Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Everybody,

I have made the following change for this weekend's update.

- Leeds BS Regular Saver issue 13 account replaced with issue 14 (updated in post 7, same account details as before but the maturity date is 31st March 2019 with this issue)

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    liamcov wrote: »
    At the end of the term how are the funds released - the usual online BACs or cheque etc?
    From my recollection of my previous Principality maturities, it's BACS (actually Faster Payments).
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I was thinking the same. There's a lot going on here. Also I was wondering if anyone is using any platforms like payleaf.com to help them save/ generate income? Also I was reading someone had suggestions on other banks with over a one percent interest rate??
    This thread is about Regular Saver accounts only, and UK accounts only.
  • I had a letter today from Norwich & Peterborough about the imminent discontinuance of their brand. Evidently it won't be possible to open an N&P Regular Saver after 10th May (So, last chance to shelter £500 per month for 2 years @ variable 2% p.a.!). Account holders will receive a replacement (Yorkshire Building Society) account number in June. From 9th July, holders of a legacy N&P RS will be able to see that replacement account in YBS online. They also say that Standing Orders will be rerouted automatically, but I'm not sure I'll leave that to chance.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    I had a letter today from Norwich & Peterborough about the imminent discontinuance of their brand. Evidently it won't be possible to open an N&P Regular Saver after 10th May (So, last chance to shelter £500 per month for 2 years @ variable 2% p.a.!). Account holders will receive a replacement (Yorkshire Building Society) account number in June. From 9th July, holders of a legacy N&P RS will be able to see that replacement account in YBS online. They also say that Standing Orders will be rerouted automatically, but I'm not sure I'll leave that to chance.

So those of us already with a York's RS will end up with two?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I had a letter today from Norwich & Peterborough about the imminent discontinuance of their brand. Evidently it won't be possible to open an N&P Regular Saver after 10th May (So, last chance to shelter £500 per month for 2 years @ variable 2% p.a.!). Account holders will receive a replacement (Yorkshire Building Society) account number in June. From 9th July, holders of a legacy N&P RS will be able to see that replacement account in YBS online. They also say that Standing Orders will be rerouted automatically, but I'm not sure I'll leave that to chance.
    Currently, open in branch only.

https://www.nandp.co.uk/savings/
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Previous years' issues have permitted you to change the standing order date after (at least) the second standing order payment has been made (so effectively after the third payment). I've had a look at the terms and conditions of it for this year and can't find this statement anymore. Does anyone know for sure if they've changed it so that it can no longer be done? I would ask them, but find that they don't always give accurate information :undecided
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    10_66 wrote: »
    Previous years' issues have permitted you to change the standing order date after (at least) the second standing order payment has been made (so effectively after the third payment). I've had a look at the terms and conditions of it for this year and can't find this statement anymore. Does anyone know for sure if they've changed it so that it can no longer be done? I would ask them, but find that they don't always give accurate information :undecided

Yes this is fine as long as you only pay in the increased amount that would be in the account at that month increasing by £250 a month.

Its FD that doesnt allow you to change the payment date so you have to open the regular saver on the date you want the SO to go out.

HSBC is fine, I have changed mine in Date and amount often, depending on where I have spare money to fill it up.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Yes this is fine as long as you only pay in the increased amount that would be in the account at that month increasing by £250 a month...

...HSBC is fine, I have changed mine in Date and amount often, depending on where I have spare money to fill it up.

Thank you. I've always done this, but the terms and conditions wording seem to have changed this year, so just thought I'd better check.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    Westie983 wrote: »
    HSBC is fine, I have changed mine in Date and amount often, depending on where I have spare money to fill it up.

Huh! So did I - but it didn't generate any extra interest when I brought the date forward. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure