose door hinge on DDs wardrobe which I had spotted the other day. Now to utilise cloth and bucket in bathroom.
    Then I'm planning on making a veggie chilli with the veg from my fridge bottom and the bag of produce I have been gifted by the Aged Ps who are gracing Tuscany with their presence.
    The I MUST deal with a frog and a Cane toad.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Quick post to assure you all I'm still alive, before I vanish into the depths of the [STRIKE]midden[/STRIKE] bathroom to steam clean it.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Bathroom and kitchen cleaned; laundry ironed, and, because I have a frog and a toad to munch, I decided it was the perfect time to try to polish the brass door handle on the lounge door...I have given myself a strict talking to.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family